Competitions 2012 Dream Team and Supercoach questions here

Remove this Banner Ad

Warnock? Hunt? Hansen?

maaaate. Youre killin me here.

Rule number 1 of DT - Absolutely do not choose defensive defenders.

fwiw, ive got 4 premiums in defence, 4 in midfield, 5 up forward with $120k spare at the moment.

What about Ruck?

I don't know enough about the rookies?

What about Ruck?

I don't know enough about the rookies?

2 premiums in ruck.

I guess wait till the pre season games, it will give you a fair idea on rookie priced options that will look like playing games.

Is Pfeiffer a chance to play Round 1? Is he on the main or rookie list?

A chance mate.

He is currently on the Rookie list, but we have to promote 1 Rookie before the start of the year.

Would probably go in order of;

Pfeiffer > Jonas > Irons > Webb > Curnow regarding our Rookies

Hey guys, whats the current thoughts on Robbie Gray? How do you think he will spend his time, I'm thinking anything around or above 70/30 midfield/forward split is enough to translate to consistently high scores.

Also wondering how his body is holding up? He had some soft tissue concerns for a few seasons but seemed to be over them last year - any known issues this pre-season?

Cheers guys, happy to answer WC queries in return.

Hey guys, whats the current thoughts on Robbie Gray? How do you think he will spend his time, I'm thinking anything around or above 70/30 midfield/forward split is enough to translate to consistently high scores.

Also wondering how his body is holding up? He had some soft tissue concerns for a few seasons but seemed to be over them last year - any known issues this pre-season?

Cheers guys, happy to answer WC queries in return.

he hasn't had an injury so far, but I don't think he has the last few pre seasons.

I have had him the last few years and I reckon he's over rated, he may be better if our team is flying perhaps?

Gray's the only one in serious consideration for me. Still unsure though. Blee may get a run, depending on what kind of role he's given in NAB.

Might consider Redden if I only go with the one premium ruck (that is, if Giles and Orrenson impress in the NAB cup). Will leave me room for another premium in the forward line.

Hartlett and Boak may have good averages this year, but I'm not taking the risk. Plenty of other, safer midfielders to choose from.

Lads, how have Pearce, Schulz and Jacobs been going this preseason? I picked them up in a fantasy draft about a month ago.

Cheers.

Lads, how have Pearce, Schulz and Jacobs been going this preseason? I picked them up in a fantasy draft about a month ago.

Cheers.

Schulz, injury free nothing special no real news other than his "fight" with Jackson

Pearce, seems to have improved his tone, no real news

Jacobs, d a ankle injury what restricted him pre xmas but thats better compared to his glan fever interrupted one last year

Pearce has been training with the defensive group, looks to be moving to half back. How that will affect his performance and scoring remains to be seen, but he's looked good in the glimpses we've seen of him down back in previous years.

Pearce averaged 74 last year, which isn't too flash. But if his move to the backlines works well, he might be able to lift that about 10 or so ppg. But seeing as he's only listed as a MID, it's still not ideal.

Also, with Blee coming down with glandular fever, he might be looking good as a downgrade target later into the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G'day Port. Had A. Moore on my bench late last year (with little impact) and am debating wether to pick him or not. Can someone tell me why I should? What kind of player is he? How is the OP coming along?

Current backline: B.Goddard / B. Deledio / S. Gilbert / J. Grimes / B. Lake / A. Moore / M. Clarke / (Bench - T.Bugg/ S. Morris)

G'day Port. Had A. Moore on my bench late last year (with little impact) and am debating wether to pick him or not. Can someone tell me why I should? What kind of player is he? How is the OP coming along?

Current backline: B.Goddard / B. Deledio / S. Gilbert / J. Grimes / B. Lake / A. Moore / M. Clarke / (Bench - T.Bugg/ S. Morris)

Hard to tell you that.

One positive is he's not training with the defenders, which means he's being used in his more natural role of mid/HFF. It's up to him whether he improves enough to get a regular gig in the team. At the moment, I wouldn't say he's in our best 22, but we hope he will be by the end of this year. Maybe a good downgrade target later on.

Didn't Nathan Blee get mini-drafted to North Adelaide? At least that screws them over a bit... :)

Pearce averaged 74 last year, which isn't too flash. But if his move to the backlines works well, he might be able to lift that about 10 or so ppg. But seeing as he's only listed as a MID, it's still not ideal.

In 2010 against North Melbourne - I think Choco's second to last game as coach - Pearce played off the half back and I remember him picking up a lot of touches and probably being our best. I looked it up and he got 112DT and 138SC that day.

I think he could average 80-90DT off the half back this year and if given DEF eligibility would be a real option in 2013 - but that's a long way away.

It certainly will be an interesting move.

My thoughts !!
Consider at your own peril ... ;) !

Brad Ebert: In my team = a player who has come over and is very well priced after a 'reasonable' season last year. I believe he will want to prove something and from all accounts he is ripping up the training track.

Jason McCarthy: In my team = i'm still thinking whether I should have both Ebert and Macca in my team however they are in similar situations where I believe McCarthy will get good game time through the middle and hopefully rack up the points.

You'd be safe to say that these guys 'will' increase in value, just by how much is the question.

Darren Pfeiffer: Considering = very cheap and if he has a good NAB cup and looks like being brought up from the rookie list then look at getting him onboard. Just not sure he will make the cut over the first say 5 matches.
Others may get their chance ahead of him first.

John Butcher: Not yet for me = I LOVE the guy :p and so hope he can continue with his late season form of last year. Potential, potential, potential. He will be guarded well now with teams seeing what he is capable of.

Boak, Hartlett, Cassisi and Gray are your safe bets if you want scores consistently ranging in the 80's and upwards but come at a higher cost of course.

Ah Chee could be a real roughie that shows some good skills in the NAB cup. Just have a feeling to watch out for him.

Good Luck and 'Bring it On'..... :thumbsu::thumbsu:

My thoughts !!
Consider at your own peril ... ;) !

Brad Ebert: In my team = a player who has come over and is very well priced after a 'reasonable' season last year. I believe he will want to prove something and from all accounts he is ripping up the training track.

Jason McCarthy: In my team = i'm still thinking whether I should have both Ebert and Macca in my team however they are in similar situations where I believe McCarthy will get good game time through the middle and hopefully rack up the points.

You'd be safe to say that these guys 'will' increase in value, just by how much is the question.

Darren Pfeiffer: Considering = very cheap and if he has a good NAB cup and looks like being brought up from the rookie list then look at getting him onboard. Just not sure he will make the cut over the first say 5 matches.
Others may get their chance ahead of him first.

John Butcher: Not yet for me = I LOVE the guy :p and so hope he can continue with his late season form of last year. Potential, potential, potential. He will be guarded well now with teams seeing what he is capable of.

Boak, Hartlett, Cassisi and Gray are your safe bets if you want scores consistently ranging in the 80's and upwards but come at a higher cost of course.

Ah Chee could be a real roughie that shows some good skills in the NAB cup. Just have a feeling to watch out for him.

Good Luck and 'Bring it On'..... :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Got to say I agree with what you say here 1870.

I have McCarthy in my side and Pfieffer on the bench at the moment. Hopefully Pfieffer gets the upgrade as I think he will prove to be value for money for a guy on the bench and hopefully a good point scorer too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions 2012 Dream Team and Supercoach questions here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back