2012 SC Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a conundrum involving Morris and Ellis as my 7th defender. I have both but i'm yet to decide which player to start on the ground. I'm concerned that one of them will wear the vest before or during the match. What are people's thoughts?

Aren't subs announced 90 minutes before the game (and before lockout)? At least then you will know whether either one is starting as the sub.

I have a conundrum involving Morris and Ellis as my 7th defender. I have both but i'm yet to decide which player to start on the ground. I'm concerned that one of them will wear the vest before or during the match. What are people's thoughts?

Conca will wear the vest I reckon

Anyone considering putting Sam Docherty on their midfield bench for round 1?

I see a few advantages of having him say over Clay Smith and Ledger.

1. I can swing Deledio into my midfield as my 4th premium midfielder (temporarily until I can get someone else) and play either Bugg or Morris as my D7 instead. My defence still looks ok without Lids in it -

Goodard, Broughton, Malcheski, Lake, Golby, Ellis, Bugg (Morris, Docherty)

2. I can put Docherty on the ground as my 6th midfielder and get A.Kennedy from GWS's points as I have him as my midfield emergency.
:D:thumbsu:

3. Clay Smith and Ledger are prime to be potential green vested candidates the majority of the time.

4. Docherty is a high prized pick of the Lions and a talented player. You'd imagine it won't take long for him to get a call up.

5. If Coniglio continues to stink it up I can trade him out for either Clay Smith or Ledger (whichever one is doing the best, is avoiding the green vest and is looking like having the best job security)

Man I think I have talked myself into this. Great MPP coverage too with A.Kennedy and Docherty on the bench and D.Smith and Phiffer in the forwards along with my premium back and forward MPP's.

Thoughts? :eek:

Not a terrible strategy. But I'm guessing that you don't have McDonald already in your midfield.

If you do, and Docherty doesn't play in round 2 or 3, you will have 2 non-playing mids. As you say, you can move Deledio into the mids via MPP with Docherty, but it is a risk.

Aren't subs announced 90 minutes before the game (and before lockout)? At least then you will know whether either one is starting as the sub.

I couldn't get on the website Saturday because of over-population. I think it may be a similar story again and one i'm not willing to risk. I wanted to swap Kennedy with Shiel but it never eventuated.
Anyway i think one of the 2 will eventually find the vest, so it's a decision i'll have to make. I'm leaning toward starting Ellis at this stage.

I couldn't get on the website Saturday because of over-population. I think it may be a similar story again and one i'm not willing to risk. I wanted to swap Kennedy with Shiel but it never eventuated.
Anyway i think one of the 2 will eventually find the vest, so it's a decision i'll have to make. I'm leaning toward starting Ellis at this stage.

If you had to pick, I'd go with Ellis. Named on the wing and has been the better performer throughout the NAB cup.

Anyone concerned about the byes? Round 13 in particular?

With the three most expensive/popular defenders having a bye in rd 13 and a lack of any decent Rd 11 bye defenders how are people managing this?

Not a terrible strategy. But I'm guessing that you don't have McDonald already in your midfield.

If you do, and Docherty doesn't play in round 2 or 3, you will have 2 non-playing mids. As you say, you can move Deledio into the mids via MPP with Docherty, but it is a risk.

I don't have old McDonald mate. :D:thumbsu:

This is my midfield at the moment -

Ablett, Pendles, Selwood, Coniglio, Shiel, Magner (A.Kennedy, Docherty)

I want to go with this midfield though -

Ablett, Pendles, Selwood, Deledio, Coniglio, Magner (Shiel, Pfiffer)

Backline would then be -

Goodard, Broughton, Malcheski, Lake, Golby, Ellis, Bugg (Morris, Docherty)

Also have Pfiffer and D.Smith on the forward line and bench which I can swap with Kennedy. I'm actually thinking of starting Kennedy as my 7th forward next week -

Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Chapman, Martin, Porplizia, D.Smith

(Pfiffer, Dickson)

May aswell say what my rucks are. LOL!

Mumford Giles (Redden, Stephenson)

I assume that people realise they can't keep swinging their GWS players in and out of the side, or on and off the bench, this week. You know, the lockout?

Surely no-one is considering burning trades next week to swap GWS rookies about?

I'm talking about next round mate not this week.

Round 2 I want to swap my GWS rookies around via MPP.

