Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainChardonnay

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 6, 2009
In the shadows of the SCG
AFL Club
Sydney
A little separate to the 2012 team selection thread I think.... A bit more specific.

Who will you be locking in?

Sam Rowe looks a starter. Mature body. Picked for a reason and most likely will play.

Patton should be out of the gun straight away. #1 for a reason.

Anyone else?

Re: After the draft...... Your Rookie locks

Going to avoid Patton. Never trust a rookie KPF. ;)

Same. He'll be close to 200k and will need to put a few big ones together to be worth it, but as a KPF in a side that will probably struggle, I don't think that will happen.

I think I'll opt for players like Tom Mitchell, Brandon Ellis, Sam Kerridge, Seb Ross, etc. Good players, will be relatively cheap, and should get a fair bit of ball if they play.

Will be looking seriously at Shiels, Coniglio, Wingard, B.McKenzie, Buntine, Stephenson, Cameron, Mitchell and Daw.

Patton could well and truly be worth a look. The key with him is that he hasn't been using his body to win games - he uses his pace and footy smarts instead. I feel it's just a question of how much ball he can get from the midfield, as opposed to any issue with him.

As said in another thread, Wingard should slot into Port's 22 right away, won't be an obscene price, and should score relatively well.

Sam Rowe is capable of getting a gig in Carlton's 22 straight away and fills a need. A tentative lock.

The big O for Geelong should sit comfortably on most ruck benches.

After that, it's a raffle based on pre-season form.

The problem with Patton is that he'll be priced at $190k or so. Unless you want to keep him the whole year to get value out of him he'll need to average quite a bit to make OK money. Personally I like to make at least $200k out of any player I don't intend on keeping. I'm not sure Patton will get up to $390k.

Stephenson in ruck.

Sierakowski and Brad McKenzie maybe (not locks)

Mitchell and Kerridge.

Dom Tyson or Buntine possibly.

Whilst not exactly rookies Ahmed Saad & Beau Wilkes have to be seriously considered from the Saints. From what ive seen of Saad and way he is training he will be a lock to play majority of the year, and Wilkes imo will slot into our starting 22. Should be close to rookie price aswell.

highly doubt any gws players from thursday night will be in my team not worth the extra money where as there are plenty of other players darfted that will be good and worth their price

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Patton a definite one to avoid I think. As has been said, KPF and will start at $190k+. Lot of risk, not a huge upside there.

Mitchell at pick 21 thanks to F/S rule should be the bargain pick and should play rd 1 as well.

I think Orren Stephenson is a lock in for the ruck bench.

Also think that Sam Rowe and Tory Dickson should definitely be looked at as mature age recruits who have hard bodies and must have been selected for a reason.

Of the young guys, I think Wingard might be a good pick, though he might be a bit expensive. He'll definitely get a lot of game time though seeing as Port doesn't have the most settled starting 22.

Mitchell or Treloar, Dylan Shiel in the Mids. Might have Coniglio on the field, but price is large for a rookie.
McKenzie, Ellis in the backs
Not sure about dual position, but I am hoping Wingard, Devon Smith and WHE are all mid/Fwds. Not picking Patton due to the Reasons mentioned above (price and KP).
Rucks will prob be Stephenson, Giles.

Are there any 94k rookies who will play?

Last year there appeared to be a few more 94k rookie options than this year.

Are there any that will get a game this year?

While not a $94K ruckman, Luke Lowden is one to keep an eye of to cash on. Might be worth a spot in your starting lineup if you play a 3 playing ruck system. If you're playing a 4 playing ruck system then he might be the player to consider trading into mid-season to make a profit off of.

Price is $113,200

Steve Morris will play the majority of games as a defender for the Tigers. Is a ready made AFL player, don't know how well he will score though; apparently playing as a shut down midfielder/defender.

I'm considering these guys: M Buntine, P. Bower, M Clarke, J Hombsch, J Bootsma, A Morabito, A Sexton, S Coniglio, S Rowe, A Saad and I Folau. Have I missed any? Are any of them ones I shouldn't pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back