2012 Player X v Player Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Player X v Player Y

Yeh no team is gonna pick a captain that the team isnt confident of being on the park enough. For me it is Duffield vs Grimes. One extremely durable and one not so. Both have similar upside by looking out previous year, maybe Grimes has a little higher potentially.

I have both, although that may change. Duffield's 2011 form was... puzzling.

Both have tough starts to the season. Im confident in Grimes.

From memory Grimes did a preseason last year? thus everyone picked him. He unfortunately picked up an unlucky injury which can happen to anyone. It wasn't back/hamstring related which have been his past problems, they are more reoccurring whilst it would suggest that a navicular break can also be reoccurring however with him getting through a full preseason it means that he is put it through enough to suggest it is unlikely to reoccur.

True. My point was more that his pre-season, which is important for a player to come back from injury, was solid. If his pre-season was iffy I wouldn't pick him. The issue with injury is that it can happen to anyone. However with a good pre-season and a solid run with injuries, one can turn the corner. Cotchin is an example of this and I think Grimes will turn it around.

@ CrozaN, as for break evens, if he's a keeper it doesn't matter. Lets say he averages 95, that's acceptable for his price. Prices shouldn't be a concern given his price will generally rise anyway. I had the impression though that break evens don't flow from season to season anyway, and that Grime's breakeven will be around his last season's average. I could be wrong though. All in all though, I don't care about the break evens of the players I pick for keepers. They're not being traded so their price doesn't matter, and as long as they bump as much as I want them to bump and they play regularly, I'm happy. Another benefit of Grimes is that there aren't that many good Geelong/Sydney/Essendon/Collingwood defenders out there. There's Duffield/Broughton/Shaw/Heppell, but I'm picking Duffield over Broughton, I generally don't pick second year players and I like Suckling better than Shaw.

Essentially, the players' prices you should be concerned about is mainly rookies, and some mid-pricers. If for instance Marc Murphy drops 50-100k but is still scoring well, it shouldn't matter that much.

What are you smoking these days?

I want some

Someone else posted it in another thread awhile back....found it quite amusing. Food for thought i guess encase people wait to see how Grimes performs and then pick him up after round 3.

@Richo83. Not saying it matters at all, as i said, i just find it quite funny its that high for his price.

Someone else posted it in another thread awhile back....found it quite amusing. Food for thought i guess encase people wait to see how Grimes performs and then pick him up after round 3.

@Richo83. Not saying it matters at all, as i said, i just find it quite funny its that high for his price.

That doesn't make any sense, no one has a BE at this stage, no one has played a game, prices change after 3 games.

Perhaps that BE is taking in to account his previous year's score, which won't be included.

That doesn't make any sense, no one has a BE at this stage, no one has played a game, prices change after 3 games.

Perhaps that BE is taking in to account his previous year's score, which won't be included.

Im just going off what someone else posted in a previous thread. I don't know if its true or not though.

That's my bad, saw them updated on footywire, thought it would've meant something, no idea how the year starts in terms of break evens and price changes

That's my bad, saw them updated on footywire, thought it would've meant something, no idea how the year starts in terms of break evens and price changes

Yeah, all good - i know there were some changes made to the pricing this year, but you'll still need to play 3 games to have a price change.

As an aside - A players price changes based on a rolling 3 game average - if a player is going to have a dud game you need to hope it's their first game as this will only affect 1 price change, does that make sense?

Crozan, you do know how price changes, breakevens and TPP all work now dont you?

Even if Grimes BE is 150 which is because he scored 6 points in his last game, which wont be factored in. You would be silly to think that and silly not to think that somelike Swans would be about 250 if that were the case.

Crozan, you do know how price changes, breakevens and TPP all work now dont you?

Even if Grimes BE is 150 which is because he scored 6 points in his last game, which wont be factored in. You would be silly to think that and silly not to think that somelike Swans would be about 250 if that were the case.

I honestly couldn't give a rats ass about BE's. I just saw that someone mentioned his BE was 150 and thought it was amusing, that's all.

And yes i do know how the price changes/BE's and TPP work ;).

gram vs lids vs newmen

Isn't it an easy choice? Lids hands down over the other 2.

When people are asking to pick this player or that player they really need to post their entire teams or entire positions especially when discussing premiums.

example: lets say you have Newman, Goddard, Deledio and birchall

but we dont know that and your asking Suckling or Adcock? Id say Adcock purely becasue you have to many in the R13 bye for the backs that will miss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When people are asking to pick this player or that player they really need to post their entire teams or entire positions especially when discussing premiums.

example: lets say you have Newman, Goddard, Deledio and birchall

but we dont know that and your asking Suckling or Adcock? Id say Adcock purely becasue you have to many in the R13 bye for the backs that will miss.

Very good point.

I guess the threads purpose is "Who will score more", as a opposed to "Who will better suit my team".

On the same site Swans' is 155, Grimes' is 152. I only posted that up in the first place because when i checked footywire a month ago the BE's were still last years, but when i checked a few days ago they had updated to this years prices etc. so i thought the price changes in the first few rounds may've taken that into account.

But, it's a moot point, as nameless said it doesn't matter.

As for Rylix, i'd go:

-Selwood (purely for the money factor, and especially if you already have pendles..can't justify almost an extra 60k for swan over jelwood)

-Goddard (pretty much an age thing, here)

-Suckling (higher ceiling, more upside imo, but can pull out a dog of a game-birchall is more consistent)

Does anyone see any value in Jason Gram. Has accumulated cheap ball in the past and had some injuries. Tough to fit in with the bye situation so I guess I am thinking

Grimes and Birchall

V

Gram and Shaw

Definately the second option. While he has broken many peoples hearts in the past, I would go for Shaw and Gram over Birchall.

Of the 2 Richmond rookies,

Ellis or Morris (I think it's too risky to go with Deledio, Ellis and Morris)

Edit: Personally I don't trust Grimes to score well enough this year.

Definately the second option. While he has broken many peoples hearts in the past, I would go for Shaw and Gram over Birchall.

Of the 2 Richmond rookies,

Ellis or Morris (I think it's too risky to go with Deledio, Ellis and Morris)

Edit: Personally I don't trust Grimes to score well enough this year.

Interesting. Originally took out Gram because Goddard was such a lock but it doesn't really matter if they share the same bye anyway so figured I could take Birchall out instead and look at Shaw from a different bye round.

Yeah I thought the same thing with Ellis and Morris and will monitor the situation in the next 2 NAB games.

I am leaning towards Ellis at the moment, But that is based on the 2 shortened halves rather than any in depth knowledge of the tigers squad

Fair point, I handn't considered the byes into the equation. So far I have put my team together without thinking about the byes.

That will most definately destroy me later on but at this stage...too hard basket for me.

I reckon Gram would go down as one of the most interesting and considered DT players ever. Without being a massive name hes always on the radar every year.

So you rate him or don't rate him a chance of being a decent low end keeper.

He tends to drift in and out of games and has games racking up huge uninfluential numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back