Injury 2012 Carlton Injury List Update - Keep it all in here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2012 Carlton Injury List Update

Enough of the circular argument re accuracy of the injury list. Those that are annoyed by it have expressed their opinion, those that think it is no big deal have expressed their opinion. Now everybody is just repeating themselves and dragging the thread down.

^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS :thumbsu:

Anyone got any news on Walker - he is massive out and it appeared he was just having some tendon, muscle tightness - but he is way beyond that now ...

Didn't see him at the reserves either.

Jammo, Duigan all ran around ok - but Walker really makes our forward line that much better (Waite, Hammer Walker ...),

Sorry if this has been covered.

Walker was interviewed before last weeks game, and said he had some sort of tendonopathy involving his quad, which could get worse if he doesn't rest it i.e. become a tear. Said he'll be back into another 2-3 depending on how it responds. Read somewhere that Ellard has some for of knee injury.Not 100% sure. Hopefully both these guys will be back at the business end of the season.

:)

Walker was interviewed before last weeks game, and said he had some sort of tendonopathy involving his quad, which could get worse if he doesn't rest it i.e. become a tear. Said he'll be back into another 2-3 depending on how it responds. Read somewhere that Ellard has some for of knee injury.Not 100% sure. Hopefully both these guys will be back at the business end of the season.

:)

If walker had of played tonight we would have put on four more goals - he provides that much assistance - fitness, hardness, ability and hardness. They guy is one of our top three players.....thanks for the update Parrot, he is an important player, to me at least.

If walker had of played tonight we would have put on four more goals - he provides that much assistance - fitness, hardness, ability and hardness. They guy is one of our top three players.....thanks for the update Parrot, he is an important player, to me at least.
Do not Worry give him the rest he will force his way back.

Do not Worry give him the rest he will force his way back.

Of that I have no doubt, I am thinking that Ratten is playing cats and mice.

The whole Ajax theory of Total Football is sensational (the players automatically rotate themselves in the reserves to each others positions and players to get complete football coverage), I am thinking there is a lot of resting going on to ensure players are ready for finals - bring them in later to ensure their presence come september - I am sure there will be a LOT of rotations this year for resting etc, under the guise of injuries. I am thinking walker, who in my mind is easily one of our most important players come finals is being prepped for a massive season.

With Davies, Casboult, Mitchell and White out for at least two months, the GWS game might be a good one to bring in some kids to rest our stars.

This is an excellent idea.

Rotate the big fellas as well.

With Davies, Casboult, Mitchell and White out for at least two months, the GWS game might be a good one to bring in some kids to rest our stars.

Would prefer to rest them V Suns. GWS list and development way ahead of Suns, anyone want a wager on the spoon? They will be scary....soon, especially if they can sign a couple of gun talls for next year.

Suns game isn't until round 22.

Good timing if we want to give some of our players a breather to freshen them up for the finals.

Not Simpson who will keep running till he's 38 like Braddles. :thumbsu: :)

Want the likes of Kerr, Buckley, McCarthy, McInnes, Dale and Bootsma to get a taste of senior footy.

Good timing if we want to give some of our players a breather to freshen them up for the finals.

Touche, wasn't looking at draw, just cant believe the contempt so many have for GWS.They have talent all over the ground, just need a developed tall or 2, and get some games in to the kids. Suns have hardly improved, think some of their "mature" players have gone backwards.
Pretty sure the players will resist a rest, competition is just so fierce for spots. Going to be interesting to follow

Want the likes of Kerr, Buckley, McCarthy, McInnes, Dale and Bootsma to get a taste of senior footy.

That would be good wouldn't it?

Our top players don't lose momentum by taking time off at all.
Even a 2-3 week lay-off and they just pick-up exactly where they left off.

Couldn't have even considered that notion 2 years ago and now we insist on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have concerns about playing a whole heap of VFL players in the one match. Firstly, there is the issue of whether those players are up to the level of young Suns or Giants players who were taken at higher picks, and therefore whether the balance of our senior players can provide enough back up in case we suddenly lost in half a dozen positions on the ground. I subscribe to the theory that there is only ever a 3 player swap between the top and the bottom teams.