I want Kennedy as F7 (Have him as midfield emergency)

D.Smith will most likely go from F7 to my midfield bench.

And I want Shiel on the bench until he has more match fitness. Stupid me started him on the ground when I heard he was meant to be like a young Chris Judd at the last minute. ROFL! :eek:

I suppose I was confused when I read this:

"Anyone considering putting Sam Docherty on their midfield bench for round 1?

1. I can swing Deledio into my midfield as my 4th premium midfielder (temporarily until I can get someone else) and play either Bugg or Morris as my D7 instead"

Not sure how that works ...

I reckon it's a decent plan, a lot is dependent on when Docherty starts playing though. First year player coming off not much of a pre-season, did play the reserves game two weeks ago though, apparently showed a bit of dash, but rusty as you'd expect. Have a feeling he won't start playing till a bit later, but it's hard to judge. It's a bit more of a risk with only two on the bench as opposed to three last year.

I suppose I was confused when I read this:

"Anyone considering putting Sam Docherty on their midfield bench for round 1?

1. I can swing Deledio into my midfield as my 4th premium midfielder (temporarily until I can get someone else) and play either Bugg or Morris as my D7 instead"

Not sure how that works ...

Forgot to clarify what I meant with Bugg.

I was going to put Morris as D7 if he didn't get picked and get Buggs score as I had him as my back emergency. :p

Obviously seeing the teams since Morris is playing so there goes that idea out the window. LOL.

Can still do it with Kennedy though if I put Docherty on the ground as M6 as I have Kennedy as my midfield emergency. :D:thumbsu:

I reckon it's a decent plan, a lot is dependent on when Docherty starts playing though. First year player coming off not much of a pre-season, did play the reserves game two weeks ago though, apparently showed a bit of dash, but rusty as you'd expect. Have a feeling he won't start playing till a bit later, but it's hard to judge. It's a bit more of a risk with only two on the bench as opposed to three last year.

This games all about risks though mate. You have to take risks to get an advantage over the opposition. Ask crazy man Impromptu. LOL! :p

Do you think Docherty could possibly get a call up within a month? :eek:

I could wait out a month as I think he's MPP is a huge advantage to my team and I feel safer with the knowledge that I can use Deledio as a temporarily 4th Premium midfielder until I can get say a Murphy or Dal Santo in there. :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This games all about risks though mate. You have to take risks to get an advantage over the opposition. Ask crazy man Impromptu. LOL! :p

I could wait out a month as I think he's MPP is a huge advantage to my team and I feel safer with the knowledge that I can use Deledio as a temporarily 4th Premium midfielder until I can get say a Murphy or Dal Santo in there. :cool:

Is Luke brown an alternative?

It's really hard to say, but I personally don't think so, not unless he tears it up in the reserves. We also have Drummond out at the moment too, and he seems to be tracking a similar return path to Docherty (both played their first game in the reserves as I said), so you'd think he'd be back first. Though we all know what his injury history is like, so you never know.

The one thing he does have going for him, is that Voss seems pretty intent on pushing Adcock into the midfield. Ash McGrath who also provides our run from half back might need to be put forward if we're struggling for goals, so it does leave a position or two open up back. But as I said, not much of a pre-season since he's carried that hip injury from before he was drafted, and had surgery in December. He does seem the type that would slot quite well into AFL once he gets used to the pace, so he has that going for him too.

I probably just confused you even more now :eek:

I probably just confused you even more now :eek:

Ha! Ha!

Yeah a bit confused now. :p

Docherty or Luke Brown?

Personally I think Docherty is the better player and would have better job security.

Maybe I should just toss a coin or ask the supercoach gods once I have made a sacrificial offering to them. :D

Ha! Ha!

Yeah a bit confused now. :p

Docherty or Luke Brown?

Personally I think Docherty is the better player and would have better job security.

Maybe I should just toss a coin or ask the supercoach gods once I have made a sacrificial offering to them. :D

I'm glad that the Lions have Docherty and not Brown, but I've picked Brown over him. Brown missed with broken teeth, but I can't see Docherty playing until after the bye. Make sure you get on when he does though. He'll be this year's Heppell.

Anyone else have a dilemma with 3 Richmond players in their backline?

Goddard Deledio Shaw Lake Ellis Bugg (Morris Smedts)

Who has more job security out of Ellis and Morris?

Got to be Ellis. Uses the ball far better which is the key in SC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back