2012 Predictions Pt.II

Remove this Banner Ad

Care to explain is to why the Bulldogs are in the 8, and the hawks are not? Hawthorn list is country miles ahead of the Swans Dogs WC Fremantle Carlton and St Kilda. Good luck with your top 8 though. :thumbsu:

Ooops! My error....forgot them...its hot here in Bangkok:confused:

1. West Coast
2. Carlton
3. Collingwood
4. Hawks
5. Geelong
6. Freo
7. Saints
8. Dogs

Hawthorn
Geelong
Collingwood
West Coast
Carlton
Fremantle
Essendon
Sydney

North Melbourne
Richmond
Brisbane
Melbourne
Adelaide
St Kilda
Bulldogs
Gold Coast
GWS
Port

Grand Final: Hawthorn vs Collingwood, probably Hawks
Coleman: Franklin
Brownlow: Pendles

8th - 15th is bloody hard.

1. Collingwood
2. Hawthorn
3. Carlton
4. Geelong
5. West Coast
6. Sydney
7. North Melbourne
8. Fremantle
--------------------
9. St Kilda
10. Essendon
11. Melbourne
12. Richmond
13. Brisbane
14. Adelaide
15. Western Bulldogs
16. Gold Coast
17. Port Adelaide
18. GWS

Premiers: Collingwood
Runners Up: Hawthorn
Upset: Carlton to lose both finals, leading to Ratten being replaced by Roos or Malthouse.
Brownlow: Marc Murphy
Coleman: Lance Franklin
First Coach sacked: Matthew Primus

1-3
Collingwood
Could drop a few more games while adjusting to a tweaked game plan, but Buckley would have to be a complete idiot to stuff up a team that’s been Minor Premiers and in the GF for the last 2 seasons (he’s not, although the fact that Eddie appointed him gives us all hope – remember channel 9 anyone?).

Hawthorn
Can’t see any reason for them to be worse than last year.

Carlton
Only just missed top 4 in 2011 with plenty of injury problems throughout the season, if they can stay fit destined for the final 4. Unsure if Ratten has the tactical nous to land them the ultimate prize (but not writing him off either).

4-5
Freemantle
Two horror years of injury has cruelled a team that at times plays fantastic football. A new coach who knows how to play in Melbourne and get to finals is a big plus. Draw is pretty kind too.

West Coast
Share a daunting a home ground advantage with Freo, so practically start the season on 12 wins. Good list, but a tougher draw and no dream run with injuries will see them finish slightly lower.

6-7
North Melbourne
Older players seemed to carry the team to their victories last year, but I can see some quality in their youth. If the youth stands up and adds some consistency, the combination could well make them the best of the rest in 2012. A kind draw doesn’t hurt either.

Essendon
A decent list and plenty of quality youth coming through. Might slip a little lower due to a tough draw. Can’t help but think Knights did the heavy lifting for this club and got knifed for it.

8-12
St Kilda
Big question mark here. Will they get a new lease of life from the changed coaching panel? Despite a list that’s still pretty good and coming home with a wet sail last year I’m tipping no. Lyon’s game plan required the ultimate cohesion of his team to get the best out of them, and I can’t see a novice coach trying to put his stamp on the game plan and team replicating that.

Sydney
Always thereabouts. Goods wins 2-3 clear games a year off his inspiration and output, and at 32 this may now be just getting beyond him. They always surprise though.

Geelong
Ottens, Ling, Mooney, Milburn, Blake gone. Scarlett , Wojcinski, J-Pod, Enright, Chapman, Corey all 30+ this year. I suspect the passion will have dimmed and the 30+ players that remain will find it a lot harder to keep going. May prove me wrong, but the drop will come either this year or the next.

Richmond
Probably a little harsh. Have us winning 10 ½ games this year.

12-15
Melbourne
Hangover from the off field turmoil of a change in coach and losing Scully. Likely to bounce back quickly, and probably be better off in the long term with 3 first round draft picks in 2012.

