2012 SC Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're looking for the running Swans half back flanker, keep an eye out for Tony Armstrong. Cheaper too.....

Yeah Cheers mate, im not looking for anyone particular, im just casting an eye over all Defenders, i know who i have in mind for trade upgrades throughout the year im just really curious about R.Shaw, i think he holds abit of value especially considering the Swans draw and the retirement of Kennelly!

In your opinion Chards do you like the odds of him being able to reach his 08/09 averages with all the things that are in his favor?

As i mentioned in the Swans SC/DT Q's thread i only need him till your rd 12 bye and his SC Gold projections look like thats the prime time to make the most money off him and when he's at his peak!

Yeah Cheers mate, im not looking for anyone particular, im just casting an eye over all Defenders, i know who i have in mind for trade upgrades throughout the year im just really curious about R.Shaw, i think he holds abit of value especially considering the Swans draw and the retirement of Kennelly!

In your opinion Chards do you like the odds of him being able to reach his 08/09 averages with all the things that are in his favor?

As i mentioned in the Swans SC/DT Q's thread i only need him till your rd 12 bye and his SC Gold projections look like thats the prime time to make the most money off him and when he's at his peak!

I see him being the new Kennelly/Malceski. He was recruited for his foot skills and running ability. Watch him in the NAB cup. From memory, he's about $280k which is very awkwardly priced but he could really go bang this year.

Re: Marty Clarke is missing the first round of the NAB Cup.

i wouldnt be jumping off just yet, doesnt sound like anything serious

Is anyone else finding the defenders by far the hardest positions to fill?

While there are a lot of tough decisions to be made in the other positions there simply isn't enough defenders who I actually want in my side! Most players I find reasons for not having them. Desperately hoping the Nab Cup provides some answers.

Goddard, Scotland, Deledio and Fisher are in for me. I'd be interested to see if anyone can make a good point for not including them.

What is with everyone's fascination with Jack Grimes?

In a season where it has never been more important to keep all your players on the park with the byes I'm seeing so many teams with him. Even when he's fit he's not in the Deledio/Goddard/Scotland/Shaw/Newman/Fisher echelon of backs.

Unless I haven't heard something that everyone else has fill me in!

In a season where it has never been more important to keep all your players on the park with the byes I'm seeing so many teams with him. Even when he's fit he's not in the Deledio/Goddard/Scotland/Shaw/Newman/Fisher echelon of backs.

It's a risk, yes, but he is the new captain - so we are assuming he will lift even more so.
Whilst not the best scorer, he is priced cheap for his average. He can pull out the decent score here and there, the problem is him staying on the field... at this stage I have him... but could swap to Lake instead... though to be honest, both aren't overly promising

Apparently he is looking prime, and alot of people will take the punt on him staying on the park. Has proven with consistent games that he can hold his own as a premium back, and given his last injury wasnt soft tissue, id say most people think this will be his year. Still a risk IMO.

Considering Fisher, but I'm inclined to agree with Selective Attention. Cant see Fisher playing as free this year given the lose of experienced backs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who do people rate as the best Rnd 11 bye defender?

anyone got any ideas who will replace leon davis in the collingwood half back/quarter back rebounding role? surely that position is super coach gold

anyone got any ideas who will replace leon davis in the collingwood half back/quarter back rebounding role? surely that position is super coach gold

M.Clarke?

Maxwell needs a new role

Everything that I've heard is that Clarke has been training mid/fwd under bucks. I remember a story last year that he went home after he fell out with Malthouse because he didn't want to play back.

With Shaw and O'Brien do they even need a replacement player running out of the backline? Even someone like Daisy could sweep back from midfield and start attacks.

With Shaw and O'Brien do they even need a replacement player running out of the backline? Even someone like Daisy could sweep back from midfield and start attacks.
Correct. Look at the 2010 line up, there were the same players in defense as there are in 2012 (swap Prestigiacomo for Tarrant) and Davis was up forward. There may not be a role to fill.

Another thing to be aware about Shaw is that he will get a few run-with roles, and maybe defensive forward roles on top of that, he'll be good for about 70-80pts a game at best but is on the wrong side of 30 and is prone to the odd turnover.

Agree with previous poster, Armstrong will have more upside and Malceski will have more scope too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back