2012 Membership Tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its quite embarrassing really that the blues have played finals 3 years in a row and have lower membership numbers than the RFC. Not to mention revenue..

Membership Revenue:
Richmond - $11,992,714
Hawthorn - $11,705,117
Carlton - $11,617,793
Essendon - $10,363,690

The reason why we are so low in revenue is because of the Tasmania deal. Due to the fact our members get less home games with a reserved seat, our prices are lower. If/once the Tasmania deal gets canned, then we obviously lose a few thousand members in Tasmania. But that being said, our membership prices will increase, and so will the revenue of course.

But I mean, seriously guys, does it really matter. I don't think it's unreasonable to say Collingwood, Geelong, Essendon, Hawthorn, Richmond & Carlton are all big clubs. There is no one club out of those 6 bigger than the other these days, besides Collingwood of course.

Lets just drop it and not argue about the same shit every ****ing day for the next 10 years.

Two things:

1) FTF money is not included in the RFC membership numbers. That being said, Gale made it clear if its a choice between buying/upgrading a membership and donating to the FTF, he'd rather have the membership. Club also targeted many members to upgrade last year (I was one that agreed), and they are doing it again in this years campaign.

As such, while the FTF money is not included, the actual FTF campaign is having an effect on increasing the dollars spent per membership.

2) Hawk bashing on this topic is stupid. Tiger fans went ape shit when we sold 2 games a year to Darwin and Cairns. How do you think Hawk fans feel about 4? Part of the sales pitch to get the members on board is their memberships are more cost competitive, but this is being underwritten by the massie Tassie Govt sponsorship they get.

To compare apples with apples, you really need to cut back the Tassie sponsorship to something in line with normal sponsorships, and assign the surplus funds to what would normally be gate revenue and membership.

In respect to finals tickets, do other clubs preference those members who have been financial supporters of the club for > 10 consecutive years? We do. Not that it's been a huge bonus in a while! :D

I like this idea - I recall reading on BF how some long term geelong members had missed out on GF tickets on two occasions - repays loyalty doesn't it.

As for hawks revenue, posters choose not to understand so I don't know why hawk posters continue to try and explain.

2) Hawk bashing on this topic is stupid. Tiger fans went ape shit when we sold 2 games a year to Darwin and Cairns. How do you think Hawk fans feel about 4? Part of the sales pitch to get the members on board is their memberships are more cost competitive, but this is being underwritten by the massie Tassie Govt sponsorship they get.

Agreed. I'd guesstimate that the Hawthorn/ Tasmania deal has been the most mutually successful commercial partnership our sport has seen.

Huge benefits to Tassie (I was quizzed by a researcher when I last flew out and when asked questions like "what was yourprincipal reason for visting", "how much did you spend") you start to see it's a massive boon that encourages not only Hawthorn fans to support the sponsor, but football fans generally - now that's a rewarding association...

Whereas a bloke I know changed his Lexus over ever 2 years for yonks, then when they became associated with Collingwood flatly refused. Lexus offered to buy his family memberships etc, but nup. An isolated incident, probably, but I'm not sure I'd rush to buy a Ford because they sponsor Geelong. I do however go to Tassie because they sponsor the Hawks and so if my team is playing there I'm onboard.

And, Barnbougle is good fun too...

In respect to finals tickets, do other clubs preference those members who have been financial supporters of the club for > 10 consecutive years? We do. Not that it's been a huge bonus in a while! :D

North has its premiership pledge thingy.

What we should have learned about Richmond in this thread:

We sold more memberships in 2011 than Carlton.

Even though we sold less memberships in 2011 than Essendon and Hawthorn, our membership revenue was higher.

If we made the 8 like Essendon we would have passed 50,000 with ease and been on the way to 60k.

It has been said before, but ill say it again, if this club sees some success in the coming years membership will explode!

It has been said before, but ill say it again, if this club sees some success in the coming years membership will explode!

And that's why I like the arrangement UpTheGuts says your club has in place to protect those who are in it for the long haul and not just the glory years.

I still take exception to the term 'quality' being used, though maybe the hawks are doing it wrong? Perhaps next year the print the cost of the membership on the scarves instead of te number of consecutive years :thumbsu:

OK, I see that quality may not have been the best term and that it could have been (incorrectly) inferred that I was suggesting Hawthorn members were in some way lesser people. I only used it because "Quality vs Quantity" is a fairly regular term to illustrate the point I was trying to make.

In fact, I think the more important factor in this context (as someone mentioned - sorry for not referencing that poster by name) is the 'profit' per member, but as I don't think any club really spells this out, it'd be impossible to discuss in any realitic sense.

leIn respect to finals tickets, do other clubs preference those members who have been financial supporters of the club for > 10 consecutive years? We do. Not that it's been a huge bonus in a while! :D

Dogs guarantee a GF ticket to Coterie and Social Club members, with the remainder (if any) subject to ballot.

Not that it's been a requirement.