Brisbane
Decent but not great youth brigade will not be able to lend enough support a returning 30 year old Brown. Black would be on long odds to return anywhere near his best. Will suffer from key young players having walked out on the club for at least another year or two.

Adelaide
Home ground advantage keeps them above the Doggies – just.

Western Bulldogs
A harsh assessment to be sure. Too many players in the 30+ bracket. No Hall. Last season was the start of a serious decline, and losing Ward puts them back even further.

16-17
Gold Coast
Still too young and inexperienced across the board. Also, will not want to win more than 4 ½ games for the season.

Port Adelaide
Cannot see where the improvement will come from this season.

GWS Giants
The safest bet you could make this year. The odds are below the value of a 6 month term deposit for a reason.

1. West Coast
2. Carlton
3. Collingwood
4. St Kilda
5. Geelong
6. Fremantle
7. Dogs
8. Sydney

Premiers: West Coast
Runners up: Carlton
Brownlow: Marc Murphy

Great call mate with West Coast as premiers. Will be great if we go all the way with few injuries and a fully fit Koby Stevens. Would love my boys make the one day in September :thumbsu:

1-3
Collingwood
Could drop a few more games while adjusting to a tweaked game plan, but Buckley would have to be a complete idiot to stuff up a team that’s been Minor Premiers and in the GF for the last 2 seasons (he’s not, although the fact that Eddie appointed him gives us all hope – remember channel 9 anyone?).

Hawthorn
Can’t see any reason for them to be worse than last year.

Carlton
Only just missed top 4 in 2011 with plenty of injury problems throughout the season, if they can stay fit destined for the final 4. Unsure if Ratten has the tactical nous to land them the ultimate prize (but not writing him off either).

4-5
Freemantle
Two horror years of injury has cruelled a team that at times plays fantastic football. A new coach who knows how to play in Melbourne and get to finals is a big plus. Draw is pretty kind too.

West Coast
Share a daunting a home ground advantage with Freo, so practically start the season on 12 wins. Good list, but a tougher draw and no dream run with injuries will see them finish slightly lower.

6-7
North Melbourne
Older players seemed to carry the team to their victories last year, but I can see some quality in their youth. If the youth stands up and adds some consistency, the combination could well make them the best of the rest in 2012. A kind draw doesn’t hurt either.

Essendon
A decent list and plenty of quality youth coming through. Might slip a little lower due to a tough draw. Can’t help but think Knights did the heavy lifting for this club and got knifed for it.

8-12
St Kilda
Big question mark here. Will they get a new lease of life from the changed coaching panel? Despite a list that’s still pretty good and coming home with a wet sail last year I’m tipping no. Lyon’s game plan required the ultimate cohesion of his team to get the best out of them, and I can’t see a novice coach trying to put his stamp on the game plan and team replicating that.

Sydney
Always thereabouts. Goods wins 2-3 clear games a year off his inspiration and output, and at 32 this may now be just getting beyond him. They always surprise though.

Geelong
Ottens, Ling, Mooney, Milburn, Blake gone. Scarlett , Wojcinski, J-Pod, Enright, Chapman, Corey all 30+ this year. I suspect the passion will have dimmed and the 30+ players that remain will find it a lot harder to keep going. May prove me wrong, but the drop will come either this year or the next.

Richmond
Probably a little harsh. Have us winning 10 ½ games this year.

12-15
Melbourne
Hangover from the off field turmoil of a change in coach and losing Scully. Likely to bounce back quickly, and probably be better off in the long term with 3 first round draft picks in 2012.

Brisbane
Decent but not great youth brigade will not be able to lend enough support a returning 30 year old Brown. Black would be on long odds to return anywhere near his best. Will suffer from key young players having walked out on the club for at least another year or two.

Adelaide
Home ground advantage keeps them above the Doggies – just.

Western Bulldogs
A harsh assessment to be sure. Too many players in the 30+ bracket. No Hall. Last season was the start of a serious decline, and losing Ward puts them back even further.

16-17
Gold Coast
Still too young and inexperienced across the board. Also, will not want to win more than 4 ½ games for the season.

Port Adelaide
Cannot see where the improvement will come from this season.

