2012 Australian Open: Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah this was my big regret. I bought an RLA ticket without really thinking about it, but once I was there I wished I had gone for Hisense instead. Particularly in the first week, I agree you get far better tennis matches. Would rather see a good match between two less glamourous players than top seeds destroying their early opponents.
Yep, agreed, and this year I heard quite a few people who had RLA tickets who were disappointed. From a selfish standpoint I'm worried the cat is out of the bag and people will start to buy Hisense now and my great seats will be harder to get!! For some reason, it's like the forgotten venue, all the ‘big guns’ are on RLA, all the crowds and atmosphere is on MCA, but Hisense is a bit away from the heart of the venue.

Hisense all the way. :thumbsu:

Found this:

[YOUTUBE]BqOYjc-W-ow[/YOUTUBE]

Far out. It's a change, that's for sure. I shouldn't doubt that it turns out amazing, there's so much at stake, but man they'd want to get it right.

I heard one of the commentators on Fox Sports the other day (cant remember who) say the day after the mens final they are starting on MCA so this time next year the extra seats will be in. I know the full renovations wont be done till around 2015/16. But does anyone know when the roof will be on. I wasnt expecting Hawkeye this year i though that would have started once the roof was on.

Hisense would be packed if there was a ground pass entry, with the increase of crowds they have now compared to a few years ago , would be very hard to get a seat. It wasn't always packed a few years agow hen they did have ground passes unless it was a hot day or the roof was closed, then it was impossible to get in as I said before. Hisense is a better ticket than RLA for the first few days, 4 matches over 3 wins for me.

MCA probably won't be a ticketed venue, mainly because the fans would have nowhere to go but I imagine it will be first come first serve and people will park themselves there all day.

There is a few things wrong with that video, MCA just doesn't look like MCA at all, I really hope it doesn't lose its atmopshere. I wodner also if they are going to increase the capcaity of SC2 as well, they will need to. Also, that whole indoor complex would have a lot more people in it...

Yep, agreed, and this year I heard quite a few people who had RLA tickets who were disappointed.

We went on the Saturday last year and were disappointed. 3 straight sets wins. Much preferred the day before trawling the courts and seeing seed vs seed.

Day 8 Schedule (Singles)

Rod Laver Arena (Day)

Kvitova vs Ivanovic
Murray vs Kukushkin
Williams vs Makarova

Rod Laver Arena (Night)

Sharapova vs Lisicki
Djokovic vs Hewitt

Hisense Arena

Tsonga vs Nishikori (Not Before 12.30PM)
Ferrer vs Gasquet

Margaret Court Arena

Zheng vs Errani (Not Before 12.30PM)

The day I went I bought Hisense tickets and just wandered basically. I watched one set on the court late in the arvo to get a break from sitting in the sun all day. Unless you are going multiple days then surely that is the best way to do it. Ground pass is $34 with booking fee and I think the Hisense tickets on student concession set me back $50.50 with booking fee or something around that mark. $16 for heat/rain/sick of crowds insurance is well worth it.

Ferrer vs Gasquet will be quality. Hope they show it in full, although I bet we end up watching Williams destroy Makarova instead.

Disappointing result for Lopez v Nadal. The way he played at times, I really feel like he had the game to make that match more competitive than it ended up.

Hopfully Ivanovic can keep it close with Kvitova. Night session between Sharapova Vs Lisicki should be a good match. I have seen all of Sharapova's matches this year and she is looking really good. I only saw Lisicki play yesterday she was really poor in the first set but came good in the second and third. Williams continues her cakewalk draw so far. Murray will win in straights. I can see Ferrer Vs Gasquet going the distance. I think Tsonga will win in straights. And Zheng will beat Eranni. Cant see Hewitt getting more then 8 games against Djokovic.

Well thats my thoughts anyways.:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hamish McLachlan interviewing Nadal, asking ridiculous questions, thinking he's a tennis God and a pretty boy. Are you serious channel 7? This tournament will go into joke territory if 7 have their way.

And it makes me a little angry when I think that I saw Cirstea in 2008 and it's now 2012 and she hasn't improved. She literally hasn't. And Stosur lost to her. :eek: Cirstea on her day can be tough to beat, but man she is inconsistent and developing into a serious headcase.

I went to Cristea's game against Radwanska.

At every stoppage in the game she would go right up to and stand facing the wall at the back of the court. Even in between her serves. At one stage Radwanska took a toilet break and she stood there right up against the wall for the 5 minutes or so she was gone. Weird.

Hopfully Ivanovic can keep it close with Kvitova. Night session between Sharapova Vs Lisicki should be a good match. I have seen all of Sharapova's matches this year and she is looking really good. I only saw Lisicki play yesterday she was really poor in the first set but came good in the second and third. Williams continues her cakewalk draw so far. Murray will win in straights. I can see Ferrer Vs Gasquet going the distance. I think Tsonga will win in straights. And Zheng will beat Eranni. Cant see Hewitt getting more then 8 games against Djokovic.

Well thats my thoughts anyways.:p
I only saw Sharapova in her first round match against Dulko and she was absolutely unbelievable, just hitting all the lines without barely making a mistake. She is looking mighty impressive. I saw Lisicki against Peer and she is looking fitter than ever, and it's nice to see her confident and having fun. I love watching her play. I think Sharapova will win in 2, but I hope Lisicki pushes her.

As for Kvitova, I was there in her struggle against CSN. I thought she was gone in the 3rd set down 0-2 and game point, but she won a massive rally and it turned the momentum of the match. If she had gone down 3-0, with CSN in full confidence, crowd wanting an upset, I think there was no way back, but man she's got some guts and clawed her way back. If she goes on to win this tournament, that will have been the turning point. But Ivanovic has been playing surprisingly well this week and could pull off an upset.

Clijsters Vs Li Na next should be good.:thumbsu: Cant belive its a 4th round match up though. I love both players. Just leaning towards Clijsters though.

Berdych if you dare lost to Almagro on Hardcourt i will stop supporting you.:(

Sandy Roberts?????????????

I've obviously seen very little tennis on TV this week, but this is the first time I've seen him. I thought he wasn't part of the coverage this year.

Channel 7 you are unbelievable. :thumbsdown:

Sandy Roberts?????????????

I've obviously seen very little tennis on TV this week, but this is the first time I've seen him. I thought he wasn't part of the coverage this year.

Channel 7 you are unbelievable. :thumbsdown:

This is why i love watching the French and US Open. Its not on FTA at all. just Fox Sports who usally send a good team over there.:thumbsu:

This is why i love watching the French and US Open. Its not on FTA at all. just Fox Sports who usally send a good team over there.:thumbsu:

I really want to start getting more into the ATP this year. I have Fox so that's a bonus. Apart from the Grand Slams, what are the major tournaments that are shown on Fox / ESPN / Eurosport??

I really want to start getting more into the ATP this year. I have Fox so that's a bonus. Apart from the Grand Slams, what are the major tournaments that are shown on Fox / ESPN / Eurosport??

ESPN im pretty sure show all 500 events from either QF's or SF's i cant remember? Maybe some 250's? Not quite sure. Someone help me out.:p

ESPN also show all 1000 events from day 1. Fox will ocasionlly show a few semi finals live. They show Davis Cup live. And they always have replays of Semi's and finals.

Eurosports only show womens matches but they are usally pretty coverage the show quite a few tournments actually. Its well worth it.:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back