Secondly, the Suns and Giants will have structures in place whereas a whole heap of changes such as the ones mentioned, will definitely affect us in terms of structure, newcomers knowing their roles and senior players second guessing the reactions of those newcomers. Massive changes might be fraught with danger. Hawks nearly lost to the Suns by doing the same thing and we don't want to risk giving away four points. Switching around Lucas, Armfield, Russell type players in favour of a rookie every now and then works, but I'd be very careful how many of our top 5 players we choose to rest at the same time. We were ordinary in the preseason when missing a third of our best 22 or more.

These are the games where you rest players like Judd, murph if he needs it, Jamison, waite - players susceptible to injury/age. Giants match is in a couple of weeks at Etihad, I expect some players to be rested. Suns game is a golden opportunity as well. We've been dissatisfied with the way we've ended the season for the last couple of years, and Ill be damned if I want to see that again. Put the foot down, and keep it down this year lads.

Switching around Lucas, Armfield, Russell type players in favour of a rookie every now and then works, but I'd be very careful how many of our top 5 players we choose to rest at the same time.

Which was my point when we crossed swords last week over the selection of Bootsma.

Russell did acceptably given his limited game time but had absolutely no impact on the result. He was brought on far too late, well after the floodgates had opened.

Perhaps I wouldn't afford such a luxury against top-6 contenders. I maintain it's valuable to ween these kids into the system rather than fringe-18 player sit on the bench for 3 quarters.

Which was my point when we crossed swords last week over the selection of Bootsma.

Russell did acceptably given his limited game time but had absolutely no impact on the result. He was brought on far too late, well after the floodgates had opened.

Perhaps I wouldn't afford such a luxury against top-6 contenders. I maintain it's valuable to ween these kids into the system rather than fringe-18 player sit on the bench for 3 quarters.

True if you expect the players to be best 18 eventually. I agree that against all but the other best 4 teams, we can blood the youth.

We are so far ahead of the other teams, that it won't affect
Results and it is great to have guys coming
Into a winning team.

It is a lot easier to gain form and experience when you have an excellent best 18.

People were a little narrow minded saying we can't afford passengers. If these guys are half talented, they will do just fine in our team. So long as they chase and tackle hard I'm not concerned about how many touches they get.

We certainly should rotate all of the smalls when we can. The talls is harder, but maybe one every few weeks.

I am sure there is an elaborate rest plan in place.

Guys that can easily step in:

Ellard, AJ, Walker, Duigan, Collins, McLean, warnock

Guys that need to get some games into the
:
Watson, bootsma, rowe, Mitchell, Davies, McCarthy

That's some pretty exciting depth people. Very exciting. Think it'll be used.

I have concerns about playing a whole heap of VFL players in the one match. Firstly, there is the issue of whether those players are up to the level of young Suns or Giants players who were taken at higher picks, and therefore whether the balance of our senior players can provide enough back up in case we suddenly lost in half a dozen positions on the ground. I subscribe to the theory that there is only ever a 3 player swap between the top and the bottom teams.

Secondly, the Suns and Giants will have structures in place whereas a whole heap of changes such as the ones mentioned, will definitely affect us in terms of structure, newcomers knowing their roles and senior players second guessing the reactions of those newcomers. Massive changes might be fraught with danger. Hawks nearly lost to the Suns by doing the same thing and we don't want to risk giving away four points. Switching around Lucas, Armfield, Russell type players in favour of a rookie every now and then works, but I'd be very careful how many of our top 5 players we choose to rest at the same time. We were ordinary in the preseason when missing a third of our best 22 or more.
I agree ODN
too many changes spoils what you have built
You cannot throw in a too many new faces fwd back and in the mids
one of Ellard or Brock will stiffen the mids which is what they need and to stiffen it Ellard is the ONLY choice
Tex is a walk up as is Duigan
Ellard Tex Duigs are essential
jamo automatic

I agree ODN
too many changes spoils what you have built
You cannot throw in a too mant new faces fwd back and in the mids
one of Ellard or Brock will stiffen the mids which is what they need and to stiffen it Ellard is the ONLY choice
Tex is a walk up as is Duigan
Ellard Tex Duigs are essential
jamo automatic

I agree with this also. The rotation policy should be one, maybe two players at a time. No more unless injuries require.

Need to rest as many as we can, without risking wins. There is 24-48 games of possible rest. That is a luxury we couldnt afford previously.

True if you expect the players to be best 18 eventually. I agree that against all but the other best 4 teams, we can blood the youth.

We are so far ahead of the other teams, that it won't affect
Results and it is great to have guys coming
Into a winning team.

