Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

The rookies I've got on my radar at the moment are as follows:

Def: Ellis, Smedts, Bugg, Wilkes

Mid: Coniglio, Smith D, Zorko, Sexton

Ruc: Giles, Stephenson, Derickx

Fwd: Pfeiffer, Walsh, Treloar, Rowe.

Ok, some of them are not actually rookies, but they are priced as such.

Am I missing any obvious ones? are any that I'm going for likely to not play?

Hi all,

The rookies I've got on my radar at the moment are as follows:

Def: Ellis, Smedts, Bugg, Wilkes

Yes, Maybe, Maybe, Maybe (Don't think he will score great but if you are looking for a filler that will play maybe ok)

Mid: Coniglio, Smith D, Zorko, Sexton

Maybe(Price), Maybe (If I took him it would be as a fwd), Injured, Who?

Ruc: Giles, Stephenson, Derickx

Yes, Yes, No (Maric/Vickery should have ruck combo under lock and key at Richmond)

Fwd: Pfeiffer, Walsh, Treloar, Rowe.

Maybe, No, Hasn't been seen in the pre season?, No

Ok, some of them are not actually rookies, but they are priced as such.

Am I missing any obvious ones? are any that I'm going for likely to not play?

That is my opinion.

Hard to pick any real locks outside of the rucks at the moment. A lot will come down to who will be picked in round 1. The difficult thing is that the GWS youngsters are the fallback position and they are locked out the week prior so it's a big guessing game. Teams are playing pretty close to full strength sides this week so we will have some more insight.

This is my point. There's heaps of options, but 11 of your 16 players named are from Round 11, and two of these that are outside of R11 are injured.

You would have to be super lucky to be able to trade all of your rookies out by round 11.

Aside from Cox I have no premiums from all those sides in round 11.

And I can't really see how anyone can unless they've gone with 2nd rate premium mids like Swallow, Priddis or Scott Thompson or someone else like that :confused:

That is my opinion.

Hard to pick any real locks outside of the rucks at the moment. A lot will come down to who will be picked in round 1. The difficult thing is that the GWS youngsters are the fallback position and they are locked out the week prior so it's a big guessing game. Teams are playing pretty close to full strength sides this week so we will have some more insight.

Good summary. The post you quoted looksl ike he has watched none of the pre-season.

Ellis is a lock.
Magner will be playing round 1, dislocated finger with 3 weeks to recover, he will be fine. So lock.
Will go Redden in ruck over Stephenson.
Smedts, Kerridge, Hall.

This year sucks for rookies!! :)

Defenders: Ellis, Mohr & Darley.

Mids: Coniglio, Wingard, Clifton, Miles & Clay Smith.

Rucks: Giles & Redden

Forwards: Devon Smith, Kerridge & Jeremy Cameron (iffy)

Are Hayden Crozier & Tom Couch gonna play?

Defenders: Ellis, Mohr & Darley.

Mids: Coniglio, Wingard, Clifton, Miles & Clay Smith.

Rucks: Giles & Redden

Forwards: Devon Smith, Kerridge & Jeremy Cameron (iffy)

Are Hayden Crozier & Tom Couch gonna play?

Have Melbourne got 2 LTI's? If not only one of Magner and Couch can play in rd 1.
I also noticed Kerridge is an emergency this week so his job security may be a little up in the air and he may not break into a full strength Adelaide side.

Have Melbourne got 2 LTI's? If not only one of Magner and Couch can play in rd 1.
I also noticed Kerridge is an emergency this week so his job security may be a little up in the air and he may not break into a full strength Adelaide side.

Melbourne have 2 x LTI's and 1 x Vet. I still don't know if Couch will get the nod. Regardless, the magnet is a better choice.

Melbourne have 2 x LTI's and 1 x Vet. I still don't know if Couch will get the nod. Regardless, the magnet is a better choice.

Thanks for clarifying.:thumbsu: It will be interesting to see if both get upgraded.

They've both played reasonably well in the NAB cup so must be a big chance of gaining promotion.

Can anyone recommend a forward rookie preferably below $100,000?

Already have Cameron, Kerridge and Hall.
Thanks,

Can anyone recommend a forward rookie preferably below $100,000?

Already have Cameron, Kerridge and Hall.
Thanks,

You've set an impossible taske, closest is A. Hall or A. Saad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is my opinion.

Hey Selective. Agree with your suggestions above. Re: D.Smith, i'd also prefer to have him as a fwd rather than in the midfield (not as good rookie fwds compared to mids) but because he is a DPP (mid/fwd), wouldn't he be better served selected in the midfield so as to have someone there to swap with the likes of Fyfe, Pavlich, Chapman, Goodes, Martin, etc? Who do you have in your midfield who is a DPP that will enable you to swap mid/fwd players around? Thanks...

Re: D.Smith, i'd also prefer to have him as a fwd rather than in the midfield (not as good rookie fwds compared to mids)

That's all it comes down to for me. DPP is handy but I wouldn't sacrifice for it. D.Smith as a forward, could mean a pretty safe pick in mid like a Clifton vs. taking a bit of a risk with a Smedts or Hall or someone like that. I don't have any DPP picks in the mid to link up with the forward line at all. They won't help in the byes as it would only be robbing peter to pay paul - unless your team was badly stacked i.e. all round 12 bye mids, all round 13 bye fwds - and the new trading rules regarding DPP can be used to shuffle up if completely necessary.

That's all it comes down to for me. DPP is handy but I wouldn't sacrifice for it. D.Smith as a forward, could mean a pretty safe pick in mid like a Clifton vs. taking a bit of a risk with a Smedts or Hall or someone like that. I don't have any DPP picks in the mid to link up with the forward line at all. They won't help in the byes as it would only be robbing peter to pay paul - unless your team was badly stacked i.e. all round 12 bye mids, all round 13 bye fwds - and the new trading rules regarding DPP can be used to shuffle up if completely necessary.

Thanks for the reply. :thumbsu:

Excellent post.

Has nothing to do with the fact that I agree 100%:p

It is exactly right. But don't forget that players get dropped, suspended, injured or just plain rested. Those MPP's will do more than just cover byes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back