So in summary, Richmond are king. Firstly, this is due to having the highest membership revenue through selling expensive memberships. The aim of memberships is purely to raise revenue so clubs with higher numbers in regards to small revenue (like hawthorn) are simply engaging in deceptive and insecure marketing to boost numbers, and decieve the public.

Secondly, clubs like Hawthorn and Collingwood are at the peak of their performance cycles unlike Richmond and as a result we have room to grow and they don't while maintaining the highest revenue!!!!

Thirdly, our attendances consistantly outdraw Hawthorns and the big 4 remains in the top 4 of attendances being Collingwood, Carlton, Richmond, and Essendon.

Fourthly, We have debatably the best CEO in the league in Gale, have Hardwick (the best young coach in the league), and an exciting young list headlined by the best young partnerships in the game being Vickery and Riewoldt in addition to Cotchin and Martin.

P.S. At this current point in time Richmonds facilities are also the best!!! 32mill just upgraded baby. The tigers are rising and so are our memberships!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously SG why must you post that rubbish in here? It's actually quite embarrassing that as a fellow Tiger supporter you need to engage in these dick measuring contests, just be humble in the fact that for once in a very long time out future is looking bright.

Seriously SG why must you post that rubbish in here? It's actually quite embarrassing that as a fellow Tiger supporter you need to engage in these dick measuring contests, just be humble in the fact that for once in a very long time out future is looking bright.

Thank you. I have wanted this shit to end for a long time. I have said it before, Richmond, Hawthorn, Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton & Geelong are all big clubs in their own right. It doesn't matter if one has a few thousand more members, or a few more $.

SG and smasha just keep on going though. They never stop. I have called a truce from my end a long time ago about this. No more. It just ruins everyones enjoyment of BigFooty, and derails threads. Lets just all stop the dick-measuring thing.

So in summary, Richmond are king. Firstly, this is due to having the highest membership revenue through selling expensive memberships. The aim of memberships is purely to raise revenue so clubs with higher numbers in regards to small revenue (like hawthorn) are simply engaging in deceptive and insecure marketing to boost numbers, and decieve the public.

Secondly, clubs like Hawthorn and Collingwood are at the peak of their performance cycles unlike Richmond and as a result we have room to grow and they don't while maintaining the highest revenue!!!!

Thirdly, our attendances consistantly outdraw Hawthorns and the big 4 remains in the top 4 of attendances being Collingwood, Carlton, Richmond, and Essendon.

Fourthly, We have debatably the best CEO in the league in Gale, have Hardwick (the best young coach in the league), and an exciting young list headlined by the best young partnerships in the game being Vickery and Riewoldt in addition to Cotchin and Martin.

P.S. At this current point in time Richmonds facilities are also the best!!! 32mill just upgraded baby. The tigers are rising and so are our memberships!

Please stop, this crap is embaressing to all realistic Richmond supporters and gives us all a bad name.

Unless of course, that is you're aim and you're just another out of season troll with a fake ID (which may be more likely as I only ever see you posting over the top garbage like this).

Thank you. I have wanted this shit to end for a long time. I have said it before, Richmond, Hawthorn, Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton & Geelong are all big clubs in their own right. It doesn't matter if one has a few thousand more members, or a few more $.

SG and smasha just keep on going though. They never stop. I have called a truce from my end a long time ago about this. No more. It just ruins everyones enjoyment of BigFooty, and derails threads. Lets just all stop the dick-measuring thing.

Speaking as someone who has given you a serve about some of your posts in the past, well said. :thumbsu:

It's just embarrassing that the same handful of supporters fill thread after thread up with the same rubbish and give us other supporters a bad name because a select few are to insecure and have to belittle other clubs.

I don't think any opposition supporters have disputed the fact that we are a big club, and if we ever get a sniff of success thousands of supporters will come out of the woodwork but why the need to constantly remind people? It's just embarrassing and childish.

I haven't said much this year.

Good to see most supporters aren't like Sleeping Giant.

Honestly, as a Hawthorn supporter I don't even worry or care too much about other teams membership numbers or revenue, I just hope that my team grows and increases their membership base and I'm proud to see where we have come (I was a shattered young 8 year old when I thought it was inevitable that we would fold or merge back in 1996, I would cry most nights near the end of the season haha).

However, I am happy to see the struggling clubs increase their members and also am very impressed with Collingwood's numbers.

What annoys me about certain supporters of teams whether its Richmond, Collingwood, Hawthorn or any other team is some posters on here act jealous and threatened by another teams number or their revenue, why?

The dick measuring really has to stop, also why are supporters actually supporters of their club? Surely it isn't because of the amount of members the team has or the amount of money it has, it's about the love for that team as you grew up and the loyalty.

Yes we all want our teams to be financially viable and successful, but it's the on field stuff that makes me a supporter and love my team. I want them to win but I also stand by them when they lose, so let's all hope our clubs increase their members from last year and enjoy 2012, seriously I can't wait, AFL is the greatest sport in the world :)

Is this the thread I find the 2012 Membership Tally?

No, this is the North Vs Everyone or the Hawks Vs Richmond thread... I forget which.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back