2012 SC Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. Norths fixture makes him a very tastey pick and a nice POD.

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on keeping both Marty Clarke and Hargrave as D6 and D7?? Both scoring well and am seriously considering keeping them for the year.

It would also mean all I need to do is upgrade Bugg to Scotland to finish my defence. It currently lines up as:

Deledio - Goddard - Shaw - Suckling - Bugg - Clarke - Hargrave (Ellis Mohr)

Thoughts?
I'm keeping Hargrave for the rest of the year. He's doing just fine.

I only have to upgrade Bower now after upgrading Bugg. I am one of the dopes who didn't get Lids but oh well. Mine as it stands:

Goddard - Birchall - Broughton - Thompson - Malceski - Hargrave - Bower

Unless Hargraves takes a nose dive he will stay. Has seemed to have found his feet recently and is generally a safe bet for 80-85 plus.

I have a few questions about the defenders.

1. Is Lake more of a premium lock then Hargrave? Would you trade out Hargrave for Lake if he starts to drop off?

2. Is Malceski a lock as a D6 or D7?

3. With Dempsey is he just someone who you wait has risen enough and maxed out that you then upgrade to a premium?

*My backline is certainly the weakest part of my team -

Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, Hargrave, Malceski, Dempsey, Morris.

Cheers everybody,

JM. :D:thumbsu:

1. Is Lake more of a premium lock then Hargrave? Would you trade out Hargrave for Lake if he starts to drop off?

3. With Dempsey is he just someone who you wait has risen enough and maxed out that you then upgrade to a premium?

Cheers everybody,

Your background looks pretty good. I would say Lake will play more games than Hargrave - I reckon his injury will keep him out of a few games towards end of year.
I'm sticking with Cheski. Think he is good value and is still scoring well despite the Swans form slump.Should average around 90 at years end.

Cheers everybody,

I'd say Lake has the edge on Hargraves simply because we know what he can do, and his best is better than Hargraves, but at the moment they are probably par. If Hargraves drops off and Lake is killing it, I would happily trade them.

For me Malceski is not really a lock, and will probably be a keeper for most considering he can score fairly well, and people will be hesitant to waste trades.

It would be the same with Dempsey, alot of people will probably keep him as his role won’t change that much, and he has shown that he is capable of scoring well. If you can afford the trade i'd offload him around the 400-450K mark, as I'd say that’s about wear he sits.

Why would you sideways Hargrave to lake? stupidity. Both will avg the same

Malceski, for what we paid, is too high to burn imo. Luxury trade later on yes but he'll be a good d6/7.

I'd wait to upgrade Dempsey as soon as the cows moo more.

I'm keeping Hargrave for the rest of the year. He's doing just fine.

I only have to upgrade Bower now after upgrading Bugg. I am one of the dopes who didn't get Lids but oh well. Mine as it stands:

Goddard - Birchall - Broughton - Thompson - Malceski - Hargrave - Bower
You definetely need Lids, he is a must!

Surely gotta have other bigger problems than Bugg. Bugg looks fine as a D6-D7 type for now IMO

Bugg is almost maxed out, BE of 77, so cant imaginge he will be making alot more cash from hear on out.

But yeah, your in a good spot if Bugg is your only concern.

Bugg is almost maxed out, BE of 77, so cant imaginge he will be making alot more cash from hear on out.

Bugs 80-90 this week I hope plus bye structure means I am choosing between morris, dempsey and hargrave as to who goes for Scotland, with no Murphy and carazzo Scotland will score huge.

Bugs 80-90 this week I hope plus bye structure means I am choosing between morris, dempsey and hargrave as to who goes for Scotland, with no Murphy and carazzo Scotland will score huge.

I'd be letting Morris go based on potential scores. Hargraves and Dempsey seem to be up and down, but will out score Morris easily. It seems that Morris will be taking on more shut down roles now, so he wont be scoring huge (Not that he ever did anyways :p).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I got it the first time :p

Similar thing was said about Devon Smith a few weeks back, and I stupidly got rid.

Bugg has had mutiple games with possession counts in the high 20's. Now I haven't actually seen that much of him, but it seems like he may have the scoring potential to get into the 80's with his average. Which to me is a keeper as a 6th defender. But would also mean he still has some cash to make.

Similar thing was said about Devon Smith a few weeks back, and I stupidly got rid.

Bugg has had mutiple games with possession counts in the high 20's. Now I haven't actually seen that much of him, but it seems like he may have the scoring potential to get into the 80's with his average. Which to me is a keeper as a 6th defender. But would also mean he still has some cash to make.

He is one of their better scorers, but I think he will struggle to maintain an 80 average for the rest of the season. He should make a little more cash, but I dont think you would be sorry if you traded him out now.

Bugg has found a niche as a negating defensive player and tagger. I would normally see a kid through his BE, but Bugg won't score like he did early on when he just went after the ball.

They have found a role for him, a la Kennedy, and the scores will be around 50-70.

I hope so anyway :p

Hargraves is the bane of my back line. :rolleyes:

I mean c'mon, stop being a spud!

This ^^
how can someone playing lose in defence score like such a spud.

He needs to kick it more, doing pissy little back wards handballs is useless. Useless for the Dogs and for my supercoach team.

Is it time to get rid of Malceski? Really disappointed from his performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back