GWS Giants
The safest bet you could make this year. The odds are below the value of a 6 month term deposit for a reason.
Wow. A Richmond supporter with a brain. Definitely a rarity on here.

kudos :thumbsu: (and not for putting Essendon in the 8, but rather keeping Richmond out of it)

14. Richmond (Too many weak links and holes to fill)

Most of our list are 22 and under with plenty of talent and potential. They aren't weak links. We have 3 or 4 who will retire this year I'd say and another 3 or 4 who will fight for their spot on the senior/rookie lists. I'd say almost all clubs have this amount of players who may not be playing next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judging by what I expect of our best 22 over the next year or two I'd say we have a very promising young group with no real weaknesses apart from inexperience which means a slight lack of know how, size and fitness compared to a top 4 team. But a talented young player will learn quick and won't get smashed when beaten. A weak link is what I call a player who has no future and is filling a hole until a better player is drafted or ready to play senior footy

1. Gold Coast
2. Essendon
3. Brisbane
4. North Melbourne
5. Carlton
6. Geelong
7. Richmond
8. Collingwood

9. Port Adelaide
10. West Coast
11. Western Bulldogs
12. Fremantle
13. Sydney
14. Melbourne
15. Adelaide
16. St. Kilda
17. West Sydney
18. Hawthorn

any questions

1. Gold Coast
2. Essendon
3. Brisbane
4. North Melbourne
5. Carlton
6. Geelong
7. Richmond
8. Collingwood

9. Port Adelaide
10. West Coast
11. Western Bulldogs
12. Fremantle
13. Sydney
14. Melbourne
15. Adelaide
16. St. Kilda
17. West Sydney
18. Hawthorn

any questions
Why don't you have Port in the top 8? Clearly you know nothing about football. :thumbsdown:

1. Gold Coast
2. Essendon
3. Brisbane
4. North Melbourne
5. Carlton
6. Geelong
7. Richmond
8. Collingwood

9. Port Adelaide
10. West Coast
11. Western Bulldogs
12. Fremantle
13. Sydney
14. Melbourne
15. Adelaide
16. St. Kilda
17. West Sydney
18. Hawthorn

any questions
The best list I have seen :thumbsu:

Why don't you have Port in the top 8? Clearly you know nothing about football. :thumbsdown:

Because there were 8 teams I thought would finish higher...?

No, really, because the post is a joke in a silly thread, people arguing about stuff they will be embarrassed to defend come the end of the season.

i know richmond fans like to be up beat this time of year and im the same,i do think we are a chance of playing finals.now ive stated my wish for the year let me state a fact we are every bit a chance of matching or beating essendons place on the ladder no matter where they finish.i will admit richmond fans can get ahead of themselves but some of you essendon fans need to have a long hard look at your own list before you shoot down others.im sure you essendon fans were not worried when hurley recently tweaked his hammy,you have heaps of key forwards to cover that!

i know richmond fans like to be up beat this time of year and im the same,i do think we are a chance of playing finals.now ive stated my wish for the year let me state a fact we are every bit a chance of matching or beating essendons place on the ladder no matter where they finish.i will admit richmond fans can get ahead of themselves but some of you essendon fans need to have a long hard look at your own list before you shoot down others.im sure you essendon fans were not worried when hurley recently tweaked his hammy,you have heaps of key forwards to cover that!
If Richmond are every bit a chance as Essendon explain us making the finals and you finishing 12th, while our best player and Captain missed a chunk of the season. Please go on to name the senior players that willed us through the season if thats what you believe

A kid tweaking their hammy in early Jan does not put you at the same level as Essendon. I like the Tigers but with their lack of midfield depth and weak backline I cannot put them at the same level as Essendon.

A lot of discussion here about Richmond's weak backline. We had a lot of players out injured from there last year. Granted they were not world beaters, but they knew their position and were serviceable. The back line last year consisted of kids, new players, Lids and Newman. I.e. the least experienced back line in the comp (except GC).

This is one are I think it would be very safe to assume the Tigers will improve next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

2012 Predictions Pt.II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back