2012 AFL Draft Combine - News and Invitees

Remove this Banner Ad

Not tall enough? Of course he's tall enough. He's already up around the 197cm mark and still growing and can leap twice as high as any competitor in colts footy. But yes, the injury is a concern. He's back in action this week against East Perth, so we'll see if he's made a full recovery. Hopefully he isn't rushing things.

Really not sure if Ive seen a dumber piece of advice dished out to a young player.

There's nothing to gain from him playing, Subi can't make the finals, the minute there is a tear of any degree in the ACL you get it sorted, if he comes out and pings it this week there is a duty of care issue on the clubs hands.

Breath taking stuff.

Daniel Giannini, a big bodied midfielder who plays for St Kevin's (injured this year) missed out on an invite. 180 cm, 95 Kilo's, huge engine, knows how to find the footy, can play forward and back too. watch out for him in the VFL next year maybe, heard Port are onto him.

Really not sure if Ive seen a dumber piece of advice dished out to a young player.

There's nothing to gain from him playing, Subi can't make the finals, the minute there is a tear of any degree in the ACL you get it sorted, if he comes out and pings it this week there is a duty of care issue on the clubs hands.

Breath taking stuff.

That's what I'm worried about. I actually feel like telling him this myself but I'm not part of the club, so not sure it's my place to.

Chase Strange is small and vanilla, Bartlett doesn't stand out enough with the likes of Colledge and Kent running next to him.

Daniel Giannini, a big bodied midfielder who plays for St Kevin's (injured this year) missed out on an invite. 180 cm, 95 Kilo's, huge engine, knows how to find the footy, can play forward and back too. watch out for him in the VFL next year maybe, heard Port are onto him.

How are the skinfolds champ?

Not tall enough? Of course he's tall enough. He's already up around the 197cm mark and still growing and can leap twice as high as any competitor in colts footy. But yes, the injury is a concern. He's back in action this week against East Perth, so we'll see if he's made a full recovery. Hopefully he isn't rushing things.

Not going to the combine isn't a huge issue, especially given his injury and background.

I'd take him over Bogler any day, Bogler has zero physical presence and never will.

Well let's hope he doesn't injure himself again this week. Like HM, I'm concerned that he is returning too soon. I mean, I have him penciled in as a league player in 2013 and then a strong draft candidate after that. As it stands, Subiaco colts already have Jordan Bestry (Possible WA 18's 2013), Bryce Denysiuk (WA 16's 2011) and Aidan Ietto (6ft5/195cm) who is a likely, though raw, prospect from Esperance, as their current ruck combination. So it's already strong and as has been said, no chance of finals looming.

Medium Mids

Jacob Ballard
Northern Knights
186 cm
82 kg

Dominic Barry
North Ballarat Rebels
183 cm
78 kg

Andrew Boston
Broadbeach
180 cm
75 kg

Tim Broomhead
Port Adelaide
182 cm
73 kg

Matthew Crouch
North Ballarat Rebels
182 cm
72 kg

Luke Dunstan
Woodville West Torrens
184 cm
82 kg

Nick Graham
Gippsland Power
182 cm
76 kg

Lachie Hunter
Western Jets
181 cm
78 kg

Emmanual Irra
South Adelaide (SANFL)
179 cm
80 kg

Joshua Kelley
Sandringham Dragons
180 cm
69 kg

Jesse Lonergan
Launceston
183 cm
86 kg

Jack Martin
Claremont (WAFL)
185 cm
64 kg

Jonathon O'Rourke
Calder Cannons
183 cm
75 kg

Jimmy Toumpas
Woodville West Torrens (SANFL)
183 cm
77 kg

Dean Towers
North Ballarat Roosters
189 cm
83 kg

Lachie Whitfield
Dandenong Stingrays
184 cm
74 kg

Oliver Wines
Bendigo Pioneers
185 cm
83 kg

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/144594/default.aspx

State camp invitees found in the link. Some surprising names only getting state combine invites.

Yeah saw him in a couple of games last year, is an absolute jet. Will probably slip down the order due to injuries but will be an absolutel steal. Pace could be the worry, but if he gets his body right he has a real future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

State camp invitees found in the link. Some surprising names only getting state combine invites.

Sam Lowrie is probably the only one who could consider himself genuinely unlucky in my opinion.

Good to see Jacob Ballard in there. I think he is probably one of the better players, that nobody is talking about.

Sam Lowrie is probably the only one who could consider himself genuinely unlucky in my opinion.

