2012 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dual position rookies.

Alot of us have the Goddards, Lids, Fyfes and Goodes of the world and enjoy the flexibility we now get with DPP's. But who are the best rookie players to help this.

For/Mids seem to be quite common. Pfeiffer, Zorko, D.Smith and others all look like very viable options for this role.

Back/Mids though seem quite low in comparison. Dochertey appeard to be the best bet for this role but he is clearly injured so in their anyone else people believe could fill this role for us ?

Defense
B Ellis - T Bugg - bench M Clarke, B Smedts

Mid
D Shiel - T Ledger - bench S Kerridge J Magner

Ruck
O Stephenson - J Redden

Forwards
D Smith - D Pfeiffer - A Hall - T Dickson

Any changes you think I should make??

Defense

Mid

Ruck
O Stephenson - J Redden

Forwards

Get Clarke onto the ground with Bugg as emergency.

Swap Magner and Ledger.

Trade one of those rucks for Giles, probably Stephenson.

Consider Kennedy as a bench option to cover potential loss from players not named in the Fwds next week. I'm looking at starting with 2 Hall, Dickson & Pfieffer next week with Smith starting on the ground.

Giles is already starting.

Will Clarke play round one do you think?

Didn't want to add any more GWS players as I have 5 already, but Kennedy to replace who?

OK, I've had it. I can't figure out who the hell I want as my forward rookies. Can someone please tell me where these players are at:

Tory Dickson
Billie Smedts
Aaron Hall
Darren Pfeiffer
Sam Kerridge

Defense

Mid

Ruck
O Stephenson - J Redden

Forwards

Why the love for Pfeiffer? Am I the only one that remembered him being an extremely average player not able to get a game at Carlton who at the time were not great. I find it very unlikely that he will cut it at AFL level.

Are we expecting Tory Dickson to play Rd 1? Currently deliberating between him and A. Hall for GCS...

Try to get both if you can...

Assuming Magner plays which GWS do I play on-field in the mids, Shiel or McDonald? What are the chances of either getting subbed?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just an opinion based on nothing really other than what Gold Coast did last year with player rotations, I don't think you can go wrong with picking a Darley, Miles or any other young GWS palyer that wasn't named this week as these blokes WILL play early and regularly.

I will be keeping the 2 mentioned above without a doubt.

Why the love for Pfeiffer? Am I the only one that remembered him being an extremely average player not able to get a game at Carlton who at the time were not great. I find it very unlikely that he will cut it at AFL level.

All players mature and peak at different rates. Seems to have fit into Port's structure relatively well, positive NAB scores and he's also a DPP.

Does anyone know whether Morris from Richmond has been elevated? And if he hasn't can he still be elevated before round 1? I have tried researching this but can't find anything on it. Thanks in advance :thumbsu:

Hi,

My forward line is heavy with players that can move into the midfield, but I'm lacking any Mid that can move forward... are there any good rookies who can play both?

Cheers.

Does anyone know whether Morris from Richmond has been elevated? And if he hasn't can he still be elevated before round 1? I have tried researching this but can't find anything on it. Thanks in advance :thumbsu:

Morris doesn't need to be elevated as he is on the main list as a result of a pre-draft trade involving GWS.

Just an opinion based on nothing really other than what Gold Coast did last year with player rotations, I don't think you can go wrong with picking a Darley, Miles or any other young GWS palyer that wasn't named this week as these blokes WILL play early and regularly.

I will be keeping the 2 mentioned above without a doubt.

Yeah agree but you kinda just gotta go with who's been named imo. Miles has always been regarded as a fringe player and from what i understand has shown a bit preseason so it would worry me to pick him, especially with the names GWS have out (feels funny saying that).

I'll be going with McDonald, Shiel, Smith, Kennedy and Bugg and that's it. Maybe Hampton because he has been named but will need to do some reading up on him and his JS.

Some help would be much appreciated. Rookies are doing my head in; in particular Ledger & C.Smith. Who out of the two is most likely to get more games? I know Smith has disposal efficiency problems but if he gets alot of games and gets the ball he can at least tidy his disposal up a little. Is Ledger more of a risk and less likely to get as many games?

Also Hall, Cameron, Kerridge, Hampton.....Which two would any of you choose? Thank you very much :thumbsu:

Some help would be much appreciated. Rookies are doing my head in; in particular Ledger & C.Smith. Who out of the two is most likely to get more games? I know Smith has disposal efficiency problems but if he gets alot of games and gets the ball he can at least tidy his disposal up a little. Is Ledger more of a risk and less likely to get as many games?

Also Hall, Cameron, Kerridge, Hampton.....Which two would any of you choose? Thank you very much :thumbsu:

I'd say Ledger will play every week(barring injury or poor peformance) but the problem is the sub. Fair chance Ledger will be sub sometimes.

Is it worth getting Harry Cunningham or Simon Hogan?

And also, who (not just the two above) are the better round 12 bye rookies (any position)? This is troubling me so much!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back