2012 SC Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dangerfield had a blinder against Brisbane yesterday. Could this be the year he goes from cameo king to outright star?

Possibly, against Brisbane not entirely the best guide though, particularly with the squad the Lions sent over to the Alice to play.

If people don't have Porps in their team.. I suggest they look long and hard at him. He's in for a big year barring injury. He's a risk as his shoulder has had a long history of problems but from all reports he's ready to go. Played a quarter and a bit and racked it up. Looks like he might play a bit of midfield this year ala Chapman style.

Dangerfield had a blinder against Brisbane yesterday. Could this be the year he goes from cameo king to outright star?

If he can back it up next week against Collingwood then he'll be under big consideration.

So I've got 490k to spend on a forward not quite enough for a genuine premium, very frustrating...

Anyway any thoughts on the best option would be greatly appreciated?

atm I've got Dangerfield +61k after his impressive performance recently. No one else jumps out at me. Higgins has burnt me before, don't trust Riewoldt or Mitch Clark, Brown's injured etc.

So I've got 490k to spend on a forward not quite enough for a genuine premium, very frustrating...

Anyway any thoughts on the best option would be greatly appreciated?

atm I've got Dangerfield +61k after his impressive performance recently. No one else jumps out at me. Higgins has burnt me before, don't trust Riewoldt or Mitch Clark, Brown's injured etc.

Adelaide have 4 of the easiest teams to score against in the first 5 rounds, so should score well early. Unfortunately you can't expect a massive price hike early due to his crux round being against the ball monopolisers away.

In plain English I expect him to score approx 110,100,70,110,100 in the first 5 rounds.

Yep.. Dangerfield looks good this year. That said I got Franklin, Fyfe, and Martin so far. Would you go Stevie J or Goodes as the 4th premium??

Yep.. Dangerfield looks good this year. That said I got Franklin, Fyfe, and Martin so far. Would you go Stevie J or Goodes as the 4th premium??

Would go Goodes ahead of SJ.. Better consistant scorer who should again be around the 100+ppg mark.

Struggling to find a couple of mid pricers up forward, have slotted Porplyzia in after his game last night, also had Dangerfield since the get go (am expecting that breakout year in 2012), couple of mid priced options I am looking at are Ben McGlynn ($407,800) who has been a very consistantly good scorer, dropped a little on average in 2011 (down from 89 from 15 games in 2010 to 75 from 22 games in 2011).

Few options around that could 'take that step' from being a 70 - 80 ppg player to 90+ ppg player.

- Chris Knights
- Todd Banfield
- Tom Hawkins
- Hayden Ballantyne
- Johnathan Brown (could he return to his best? probably not!)

Have had Zaharakis in my team for a month but Dangerfield is likely to tip him out on current form.

Currently I have Buddy, Martin, Cloke , Zaha for the 490k and above range but would feel a little more comfortable with a mid ranger alongside them for some reason.

Im not sold on Bate or any other forward around the 300k mark, will look at Butcher but key forwards, especially young ones can be all over the place, will be hard to find a decent 5th forward. Am actually considering Cripps from the Saints if his body is right but anything can happen between now and round 1

All this Patrick Dangerfield love, I love it!

Yep, everyone get on him asap!!!

Enjoy getting burned after like round 6 when he has already had 4, 12-possession games. lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would go Goodes ahead of SJ.. Better consistant scorer who should again be around the 100+ppg mark.

Struggling to find a couple of mid pricers up forward, have slotted Porplyzia in after his game last night, also had Dangerfield since the get go (am expecting that breakout year in 2012), couple of mid priced options I am looking at are Ben McGlynn ($407,800) who has been a very consistantly good scorer, dropped a little on average in 2011 (down from 89 from 15 games in 2010 to 75 from 22 games in 2011).

Few options around that could 'take that step' from being a 70 - 80 ppg player to 90+ ppg player.

- Chris Knights
- Todd Banfield
- Tom Hawkins
- Hayden Ballantyne
- Johnathan Brown (could he return to his best? probably not!)

Knights: Promising for a while, a few will get sucked in but I would stay away.

Banfield: I was considering him but unless he gets midfield time I would not get him.

Hawkins: I feel he will average around 90, could be a good get.

Ballantyne: Could have a ripper of a year depending on how he gets played, Tempter to get aboard.

Brown: Cant see him getting back to his best but I can see him averaging 95ppg.

What are peoples thoughts on Brent Harvey, at the start of the NAB cup I wasn't considering him but he has looked good from what I have seen. 19 disposals in a half yesterday and 3 goals last week while playing more up forward. Still think he will average 25 disposals a game and depending how much time he plays up forward he could kick you 2-4 goals.

All this Patrick Dangerfield love, I love it!

Yep, everyone get on him asap!!!

Enjoy getting burned after like round 6 when he has already had 4, 12-possession games. lol
Especially For 6k more you can get J-Roo, call me bias.
With marks on the lead being worth more this year and Roo taking clunks up the ground he'll be right up there. Will average 3-4 goals per game. Nearly won the coleman last year even injury plagued all year. Watch him explode

Guys, so much love for Dangerfield right now, so the question has to be asked.

My forwards right now are

Goodes - Fyfe - Martin - Petrie - Zaharakis - Smith - Saad

Now Smith and Saad are a bit whatever at the moment, rookies change weekly if they have a blinder or a stinker, but my question is

Goodes + Petrie or Franklin + Dangerfield + 58k?

Franklin + Dangerfield. Don't think Petrie will pull out the scores he did last year.

I had a choice of buddy v fyfe and went fyfe. Midfielders will always do better in the long term tan forwards. Also less likely to get suspended

Buddy traded in after the bye at a $60k discount

Buddy will be playing more midfield this year which only adds to his lock status. 20+ possessions 3 goals per game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back