2012 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re Boumann. There is a lot of love on the Hawks board for him. If he is starting 22 he may be worth a shot as the Hawks share it around a lot coming out of defense.

Boumann linked up well during the NAB and his kicking was pretty good as well. I have had him and Wilkes come and go a few times in my last defensive spot. Have Wilkes at the moment on the off chance he can kick a few clutch goals.......which mean good points.

Wilkes is looking more like a forward, which means he may only play if Riewoldt or Kosi is out.

With Ryan Griffen out for round one you'd think Clay Smith would be a monty to debut (without the green jacket)??? anyone else?

Rumours that Hall and Sexton are going to get a run this week for GC. We all should know Hall at this point, but anyone got any info on Sexton?

With Ryan Griffen out for round one you'd think Clay Smith would be a monty to debut (without the green jacket)??? anyone else?

Clay Smith has been told by the club that he is definitely debuting this weekend for those that are interested. He's told his family and they are all travelling down for the match. No word on any vest though.

What is everyones thoughts on Ledger this season? To me he has sub written all over him and i am sceptical of picking him in my side. Problem is though i cant see many other rookies stepping up and taking his place. Have only enough money to bring in Pfieffer from Port. Is he a better option? Will also create the MID/FWD link?

What is everyones thoughts on Ledger this season? To me he has sub written all over him and i am sceptical of picking him in my side. Problem is though i cant see many other rookies stepping up and taking his place. Have only enough money to bring in Pfieffer from Port. Is he a better option? Will also create the MID/FWD link?
no doubt Ledger is a likely sub but teams do usually share it around so if he's sub this week prob wont be next few weeks. also he looks the type of player who could still score 40 or so coming on as sub. i'm picking him if he's named.

So how is Boumann JS pending Gilham return?

Gilham is still listed as indefinite (anyone have something more definite than indefinite, or even a guide?), but can/ will Stratton, Gibson, Bouman and Schoenmakers play in the same side?

Boumann looks OK, but no good if he's playing very well for Box Hill

Four players will make their debuts for Richmond in tomorrow night’s blockbuster opening round clash with Carlton at the MCG.

Former Adelaide Crows ruckman, Ivan Maric; ex-Melbourne small forward, Addam Maric; Steven Morris, son of dual Richmond premiership player, Kevin Morris; and the Club’s No. 1 pick in the 2011 AFL National Draft, Brandon Ellis, will line up for their first games in the famous Yellow and Black jumper.
Ellis, Morris confirmed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So how is Boumann JS pending Gilham return?

Gilham is still listed as indefinite (anyone have something more definite than indefinite, or even a guide?), but can/ will Stratton, Gibson, Bouman and Schoenmakers play in the same side?

Boumann looks OK, but no good if he's playing very well for Box Hill

Gilham will play 2-3 quarters in the curtain raiser tomorrow night at the G.

Perhaps you get along early and give us an update?

I doubt, personally, that Boumann will keep his place once Roughead and Gilham both return. Gilham will be another couple of weeks I'd think, but am hoping the Rough will be back for Round 2 V Geelong.

I personally would be wary of a guy that both Wells and Hine have had a look at right under their noses and weren't interested in.

Care to explain mate? :confused:

I thought Couch was quite impressive during the NAB Cup.

Showed alot of ticker and a loves to lay a tackle too.

Yep couch is just the player neeld loves the tackle machine fits well into neelds plans. Wouldn't be too disappointed if couch is not named for this week but plays round 2 as I can swing him into my mids and take jmacs 100 but either way this is good news

So if Couch plays round one, will people put him in thier side?
Some mates say he is not in the top 25. One guy says he'll be in for the grunt?

Anyone got any inside info?

I appreciate that other selectors have passed him up, but there must be something?

They are the two best recruiters going around and obviously didn't bite despite him playing VFL at both Geelong and Collingwood.

That is true, however you are overlooking one vital ingredient. Both Geelong and Collingwood already have a hardness in the side that Melbourne lack. They also have high quality midfields. Couch doesn't fulfill a need for either of those sides, one that he fills perfectly at Melbourne.

That is true, however you are overlooking one vital ingredient. Both Geelong and Collingwood already have a hardness in the side that Melbourne lack. They also have high quality midfields. Couch doesn't fulfill a need for either of those sides, one that he fills perfectly at Melbourne.

Magner fulfills the need better though. Do you think they will both be playing every week? I don't.

I won't be.
Why?
Magner fulfills the need better though. Do you think they will both be playing every week? I don't.
Oh!:)

Surely he'd be a bench option? Tough mid to come on (subbed even) as insurance?
syl, can you see any reasons he won't play please apart from adding to the likes of Jones, Magner and Moloney?
thanks, be an interesting talk I reckon.
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back