2012 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time. Has was not elevated, may be a downgrade target post round 11.

He is nowhere near as good as Magner, although I know a lot of people like his DPP (which makes no sense).

Was this Tuesday just gone the deadline for LTI related rookie upgrades though? I recall Silvagni being elevated for Freo on the day the round 1 teams were announced in 2010.

Was this Tuesday just gone the deadline for LTI related rookie upgrades though? I recall Silvagni being elevated for Freo on the day the round 1 teams were announced in 2010.

It was for nominated rookies that can play every game as a result of the club not having 2 players on the veterans list.

Aaargh now that gives me enough money for Mohr and I have to make the choice again instead of it being made for me.

Bugg v. Morris v. Mohr.

Pick two of the three?

Coad actually scored well for GC before he ripped the hammy off the bone so I actually think Mohr could go ok.

Maybe when in doubt, go the mature ages?

Aaargh now that gives me enough money for Mohr and I have to make the choice again instead of it being made for me.

Bugg v. Morris v. Mohr.

Pick two of the three?

Coad actually scored well for GC before he ripped the hammy off the bone so I actually think Mohr could go ok.

Maybe when in doubt, go the mature ages?

Go with Bugg and Morris. Nobody should consider Mohr, the guy is a KP defender, they generally dont score as well.

Might need to offload Hayes, upgrade Barlow to gun mid and go shiel and McDonald for cash.

Too many mid guns

There was no way I was gonna have shiel, but being named starting rover is with only scully missing has me rethinking. What does everyone else think?

He's been brought into my side for Clifton.

Go with Bugg and Morris. Nobody should consider Mohr, the guy is a KP defender, they generally dont score as well.

I look at Bugg and wonder where the guy is going to score. He looks like a tackling beast but nothing else stands out. Mohr matches him in disposals, better kicking efficiency, contested marks, rebound 50s, marks from opposition kicks. I got burnt with Cameron Richardson and Josh Toy last year so I know small defenders without strings to the bow can score worse than KPD. Same with Morris really. I don't know, just my thoughts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I look at Bugg and wonder where the guy is going to score. He looks like a tackling beast but nothing else stands out. Mohr matches him in disposals, better kicking efficiency, contested marks, rebound 50s, marks from opposition kicks. I got burnt with Cameron Richardson and Josh Toy last year so I know small defenders without strings to the bow can score worse than KPD. Same with Morris really. I don't know, just my thoughts.

Bugg had more points per minutes played in the pre-season.

FWIW

Bugg had more points per minutes played in the pre-season.

FWIW

True but Mohr will play more TOG in the season proper than Bugg also so points per minute is irrelevant.

(Seems I'm just trying to convince myself on Mohr despite the overwhelming public thought going the other way LOL).

I know Bugg scored well against Richmond so having only played 2 of the 3 games has a better average than Mohr. I just think maybe its deceptive when you compare their history in VFL & NEAFL respectively.

Top 5 rookie backs (under $130,000) who should play round one?

So far I have:
Ellis,
Bugg,
Morris,
Spurr.
Yagamoor

But unsure on security on most whether I should lock in Mohr or wait it out and hope one of Smedts, Wilkes, Brown, Paine plays

What's hombsch js like? Struggling massively in the backs

Goddard deledio shaw broughton Ellis bugg Morris

Need 2 more got hombsch and yagmoor but nfi which back rookies to put got 17k left over

Im in the same situation, thats why I'm going to lock in Mohr - and hopefully be able to skim money from my mids or forwards next week

Darley hasn't been named so I need a replacement. Have Bugg, Morris and Ellis. Who should I get?

Also what's the go with Spurr? He hasn't been elevated so does that mean he has missed out? Ie Do I take him out of consideration?

Top 5 rookie backs (under $130,000) who should play round one?

So far I have:
Ellis,
Bugg,
Morris,
Spurr.
Yagamoor

But unsure on security on most whether I should lock in Mohr or wait it out and hope one of Smedts, Wilkes, Brown, Paine plays

Of those highlighted, i don't expect any of them to play round 1 and i would also rate Morris as a 50/50 at this stage. Whilst Mohr isn't likely to set the world on fire, he is definitely going to play most weeks.

Darley hasn't been named so I need a replacement. Have Bugg, Morris and Ellis. Who should I get?

Also what's the go with Spurr? He hasn't been elevated so does that mean he has missed out? Ie Do I take him out of consideration?

Don't think Freo have a spare list spot so unless they get an LTI he will be after round 11. Reading the Richmond board not too many of their posters have both Ellis and Morris in their sides for round 1. May mean nothing though.

Of those highlighted, i don't expect any of them to play round 1 and i would also rate Morris as a 50/50 at this stage. Whilst Mohr isn't likely to set the world on fire, he is definitely going to play most weeks.

F**k. All of a sudden backline rookies are looking pretty thin on the ground. Might have to downgrade a fwd and get Malceski in after all.

Picking the GWS rookies ahead of next weeks games is doing my head in, what if you don't name one then one of your rookie locks from another team doesn't get named next week, completely screws up your side.

For example right now I have Bugg, Mohr, Ellis and Morris. Do I start Bugg and Mohr or just hope one of either Ellis or Morris gets named next week? If neither gets named I get a donut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back