2012 draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF garlett is there at #32 and we dont take him - We are totally F****

Have to give youself the chance to get him right, TALENT LIKE DAYLE GARLETT DONT COME AROUND THAT OFTEN AT PICK #32 THE REWARD IS HUGE
As I said if we just had the 1 second rounder I wouldn't but with 3 and 2 that are practically the same pick you just have to have a crack. Wouldn't have a clue if we are keen either. My info wasn't from Richmond so keep fingers crossed everyone. :D

It sure is, I've seen Aidan play first hand. Will be a good player but will be super disappointed if we use pick 9 on him.

However, I was furious at Richmond for selecting Grimes a few years ago as I versed him, and played on him from under 9's all the way through to 17's and he was nothing back then, only thought he got picked up because of his name. Low and behold, I now love him and he is a star!

yeah i felt the same, i played with him from u 12s-17s at Hurstbridge, couldn't believe it, now he is one of my favourite players to watch at the club

2dfe0ecaf68a11e19ed5123138017d74_7.jpg

Pass

Interesting fact. Richo smoked. He also liked a drink down Brunswick Street and at the pub he owned.

Think these pictures surfacing on this site are very dramatic. None show him absolutely smashed at a party with girls hanging off him looking like he has had a slab and about to cause trouble. I sometimes wonder who leaks these picks to the number one fan site who most clubs come on.....

Look at kids the same age and what they are doing. We have to remember, these are kids. Unless I don't have the full information on Garlett, it would seem his leaving the AIS is what has caused this. Unlike Connors and Taylor who had some real massive issues, Garlett's was he cracked at the AIS, was kicked out. No one talks about his performances since.

Kids these days hey:

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/nati...-lose-it-in-bali/story-fndo471r-1226519103268

Interesting fact. Richo smoked. He also liked a drink down Brunswick Street and at the pub he owned.

Think these pictures surfacing on this site are very dramatic. None show him absolutely smashed at a party with girls hanging off him looking like he has had a slab and about to cause trouble. I sometimes wonder who leaks these picks to the number one fan site who most clubs come on.....

Look at kids the same age and what they are doing. We have to remember, these are kids. Unless I don't have the full information on Garlett, it would seem his leaving the AIS is what has caused this. Unlike Connors and Taylor who had some real massive issues, Garlett's was he cracked at the AIS, was kicked out. No one talks about his performances since.

Kids these days hey:

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/nati...-lose-it-in-bali/story-fndo471r-1226519103268

These are some more pics which you'd assume he openly puts out there .
url]http://web.stagram.com/n/daylegarlett/[/url]

Martin_Riewoldt, Was wondering who you would have as a better inside player out of Stringer and Vlastuin?
Was hoping we could get Stringer, If we manage him right, Top 3 talent for sure. If we take Stringer I think we have to take Pongracic at 32 for insurance of that inside ball winner. 34 could then be a outside player or a KPP. I think were building enough depth to have a crack at Stringer if aval.

My ideal draft would be:
9: Stringer/Macrae
32: Pongracic/Slider
34: Atkins/Pongracic
43: KPP?

Kids these days hey:

cmon bob

lets get real,

this guy is the latest in a long line of supremely talented youngsters that lack the professionalism to bring out the best in their talent.

This guy is a huge risk

Interesting fact. Richo smoked.

Yeah but Richo was picked up almost 20 years ago. Reality is you're not going to waste a draft pick on a player you know smokes. Maybe if he hid and was already at the club (I know a few current players enjoy a social) but you're spending a fortune developing these kids and more and more they need to be close to perfect

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Martin_Riewoldt, Was wondering who you would have as a better inside player out of Stringer and Vlastuin?
Was hoping we could get Stringer, If we manage him right, Top 3 talent for sure. If we take Stringer I think we have to take Pongracic at 32 for insurance of that inside ball winner. 34 could then be a outside player or a KPP. I think were building enough depth to have a crack at Stringer if aval.

My ideal draft would be:
9: Stringer/Macrae
32: Pongracic/Slider
34: Atkins/Pongracic
43: KPP?

In terms of inside game only, Vlastuin by quite a significant amount. He is excellent in the contested part of the game and more often than not will win the ball. The fact that Stringer can become a KPP is a huge advantage though. A KPP who can play middle is very rare.

Or is it the other way around?
His smoking/drinking cause the kicking out?

I'd be very interested to know how old those photos are.
Supposedly (according to his camp, so may or may not be true) he has sorted himself out recently, since being booted. Changed where he's living and a few other things. Anyone know?

Can someone please tell me why Josh Simpson cant turn out to be alot like Shaun Burgoyne. And why he is not considered to be a real option for us at Pick 9 ?

I don't think Richmond would be interested in Garlett. I imagine they're still a bit gun shy after Taylor.

Your more than likely right telsor. Although the pies did pick up Andy K. after his issues. Seems like clubs will probably go case by case as part of their due process and investigate thoroughly. At least I would guess/hope most would. At the end of the day with the amount of stories and info flying around the airwaves etc as well as what appears to be misinformation it becomes more important to have a well resourced recruiting dept so you can do your own research and formulate your own profile on junior players/potential draft picks. You only have to read through here to see how some posters have divided opinions and I would consider many to be better informed than the average. I mean when it comes to young men, how do you gauge risk ? and how you manage it ? Very difficult I'd suggest. Just one of the many challenges facing clubs.

Can someone please tell me why Josh Simpson cant turn out to be alot like Shaun Burgoyne. And why he is not considered to be a real option for us at Pick 9 ?
I like Simpson from what I've seen of him. Apparently he has a 1 year old child at home in Geraldton, which was only really communicated in the last few days via his management > AFL > clubs. Apparently a number of clubs are now re-interviewing him re: leaving/re-locating his family, and whether this throws any spanners in the works for clubs that may have been interested... fwiw :D

I like Simpson from what I've seen of him. Apparently he has a 1 year old child at home in Geraldton, which was only really communicated in the last few days via his management > AFL > clubs. Apparently a number of clubs are now re-interviewing him re: leaving/re-locating his family, and whether this throws any spanners in the works for clubs that may have been interested... fwiw :D
Yes please 2nd round. :p

After picking up Connors and Taylor who had there issues and we weren't able to rectify things with them, along with the careful minding of Dusty, the worst thing to do is pick up Gartlett IMO.

Also, I find it funny how most people scoffed at us picking up A.Edwards due to his misdemeanors however are all for picking up young Dayle.

Good luck to him and hopefully he turns it around but we are not in a position to wait for him to turn it around, we can play it much safer and we will play it much safer. Gone are the days of high risk, high reward picks. Look at the team who won the Grand Final this year, how many players have they recruited that are 'vanilla' and yet won the premiership? We are following the same path.

He'll have to re-locate wherever he goes. Geraldton ain't exactly a suburb of Perth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back