2012 draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant see us taking Gartlett if he does slide especially with question marks over Dusty's recent behaviour but if we did, it would be with pick 43 and in the spur of the moment pick I think.

My draft as of now:

#9:
Vlastuin/Lonergan/Grundy/Garner.*most likely Lonergan.

#31:
Atkins/Wright/Thurlow. *Thurlow my tip(assuming wright will be gone, if not wright).

#34:
Atkins/Pongracic/Banfield. *Atkins my tip.

#43:
Pongracic/Lowrie/Herbert/Mcguniness. *Pongracic if still on the board if not Lowrie.

how many mids do we want? 2 mids more than enough and we need x factor someone like spencer.

need a tall!

need grundy!

If we go 3 mids and a tall, that's bout right, midfield depth is what we are after....
If grundy is there at pic 9 we must take him and pics 32, 34 and 43 must all be on mids 'inside/outside mids'...
If grundy is gone then we take 3 mids first up and hope that Spencer White is still on the board at pic 43

What are these red flags? What have you heard?
Just some things to do with his professionalism and as I haven't witnessed them first hand I'm not going to post them on a forum. For all I know they could be inaccurate and it would be unfair to the kid to pot him completely. Probably already said too much but was just passing on what I've been told.

And no he didn't kill anyone or rob a convenience store. Even though TT's offences were worse it's also worth remembering he was also a total flunk in the end and a shitload of clubs stood clear in the end.

FWIW if we had one pick in the second round I'd pass but with 3 **** yeah I'd take him and back us to turn him around.

Edit: Should add I've also heard Lonergan could be available at 32. May just fall short though. :(

Just some things to do with his professionalism and as I haven't witnessed them first hand I'm not going to post them on a forum. For all I know they could be inaccurate and it would be unfair to the kid to pot him completely. Probably already said too much but was just passing on what I've been told.

And no he didn't kill anyone or rob a convenience store. Even though TT's offences were worse it's also worth remembering he was also a total flunk in the end and a shitload of clubs stood clear in the end.

FWIW if we had one pick in the second round I'd pass but with 3 **** yeah I'd take him and back us to turn him around.

Edit: Should add I've also heard Lonergan could be available at 32. May just fall short though. :(

Far out, if we get Menzel/Grundy/Macrae at 9, Lonergan at 32 and Garlett at 34 or 43...

I think I need a lie down

Far out, if we get Menzel/Grundy/Macrae at 9, Lonergan at 32 and Garlett at 34 or 43...

I think I need a lie down
I said could. But likely to fall just short at best. Then again you never know.

Garlett I don't think we'd be a club willing to take him. Interesting TB mentioned Emma saying Pies have gone cold on him. This isn't something that he's just all of a sudden done as far as I'm aware so I'd call bull on that. They're either interested or been bluffing. My source for the Lonergan thing is 99% certain Menzel won't be there at 9.

If Gartlett's still there at 32 we should jump on him - top 5 pick on talent alone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry everyone. Stuffed up a bit with the Garlett info. Info was that that particular club won't take him in the main draft at all. Not that no one will. But it is a fair chance he'll be available for us in the second round if we want him. Which is the doubtful part.

This stuff about Corr or Lonergan at 9, dear oh dear, if that happens we may as well shut the joint and go watch rugby league. Seriously if our recruiters pick Corr or Lonergan at 9 they have lost the plot with their software and cant see the forest from the trees.

you can go watch that toilet of a sport. ill stick to footy and the tiges.

Sorry everyone. Stuffed up a bit with the Garlett info. Info was that that particular club won't take him in the main draft at all. Not that no one will. But it is a fair chance he'll be available for us in the second round if we want him. Which is the doubtful part.

Thought as much. It was very different to the information I had heard.

I too doubt that we would take him, hence me not talking about him on here, but you won't find a better player than him at Pick 32. I have strong mail Collingwood will take him with a pick, if not St.Kilda will bite with one of theirs.

Either of these sides will get an absolute bargain. Still ranks high in the top ten on talent, and I don't think his problems are as concerning as some make out.

Strong clubs with good culture and belief in their culture will select this kid and will be looking at clubs and laughing.

I too doubt that we would take him, hence me not talking about him on here, but you won't find a better player than him at Pick 32. I have strong mail Collingwood will take him with a pick, if not St.Kilda will bite with one of theirs.

Either of these sides will get an absolute bargain. Still ranks high in the top ten on talent, and I don't think his problems are as concerning as some make out.

Strong clubs with good culture and belief in their culture will select this kid and will be looking at clubs and laughing.
Yer rang my mate up after to clarify as reading your post it was pretty obvious I couldn't be accurate. :p

Fun draft fact. Aidan Corr's brother used to be a Saints rookie and is now playing VFL for the Pies.
Cathal (pronounced Ca-hal) Corr... A good Irish man. Plays for Macleod in my local league, the Northern Footy League. An absolute star! Played a few games for Collingwood in the VFL this year and got named in the bests most times. A very handy player.

It's a moot point because there's no way in hell we will, but I wouldn't be all that unhappy if we took him at 9. He's a better version of Yarran who went at 6.

Cathal (pronounced Ca-hal) Corr... A good Irish man. Plays for Macleod in my local league, the Northern Footy League. An absolute star! Played a few games for Collingwood in the VFL this year and got named in the bests most times. A very handy player.
Yer that's Aidan's brother I'm led to believe.

Yer that's Aidan's brother I'm led to believe.
It sure is, I've seen Aidan play first hand. Will be a good player but will be super disappointed if we use pick 9 on him.

However, I was furious at Richmond for selecting Grimes a few years ago as I versed him, and played on him from under 9's all the way through to 17's and he was nothing back then, only thought he got picked up because of his name. Low and behold, I now love him and he is a star!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back