2012 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the go with Sam Gibson? Just looking at the stats he was named on the weekend but didn't score. Should I put a line through his name?

What's the go with Sam Gibson? Just looking at the stats he was named on the weekend but didn't score. Should I put a line through his name?

North Melbourne can still upgrade a rookie and is playing in the VFL this weekend, if he puts in a blinder will hopefully be upgraded and selected round 1..

But unfortunately will probably have to look elsewhere for rookie gold..!

L.Brown - unlikey???
L.Neale - injured???
J.Magner - injured???

Currency have Clifton, McDonald, C.Smith, Magner and Ledger in the midfield.

Neale might break in to the side later on. Knowing Ross Lyon, it might never happen.

Magner dislocated his finger. Should defo be playing round 1.

Luke Brown is no chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the deadline is for clubs that can nominate rookies that don't have their full compliment of veterans.

A rookie can go up for an LTI at any time I think, although I think there is a cut off towards the end of the season.

And clubs can also promote one rookie after round 11 regardless of any LTIs as mentioned in the post above.

I think Clifton will have MUCH more job security than Stevens. As much as I want him to succeed, I think he will be in and out. Clifton will play every game.
Agree on Stevens, however Clifton isn't looking much better. There's Miles,Smith,Coniglio,WHE,Tyson,Sheil,Palmer,Ward,Scully etc. Clifton has been named last on the bench by Sheeds' likely round 1 team. He will have to tear it up otherwise will also be in and out of the team,which is more likely given the rotational policy GWS will employ.

Magner has also been upgraded. A lock now I would think.

I reckon so... do you guys/gals reckon the following is an mix of rookies? Honestly, I'm massively unsure which way to go ( especially with Con/Win )...

D: Ellis, Darley, Bugg, Smedts
M: Coniglio, Wingard, Sheil, Magner
F: Smith, Pfeiffer, Kerridge, Hall

I reckon so... do you guys/gals reckon the following is an mix of rookies? Honestly, I'm massively unsure which way to go ( especially with Con/Win )...

D: Ellis, Darley, Bugg, Smedts
M: Coniglio, Wingard, Sheil, Magner
F: Smith, Pfeiffer, Kerridge, Hall

Coniglio and Wingard are expensive - Coniglio should be a consistent player and scorer but he is playing in the worst team in the competition so that will cut back his output quite a bit especially as he does spend quite a bit of time in the forward line. Wingard is no lock for Port's 22 - he is an outstanding talent and will get game time at some time through the year - but apparently he just doesn't have an AFL engine at this stage so if he plays its probably subsville for him. Kerridge likely a sub as well, and everyone seems to be sure Smedts isn't in the Cats round 1 lineup.

Smedts is in 33% of teams at the moment.

Am I missing something? Why is he so popular?

For some unknown reason everyone has been talking him up this preseason but he has done nothing spectacular in preseason from what I have seen. He hasn't been in my team at any stage.

My rookies are

Def: Ellis, Darley & Spurr
Mids: Coniglio, Clifton, Kennedy & Magner (These will change on Thursday night/Friday once I see GWS line up. Will probably bring in Pfeiffer for Clifton or Kennedy.)
Rucks: Giles & Redden
Forwards: Saad, Smith & Kerridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back