2012 SC Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure what to do with Broughton. First game first quarter absolutely tore it up until he was moved onto Stevie J to shut him down. Second game had a similar shut down role. Brisbane this week, named in the midfield surely he can't be used as a shut down player against weaker teams. Talk of Mundy and Barlow's return further reducing his chances of playing midfield and increasing his scoring output. Not sure what to do, any Fremantle insight?

Contemplating trading him out for Malceski and trading out Boumann for Marty Clarke.

Or I can trade out Boumann for Hombsch and Pfeiffer for Milera.

Seriously Broughton, you've ruined my life. Why did I select you.

Defender Problems..

Seems that everyone is having problems with their defence this week..

I have grimes, lake and dempsey. Im fine covering two of these for a week, and ive seen dempsey has been named.

But my problem is grimes, he has been on the fringe of my team and not scoring well.
So i want him out this week...

Who does everyone think is the best replacement for a 80+ consistent score..
I have narrowed it to ..

M Clarke
J Trengrove
J Geary
S Dempster
M Johnston
J Drummond

Im leaning towards drummond.. but injury problems are making me second guessing.
Dempster and Geary are preety much the same with Geary being 100k cheaper
Johnston and Trengrove roughly the same players aswell.
And Clarke maybe most possessions with ball, thomas and shaw out... but may aswell receive more attention..

What does everyone think.. ?

Heath Shaw, what is everyone thinking?

He will drop in price when he comes back, and is said to be out for 2 weeks?

I was thinking down to Marty Clarke and pocket the cash for Pendles and Fyfe in coming weeks?

Re: Defender Problems..

Seems that everyone is having problems with their defence this week..

I have grimes, lake and dempsey. Im fine covering two of these for a week, and ive seen dempsey has been named.

But my problem is grimes, he has been on the fringe of my team and not scoring well.
So i want him out this week...

Who does everyone think is the best replacement for a 80+ consistent score..
I have narrowed it to ..

M Clarke
J Trengrove
J Geary
S Dempster
M Johnston
J Drummond

Im leaning towards drummond.. but injury problems are making me second guessing.
Dempster and Geary are preety much the same with Geary being 100k cheaper
Johnston and Trengrove roughly the same players aswell.
And Clarke maybe most possessions with ball, thomas and shaw out... but may aswell receive more attention..

What does everyone think.. ?

Drummond is Supercoach kryptonite, leave him alone. Have you thought about Conca maybe?

Re: Defender Problems..

Drummond is Supercoach kryptonite, leave him alone. Have you thought about Conca maybe?

This.

Dont get sucked in, when he plays he will score well, his style and role suits Super Coach, but at his best he will give you 6-7 games, but why risk it. His price is attractive, but if I was you, i'd be looking at Geary, especially after last night. He looks likely to be a consistent 90 plus player this year.

If Mummy wasn;t a late withdrawal, I would have had Geary this week.

Just a comment in relation to Broughton. I'm glad I held onto him however am concerned that Lyon is only giving him around 62% game time the last few weeks? Anyone know why this might be? He is getting the least amount of game time out of anyone in the side apart from the subs :eek: Despite this still scoring ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carrazzo out, Shaw out, Birchall out, Malceski subbed, Deledio just looks to have done a knee, Yarran not scoring..

These defenders are burning my trades and doing my head in.

Looking at defensive options for a potential upgrade next week... wow what a load of bad.

Coming into this week five defenders were averaging 100+: Goddard, Delidio, Rance, Scotland and Suckling. Suckling would be below an average of 100 now too, and Rance looks to be heading that way.

Looking at defensive options for a potential upgrade next week... wow what a load of bad.

Coming into this week five defenders were averaging 100+: Goddard, Delidio, Rance, Scotland and Suckling. Suckling would be below an average of 100 now too, and Rance looks to be heading that way.

Yeah not much to choose from now, i'm gonna bring in Scotland in the next 2 weeks. Ill be waiting till the byes before I look to upgrade anyone else.

I planned on upgrading 3 of:
Lake,Hargrave, Clarke, Bugg, & Ellis

Might hold off for a while now as all are performing to a degree

Any idea why Hargraves was a late withdrawal? I was really hoping for him to rip it up against GWS.

Still not a lot of quality defenders, what are people's thoughts on the Alex Rance and Scott D Thompson? Neither are in many teams but both scoring well and fairly consistently.

Yeah scotty thompson from north I think has taken the most intercept marks this season and tons up almost everyweek.I didnt know alex was such a good scorer but yeah both are quiet unique picks.

Scotty Thompson is a certain round 12 trade. Have it locked and loaded :)

Still not a lot of quality defenders, what are people's thoughts on the Alex Rance and Scott D Thompson? Neither are in many teams but both scoring well and fairly consistently.

Scott Thompson's 3 round moving average, last 3 seasons.

Capture02.png

Caveat Emptor

I picked him up around rd 10 last year

^ Interesting graph. Slumped mid-season but recovered.

Seems to have started this year better than prior years and with their soft draw he's looking like a good option who is very unique! Thanks.

Scott Thompson's 3 round moving average, last 3 seasons.

Capture02.png

Caveat Emptor

I picked him up around rd 10 last year

They have a friendly fixture. I'd assume that middle drop off will rise to low 70's. I can deal with that.

They have a friendly fixture. I'd assume that middle drop off will rise to low 70's. I can deal with that.
This. Norths fixture makes him a very tastey pick and a nice POD.

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on keeping both Marty Clarke and Hargrave as D6 and D7?? Both scoring well and am seriously considering keeping them for the year.

It would also mean all I need to do is upgrade Bugg to Scotland to finish my defence. It currently lines up as:

Deledio - Goddard - Shaw - Suckling - Bugg - Clarke - Hargrave (Ellis Mohr)

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back