2012 Australian Open: Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit off topic here. But does anyone else hate how this year alot of the time with the night session they have been putting the mens matches first? I liked it when it was womens first then men.

Bit off topic here. But does anyone else hate how this year alot of the time with the night session they have been putting the mens matches first? I liked it when it was womens first then men.

Why on earth would you want the womens game first?

Clijsters' biggest strength, her movement, has been taken away from her. She can hardly move out to the backhand side.

Can't stand Li, and I have no doubt she will beat Wozniacki next round.

Only Petra or Vika can save this tournament from a womens perspective.

Some people actually like watching womens tennis you know? Yeah i like watching mens tennis more. But i like the womens matches first then if the men have a long match it goes late at night. Thats what its about staying up on hot nights watching great tennis matches. Now with the men playing first its pretty much got rid of it.

Clijsters' biggest strength, her movement, has been taken away from her. She can hardly move out to the backhand side.

Sharapova.:D:thumbsu: Although i like Li and Clijsters. So hopfully one of them 3 will win it.

What a choke!! :eek:

What a fight!!

Unbelievable!!! Go Kimmy!!!

Sharapova.:D:thumbsu: Although i like Li and Clijsters. So hopfully one of them 3 will win it.
True, Sharapova has looked superb and while I'm noy a fan, I have loved her passion here and she clearly has an incredible desire to win this tournament.

Oh and I agree with you about women's matches first. Should be that way, because I love nothing more than staying up past 12/1 to watch an epic mens match. It's what the AO is all about.

Holy shit this is crazy. Clijsters saving 3-4 match points and then winning the set. Amazing.

That drop shot on the last of Na's match points was one of the worst decisions and yet ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been a high quality match with heaps of drama. If Kim wins from here will surely go down as one of the best comebacks in recent memory on the womans tour.

oh Drummond I think you're one of the few people in Australia who likes young Vika:eek:

Imagine an interview between Azarenka and Hamish McLachlan. Would be rather unbareable.

Can't believe that chronic choke from Li Na. argh, that was not good.

It ruins the atmosphere for the women's match, because everybody leaves.

In some ways I kind of like it with the men's match first, because it means that if I have work the next day I can get to bed a bit earlier. But there is something special about staying up into the small hours in summer watching a gripping five-setter.

I imagine having the women on first is less of a scheduling headache as well, because it's easier to predict the start time of the second match. That is, there's less potential difference in finishing times between a two setter and a three setter than there is between a three setter and a five setter.

Go Kim!!!!!!! I hope this game is over by 6pm because we won't see the end of it due to the 'news'.

Love watching both these players - and it is great watching a womens match where neither player is grunting or squealing.

Go Kim!!!!!!! I hope this game is over by 6pm because we won't see the end of it due to the 'news'.

Love watching both these players - and it is great watching a womens match where neither player is grunting or squealing.

Wouldn't it be on 7two anyway? or don't you have 7two on your television?
Edit- Kim up a double break now anyway

Looks as if Li Na is still chocking. Errors galore, no composure. Thought it was all over for Kim when she did her ankle. Very happy to see it's not the case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back