2012 Draft - Selections: 10 (Daniher), 34, 51, 53, 73, 88, 101, 106 (Baguley)

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't put it past the club to only draft one mature aged player this year, last year (IMO) the mature aged guys were purely for cover for the many unknowns on our list..

I'd hope we can have a better run with the injury gods that can see us not have to turn to our mature aged rookies all year round.

Mark Seaby is the interesting one, if Hillel retires, I can see us picking him up in the PSD, as we really do need that third string ruckmen that Hillel/Jenkins/Campbell (damn thos crows and dogs!!) should have been next season.

I really liked the look of Lewis Pierce in the couple of games I managed to see of the Stingrays. Good tap work, not afraid to get his hands dirty, strong mark and wasn't afraid to put it on the boot with ball in hand. Kicking style was good for a big fella also. I think I'd like Pierce before my second preference Darcy Fort who struggled in the game I saw of his late in the year.

I wouldn't put it past the club to only draft one mature aged player this year, last year (IMO) the mature aged guys were purely for cover for the many unknowns on our list..

I'd hope we can have a better run with the injury gods that can see us not have to turn to our mature aged rookies all year round.

Mark Seaby is the interesting one, if Hillel retires, I can see us picking him up in the PSD, as we really do need that third string ruckmen that Hillel/Jenkins/Campbell (damn thos crows and dogs!!) should have been next season.

I really liked the look of Lewis Pierce in the couple of games I managed to see of the Stingrays. Good tap work, not afraid to get his hands dirty, strong mark and wasn't afraid to put it on the boot with ball in hand. Kicking style was good for a big fella also. I think I'd like Pierce before my second preference Darcy Fort who struggled in the game I saw of his late in the year.

I probably get shot down her but is Campbell on the Dogs senior List or Rookie, just curious after Minson signed on?

can't fault you as always yoda, you've convinced me.
As a mock/ideal world scenario something like this looks pretty appealing

p.10 J.Daniher
p.32 R.Atkins (Could easily be a best available selection)
p.48 M.Wood
p.51 S.Lynch
p. 69 D.Fort

Rookies
Shinners/Freezer
Duscher/Martin
a draft age crumbing forward, lets not go crazy with the mature agers.
an x-factor pick, tipungwuti, coleman-broome, yarran, for cult hero sake.
what about our other FS kid? Can't remember his name... The one we want for the RL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most premiership teams have cult heroes.

Oh, you mean proper cult heroes?

Agreed. But these days it seems to mean players that will draw a long, unified vowel out of the crowd whenever they touch the ball for no reason whatsoever.

What makes Moose a cult hero is the fact that few people know him as Moose.

I'm pretty sure Pig Hibberd is a legit enough cult hero. Or if he isn't, he will be.

Oh, you mean proper cult heroes?

Agreed. But these days it seems to mean players that will draw a long, unified vowel out of the crowd whenever they touch the ball for no reason whatsoever.

What makes Moose a cult hero is the fact that few people know him as Moose.

I'm pretty sure Pig Hibberd is a legit enough cult hero. Or if he isn't, he will be.
Look no further than the Gumbletrain

Title might need an update.

According to AFL website our order is:

And could possibly change again by the time the trade period is over.

Which is why, personally, I think the end of trades is the time for this stuff, and the end of all the drafts is the time for Best 22 threads. But then I'm a grump.

Yeah, the rookie list was expanded to 6 while the expansion teams concessions are in place.
Actually, on further inspection of the list, Dell'Olio is listed as a senior due to his promotion. So in order to take Fields as a rookie we'd have to delist one of the current rookies, or promote (most likely bags or Dell) permanently.

I really hope we keep Dalgleish, I reckon he could be awesome. If one has to go I'd hope it'd be Bags, I think he will only ever be decent and that we have enough small defenders.

Actually, on further inspection of the list, Dell'Olio is listed as a senior due to his promotion. So in order to take Fields as a rookie we'd have to delist one of the current rookies, or promote (most likely bags or Dell) permanently.

I really hope we keep Dalgleish, I reckon he could be awesome. If one has to go I'd hope it'd be Bags, I think he will only ever be decent and that we have enough small defenders.

Dell is on the senior list?? I'd hope not!

I think we should only keep Hunter and Dalgleish on the rookie list, the others are expendable in my opinion

If we do upgrade anyone from the rookie list, I'm guessing it would be likely with pick 93? Or even 75?

We only had three live picks last year and used 77 to upgrade Crameri, so 75 could be the one actually.

Remove this Banner Ad

2012 Draft - Selections: 10 (Daniher), 34, 51, 53, 73, 88, 101, 106 (Baguley)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back