I thought Lowrie and Kent were a bit stiff. I reckon Kyle Martin has been better than Towers at VFL level too but clubs do put a high value on leg speed

Good to see Jacob Ballard in there. I think he is probably one of the better players, that nobody is talking about.

I picked him up in the BF Trial Phantom for a lazy pick #102 ;) . VERY underrated in my opinion. Like you said barely rate a mention. Great hands inside, strong tackler and a he gives his all. I think he'll go around pick 50 onwards on the day.

This is the type of player Richmond needs, with Tucky getting old, we need another hard body coming through

This is the type of player Richmond needs, with Tucky getting old, we need another hard body coming through
Fair call Blaz, 'Gia' is the man. He's a good cyclist too, and was touted as the next lead out man for GreenEdge due to his serious power, so don't get your hopes up just yet

National Draft Combine

Small Forwards

Ben Kennedy, Chris DeLuca, Shannon Taylor, Jarrod Stokes

Small Midfielders

Will Hams, Nathan Hrovat, Jack Viney, Nathan Stark, Jed Anderson, Jake Neade

Small Defenders

Adam Saad, Tom Temay, Sam Colquhoun, Harley Montgomery, Adam Carter

Medium Forwards

Laine Wilkins, Dayle Garlett, Marvin Warrell, Josh Simpson,

Medium Midfielders

Jack Martin, Jacob Ballard, Matthew Crouch, Lachie Hunter, Nicholas Graham, Josh Kelly, Jonathon O'Rourke, Lachie Whitfield, Oliver Wines, Dean Towers, Dominic Barry, Andrew Boston, Tim Broomhead, Luke Dunstan, Emmanuel Irra, Jesse Lonergan, Jimmy Toumpas,

Medium Defenders

Kamdyn McIntosh, Sean Lynch, Harry Marsh, Jackson Ramsay

Tall Forwards

Jesse Hogan, Marco Paparone, Mason Shaw, Brant Colledge

Tall Defenders

Nick Rodda

Ruckmen

Myles Bolger, Cameron Symonds

State Screenings

Victoria

Anthony Bonaddio, Andrew Galucci, Sean Hetherington, Brady Jones, Sam Martyn, Mark Walsh, Harry O'Meara, Kenny Ong, Nick Rippon, Anthony Tipungwuti, Jordan Williams, Ajdin Elkasovic, Tom Gribble, Daniel Hachem, Jake Lloyd, Tony Lockyer, Tim McGenniss, Josh Newman, Billy Rolfe, Josh Saunders, Brandon Wood, Myke Cook, Leigh Kitchin, Kyle Martin, Jason Williams, Jaye Bowden, Mitch Crawford, Tom Fields, Blake Grewar, Brandon Jack, Brad Plug, Dylan Roos

South Australia

Todd McKay, Ben Rioli, Harrison Gill, Oliver Johnson, Jake Liston, Patrick Wilson

Western Australia

Brayden Antonio, Dylan Clarke, Shaq McKenzie, Shane Nelson, Tom Lee, Jack Byron-Prendergast, Max Duffy, Alex Howson, Riley Hutchinson, Dean Kent, Chris Yarran, Dale Hamilton, Tim Kelly, Sam Lowrie, Ben Saunders, Brendan Verrier, George Hampson

Add Jaksch and Ashby to the combine invitees.

Fair call Blaz, 'Gia' is the man. He's a good cyclist too, and was touted as the next lead out man for GreenEdge due to his serious power, so don't get your hopes up just yet

He's also the next Steve Hooker, minus the choking, and recently beat James Magnussen in a few laps of his local pool. That's not even bringing up that round of golf he played against Tiger Woods.

Chase Strange is small and vanilla, Bartlett doesn't stand out enough with the likes of Colledge and Kent running next to him.

Strange doesn't work hard enough, or use his abilities to there full potential.
He has geniune elite pace but rarely uses it, doesn't eat right and has a bad attitude misses weight sessions.
Is a waste of potential could be a top 20 draft pick, if he worked on the things the state academy has been on to
him to fix for the last two years.
Played in the colts GF for peel as a 15 year old and was one of peels best, hasn't done much since relys on talent alone.

There's no way strange would ever be a top 20 pick, he's quick but he's not close to elite pace wise.

I have his testing results as a 16 year old and as a 17 year old and there is a masiive difference between the two.
As i said he was one of the WA academys most highly rated 16 year old's, but through attitude and thinking he's gods gift has let it slide big time.
PM for his testing results HM.

Remove this Banner Ad

2012 AFL Draft Combine - News and Invitees

Remove this Banner Ad

Back