2012 SC Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am looking at some mid price options for defense. Thought it would help me and others in the same boat to rank these players in terms of risk.
B.Lake, R.Hargrave, R.Conca, B.Smith, C.Dempsey, B.Waters, C.Howard, J.Grimes, N.Malceski. Start with less risk to highest. Thanks.:thumbsu:

Am looking at some mid price options for defense. Thought it would help me and others in the same boat to rank these players in terms of risk.
B.Lake, R.Hargrave, R.Conca, B.Smith, C.Dempsey, B.Waters, C.Howard, J.Grimes, N.Malceski. Start with less risk to highest. Thanks.:thumbsu:

Risk:
Hargrave
Lake
Malceski
Conca
Dempsey
Waters
Howard
Smith
Grimes

Risk/Reward:
Malceski
Grimes
Lake
Hargrave
Dempsey
Conca
Waters
Smith
Howard

Originally I had Jack Grimes as my 4D, with Marty Clarke and Jackson Allen at 5 and 6. I've since switched Grimes out for Lake and replaced Allen with teammate Karmichael Hunt.

Was wondering which backfield would be the better option.

Option 1:
Goddard, Deledio, Birchall, Grimes, Allen, Clarke

Option 2:
Goddard, Deledio, Birchall, Lake, Hunt, Clarke

Opinions?

has anyone looked at Mitch Golby from Lions... played half a season last year after terrible injury run and looks very promising ball winner and voss likes the way he plays.. i have him over lake at the moment both are priced at about 270 k...

has anyone looked at Mitch Golby from Lions... played half a season last year after terrible injury run and looks very promising ball winner and voss likes the way he plays.. i have him over lake at the moment both are priced at about 270 k...

Been a bit of talk about Golby. His NAB games were reasonably impressive but I can;t remember seeing him much last year. Could be a good POD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can only afford 3 premiums in defense, which of the following defenders are the top three?

Lids
Goddard
Scotland
Shaw
Broughton

I currently have Lids Scotland and Shaw. Doing my head in.

I can only afford 3 premiums in defense, which of the following defenders are the top three?

Lids
Goddard
Scotland
Shaw
Broughton

I currently have Lids Scotland and Shaw. Doing my head in.
I agree with your current set-up. My order would be

1. Lids
  2. Goddard
  3. Shaw
  4. Broughton
  5. Scotland

Got a rookie spot in my forward line, should I go for Wilson, Kennedy, Cameron or Smith from GWS?

Smith, definitely. More of a midfielder but categorised as a forward.

Any thoughts on my defenders-

Goddard, Deledio, Yarran, Hansen, Guthrie, Ellis, Bugg (Hunter, Mangan)

Am hoping Yarran & Hansen have a breakout year. Probably my weakest line so not too worried.

Any thoughts on my defenders-

Goddard, Deledio, Yarran, Hansen, Guthrie, Ellis, Bugg (Hunter, Mangan)

Am hoping Yarran & Hansen have a breakout year. Probably my weakest line so not too worried.

Probably wouldnt take the gamble of both Yarran and Hansen breaking out. Yarran much more likely.

I'd downgrade or upgrade Hansen depending on your finances and the rest of your team.

Malcheski or Golby fellas?

Have been swiching between them for D5 spot.

I reckon Golby could be in for a good year while Malcheski looks great value.

Both have been dominating in the nab cup too.

Thoughts?

I'd go Malceski, simply for the fact that he has shown previously that he is a more than viable premium back. If he is fit, he will score well. Only played 22 games in a season twice in the last 5 years, but both were SC gold, with 102 and 96 averages respectivley.

I'd go Malceski, simply for the fact that he has shown previously that he is a more than viable premium back. If he is fit, he will score well. Only played 22 games in a season twice in the last 5 years, but both were SC gold, with 102 and 96 averages respectivley.

All good mate, I grabbed both. Problem solved. LOL. :D:thumbsu:

Golbys going to be my smokey that I'm taking a risk on. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back