It is a lot easier to gain form and experience when you have an excellent best 18.

People were a little narrow minded saying we can't afford passengers. If these guys are half talented, they will do just fine in our team. So long as they chase and tackle hard I'm not concerned about how many touches they get.

We certainly should rotate all of the smalls when we can. The talls is harder, but maybe one every few weeks.

I am sure there is an elaborate rest plan in place.

Guys that can easily step in:

Ellard, AJ, Walker, Duigan, Collins, McLean, warnock

Guys that need to get some games into the
:
Watson, bootsma, rowe, Mitchell, Davies, McCarthy

That's some pretty exciting depth people. Very exciting. Think it'll be used.

This is what is happening - I dont know why this is even being debated , is it ?

Blues are putting into place what the cats, and to a degree the pies TRIED to do which is have a succession plan for every player on the ground, but we are also implemented the TOTAL FOOTBALL theory , where players can play anywhere - well - at least two to three positions. Clever shit.

Watson I think is a potential monster, he looks TINY on the park but is actually huge - we were revving him up on the boundary and he responds like a champ BUT gets excited. He is young - think he has massive potential if he can keep it in his pants.

Bootsma is super star - sorry - pure and simple this guy is a going to be special, I dropped the comment that he plays on and bounces like Skipper - and stand by that - looks like as well - yeeeeeeeeaaa.

Mitchel is of course what Brown was always meant to be - .......blues are deep.

It was round 2 and we have players who have been capable of holding down a spot in our 22, busting a gut to get back in. Putting in a couple of fringe players when you are playing a bottom side in order to rest a couple of stars, is completely different to overlooking deserving fringe players in round 2 when nobody should be tired, to give an undeserved game to a skinny first year player.

So you would drop Russell and I assume given the point you made above, would not have Bootsma be the sub, so another starting player would now have to sit on the pine for three quarters. Do you think they might be a bit miffed that someone who needs to stand out at the next level down first, would take their spot in the side? It is just a completely different scenario to resting Judd for a game midseason and bringing in a young player.

It was round 2 and we have players who have been capable of holding down a spot in our 22, busting a gut to get back in.

Coming back after a 5 day break due to scheduling, I might remind you. In reality the player would have only been used fleetingly as the sub anyway due to said conditioning and interstate travel.

In such a circumstance, it's not fair on a player to return to the team as the 22nd man. These 'gut busting' players such as Joseph, Collins and Mclean deserve our respect by giving them a full game in the 21.

So you would drop Russell and I assume given the point you made above, would not have Bootsma be the sub

No, I'm not saying that. A choice between an out of form JR given 19% game time, Bootsma in his first game or as above tokenism to promote Mclean as the sub - I'd back the kid every time. 25-40 minutes game time can mean a heap in terms of development for an eager young kid.

What I'm saying in the future is that we should pick our best 21 and then, astutely, use the sub as a vehicle for introducing our first and second year players.

Your biggest complaint about our youngsters is that by playing a teenager who isn't ready is denying a senior player knocking on the door such as Mclean or Collins. Such a player doesn't deserve to sit on the bench for 3 quarters for an opportunity. We saw last year how the strategy failed last year during Collins' only 2 matches for the year - sub one week, lacking match fitness the next then dumped.

Players knocking on the door deserve the respect of a full game and should replace the worst performed 20th or 21st player each week in a rotational scenario.

I have concerns about playing a whole heap of VFL players in the one match.
Switching around Lucas, Armfield, Russell type players in favour of a rookie every now and then works, but I'd be very careful how many of our top 5 players we choose to rest at the same time. We were ordinary in the preseason when missing a third of our best 22 or more.

There's no way known that we'd throw in more than one debutante in the one game, unless distater befalls us.
I think what TG was getting at was that it would be good if we were in a position to trial some of the kids at various times, but not all at the same time.

Having said that, our priority would be to keep the wins rolling and to rest our keys as required.

Clearly it will be the mids and the rucks that will be worked to be given the time-off.
Forwards and Back-men don't see quite as much action.

hmm choice between a first gamer or two of our best defenders against a top 4 side...guess which way i think the MC is going to go this week...

Players knocking on the door deserve a spot when its available. Russell is an experienced player who is not so much out of form as he is bereft of opportunities 2 games in. For all that, he'll make way for Jamo/Duigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back