2012 SC Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All good mate, I grabbed both. Problem solved. LOL. :D:thumbsu:

Golbys going to be my smokey that I'm taking a risk on. :eek:

Haha.

Golby would be a nice POD, you dont really need him to set the world on fire at 270K. Much better option than Phil Davis imo, who's name seems to be thrown around a bit more and is pretty much the same price.

I currently have...

Goddard
Deledio
H. Shaw
Broughton
Dempsey
Ellis
Bugg
--------------
Smedts
S. Shaw

Bolded players are the ones I'm not sure of. I've gone with Dempsey over Lake and Hargrave as I've seen all of his preseason and he's been impressive. What has Lake and Hargrave's preseasons been like?

With Rutten likely for round 1 I'm looking to replace Shaw. Any suggestions?

No love for Corey Enright?

My backline is as follows - Goddard, Shaw, Enright, Lake, Hargrave, Dempsey, Clarke (Bugg, Ellis)

With Deledio in mids for the MPP.

12,500k in bank.

Why has barely anyone mentioned Enright on here? Should i go for a Johncock, Birchall, Suckling instead?

No love for Corey Enright?

My backline is as follows - Goddard, Shaw, Enright, Lake, Hargrave, Dempsey, Clarke (Bugg, Ellis)

With Deledio in mids for the MPP.

12,500k in bank.

Why has barely anyone mentioned Enright on here? Should i go for a Johncock, Birchall, Suckling instead?

Has had some issues with achilles soreness recently. Geelong have stated that he will be started round 1, but it has no doubt spooked a few people.

Now it looks like Mohr and Bugg are going to be pretty solid I'm thinking about downgrading Clarke and pocketing the cash. Bit of a shame, I probably would have used the $ to upgrade Malceski to Broughton if I could.

Now it looks like Mohr and Bugg are going to be pretty solid I'm thinking about downgrading Clarke and pocketing the cash. Bit of a shame, I probably would have used the $ to upgrade Malceski to Broughton if I could.

Too early to make opinions mate. They have both only played one game against a Sydney team that was in second gear!.

Too early to make opinions mate. They have both only played one game against a Sydney team that was in second gear!.

However Mohr and Bugg are in the correct positions to pick up plenty of ball for a team that will have plenty of ball in its back half for a lot of the season......

Mulling over Guthrie and M Clarke ....... I need a score more than 70 to be happy because Hombsch is on the bench. The NAB Cup games has more players in the sides and more opportunity to be subbed so if named on the field they should pick up a better score than the NAB Cup performances.

Or just grab Hargrave...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a backline of:
Goddard, Birchall, Broughton, Malceski, Lake, Golby, Clarke, Ellis and Bugg. (with 50k in bank)

I'm unsure if I should downgrade Golby to a 100k rookie to gain more of a cash increase, problem is there aren't to many with good JS as i look down the list.

The only few in mind are:
Guthrie - Not sure if best 22
Bower - could play a few and then never play again
Docherty - gamble on a comeback and straight into the side
Morris - Not sure about JS here
Smedts - Good for MPP but not sure if will play much

Maybe i should just stick with Golby?

I only have two slots for rookies in my backline and I'm thinking at least 2 of Bugg, Mohr, Ellis, Spurr etc will probably suffice. If Clarke starred in the preseason it would be a different story, but he didn't. The 60-70k could be put to better use.

I only have two slots for rookies in my backline and I'm thinking at least 2 of Bugg, Mohr, Ellis, Spurr etc will probably suffice. If Clarke starred in the preseason it would be a different story, but he didn't. The 60-70k could be put to better use.

Left it a bit late to get Bugg or Mohr.

Spurr will be good, if he gets elevated.

Which Defence would be better :

1: Goddard , Shaw , Newman , Grimes , Yarran , Lake , Bugg EMG: Morris , Ellis

or

2: Goddard , Shaw , Delidio . Newman , Yarran , Ellis , Bugg EMG: L.Brown , Yagmoor

Still not sure about the rookies in number 2 .

What are your thoughts ?

I can't say I like Grimes (turns out an injury in the preseason is what I needed to break me of my Grimesitis) but Brown and Yagmoor are both more likely to not play than to play this week. I'd take the second, but see who's named to find better rookies.

Which Defence would be better :

1: Goddard , Shaw , Newman , Grimes , Yarran , Lake , Bugg EMG: Morris , Ellis

or

2: Goddard , Shaw , Delidio . Newman , Yarran , Ellis , Bugg EMG: L.Brown , Yagmoor

Still not sure about the rookies in number 2 .

What are your thoughts ?
number 2 but replace newman with birchall and Brown with mohr

Anyone considering putting Sam Docherty on their midfield bench for round 1?

I see a few advantages of having him say over Clay Smith and Ledger.

1. I can swing Deledio into my midfield as my 4th premium midfielder (temporarily until I can get someone else) and play either Bugg or Morris as my D7 instead. My defence still looks ok without Lids in it -

Goodard, Broughton, Malcheski, Lake, Golby, Ellis, Bugg (Morris, Docherty)

2. I can put Docherty on the ground as my 6th midfielder and get A.Kennedy from GWS's points as I have him as my midfield emergency.
:D:thumbsu:

3. Clay Smith and Ledger are prime to be potential green vested candidates the majority of the time.

4. Docherty is a high prized pick of the Lions and a talented player. You'd imagine it won't take long for him to get a call up.

5. If Coniglio continues to stink it up I can trade him out for either Clay Smith or Ledger (whichever one is doing the best, is avoiding the green vest and is looking like having the best job security)

Man I think I have talked myself into this. Great MPP coverage too with A.Kennedy and Docherty on the bench and D.Smith and Phiffer in the forwards along with my premium back and forward MPP's.

Thoughts? :eek:

I have a conundrum involving Morris and Ellis as my 7th defender. I have both but i'm yet to decide which player to start on the ground. I'm concerned that one of them will wear the vest before or during the match. What are people's thoughts?

Which one of the three would be the better option for D5

Yarran , Lake or Grimes ?

Yarran or Lake. If Lake can get anywhere near his best there won't be a lot between them, so i'd lean toward Lake who is also cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back