2012 Draft - Selections: 10 (Daniher), 34, 51, 53, 73, 88, 101, 106 (Baguley)

Remove this Banner Ad

I enjoy Grant Thomas' Tweets, too.

come at me

125785006e16c35d26.jpg

Can I ask what the point of a Phantom draft is?

I also enjoy Grant Thomas (though I don't use twitter). Someone needs to give it to the AFL even if it is unreasonable at times. His insight into player management is also underestimated.

Can I ask what the point of a Phantom draft is?
The same point any of these sites have... navel gazing

I really don't get the 'One person doing a phantom draft' though. They (quite naturally) tend to end up as "oh, that guy we wanted was there... and look what the silly other club has done". The whole point is the multitude of agents, each looking for their best solution.

Alright my mock draft is complete (although I won't be posting it because my written expression and grammar is shithouse to be perfectly frank) however, it's turned out like this for those interested.

10. Daniher
Woooooooo
35. Atkins
Clever inside outside midfielder who I hope gets to us and who we are apparently very keen on.a
52. Haynes
It gets interesting from here. Haynes is a tall, athletic utility who still needs a bit of work but is absolute lightening with ball in hand. Could see him being a great winger for us.
55. Tipungwuti
Tiny back flanker from the tiwi islands (via gippy), absolutely incredibly evasiveness and agility and loves to take the game on whenever he can. Very duel sided which makes him very difficult to hem in. Has a bit of Leon Davis about him
75. Amato.
Shortish midfielder who just gets a lot of the ball and makes smart decisions. Can play inside or outside and just looks to be a very unassuming workhorse type.
93. Ethan Gill
Surprise time, Gill is a man mountain for a 17 year old (194cms, 100 kegs) and still growing. Has played primarily down back in the SANFL but has dabbled in the forward line and also done a sprinkling of back up ruck work as well.
Still pretty raw, but at that age and the frame he already has, he definitely has something to work with.
101. Tom Fields
19 year old son of Neville who I had as a rookie selection until steinberg got demoted to the rookie list. We already have him training with us so we obviously have interest and I think we'll nab him here.
106. Baugley
Rookie upgrade

Hi, the Bombers have been fairly secretive but I think it was probably a good idea to clear out some of the fringe players, it will force them to try some fresher talent now. Tom Fields is a maybe, not sure on Kommer. Rory Atkins and Jason Ashby are two names I've heard, apparently they are planning some sort of big surprise with their late pick but I don't know what!
-Emma Quayle​
DUSCHER!!!​

Colour me confused :S

The really surprising ones that spring to mind would be Tippett and gram, apart from fevalenko. But the first 2 would have to be through the pre season draft

ant555
Humble Minion
foj1 How do you guys rate Nick Graham?

Reading up on him and becoming a YouTube Draft Expert, the guy seems perfect, and a bargain, if he's available at #35.

Ball magnet with good skills, able to play inside and out, with decent (improving) defensive efforts.

What's the downside? Could he be as good as I'm reading?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ant555 Humble Minion foj1 How do you guys rate Nick Graham? Reading up on him and becoming a YouTube Draft Expert, the guy seems perfect, and a bargain, if he's available at #35. Ball magnet with good skills, able to play inside and out, with decent (improving) defensive efforts. What's the downside? Could he be as good as I'm reading?

I've seen a bit of him (being a Gippy lad), he's a great little player.

While he doesn't have a real standout attribute, he more than makes up for it with his work rate, especially in a contested situation. His defensive side is great and will lay tackles all day long.

For a player comparison, Luke Parker is probably perfect.

I wouldn't be expecting an absolute star if we picked him, more someone who could eventually be an upgrade on Howlett.

I'm not sure if he'll make it to our pick TBH but would be thrilled to take him if he did.

ant555
Humble Minion
foj1 How do you guys rate Nick Graham?

Reading up on him and becoming a YouTube Draft Expert, the guy seems perfect, and a bargain, if he's available at #35.

Ball magnet with good skills, able to play inside and out, with decent (improving) defensive efforts.

What's the downside? Could he be as good as I'm reading?

Please oh please!!! was coming on here just to talk bout this guy!!! was almost the clear best on ground in the TAC Gf. if we got him at 35 it would be a massive steal.. reckon he should be in the 15 to 25 range

I tells ya, He is re-drafting himself.

Just needed to make sure we actually have pick 79. That's the only place the magic can happen.

Haven't HIRD that yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

2012 Draft - Selections: 10 (Daniher), 34, 51, 53, 73, 88, 101, 106 (Baguley)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back