2012 SC Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rucks are crucial this year! With 4 or 5 serious rookies to consider is anyone going to pick COX and SANDILANDS in their starting sides?

Rucks are crucial this year! With 4 or 5 serious rookies to consider is anyone going to pick COX and SANDILANDS in their starting sides?

Cox, yes, Sandi, no. With the emergence of Clarke and Griffin, I cant see Sandi spending as much tim in the ruck. Add that to the injury concerns, and for me he is off the market.

Cox, yes, Sandi, no. With the emergence of Clarke and Griffin, I cant see Sandi spending as much tim in the ruck. Add that to the injury concerns, and for me he is off the market.

agreed. i think the best would be cox and mumford (instead of sandilands). personally with the rookies going around and other viable ruck options (mcevoy, berger etc) i wont be taking both to start

For those doubting Sandilands. Don't pick him!!!

Last year he averaged 121 points in the first 8 games before Motlop (Port) stepped on his foot.

Harvey (allegedly) forced him back early only to re-injure his foot and finally return for the last 4 games of the season and averaged 106 (while playing underdone).

Sandi has been running with no sign of toe problems since the players return from holiday in November last year and is quoted saying:
"My body's really good, my foot's got no issues and I'm back doing a bit of running now, and it's pulling up well," Sandilands said.

"It was a one-off injury and I've been doing a lot of strength work with it, so all the muscles around the area are nice and strong now, so I shouldn't have any issues with it.

Lyon has got him to lose a few kilos and has improved his endurance and just recently come out unscathed from the intra club and NAB Cup matches.

Sandi is the 4th highest priced ruckman at $600,500 which is a 60k less than Cox. With the first match of the season against a Geelong side (without a star ruckman) he could have a field day!

With Griffin missing most of the preseason with hip and hammy problems and Zac Clarke training mostly in the forward line... Sandi looks set to hold the number 1 job all season (with possibility for a rest towards the end).

In light of all these facts I would recommend all Supercoachers to stay away from him...

...and let me have the P.O.D! :D

Last year he averaged 121 points in the first 8 games before Motlop (Port) stepped on his foot.

Harvey (allegedly) forced him back early only to re-injure his foot and finally return for the last 4 games of the season and averaged 106 (while playing underdone).

Sandi has been running with no sign of toe problems since the players return from holiday in November last year and is quoted saying:

Lyon has got him to lose a few kilos and has improved his endurance and just recently come out unscathed from the intra club and NAB Cup matches.

Sandi is the 4th highest priced ruckman at $600,500 which is a 60k less than Cox. With the first match of the season against a Geelong side (without a star ruckman) he could have a field day!

With Griffin missing most of the preseason with hip and hammy problems and Zac Clarke training mostly in the forward line... Sandi looks set to hold the number 1 job all season (with possibility for a rest towards the end).

In light of all these facts I would recommend all Supercoachers to stay away from him...

lol nice post.... Throw is some steak knives and I'm sold :D

I agree, take on a top ruck, that MAY do what you've said & then sit him on the bench in SC finals, which you said.

Not questioning is ability to play, the fact he played first round NAB cup should mean he is fit for round 1.

My issue is that he didn't look like he was moving as freely has he had in the past, during the NAB Game. And even though he will be number 1 ruck, Clarke and Griffen will still be demanding time in the middle, limiting time for Sandi. Given Lyon may not want to risk playing him forward, unless he is really needed, when he isn't rucking, there's a good chance he will be resting on the pine. Add that to the fact that he will most likely miss games throughout the year, and all of a sudden he becomes a problem for coaches.

Even in your quote, he says "I’m back doing a bit of running now, and it's pulling up well" and that "I shouldn't have any issues", his words are very indistinct. For me to be sold he should be saying that he is back running at full tilt, with no ongoing issues at all. Doing a bit of running doesn't exactly shout full recovery.

I am in a massive dilemma with the rucks right now!!!

Currently have Berger and Kruezer starting with the popular Giles and Big O on the bench.

I am thinking of downgrading Kruezer and starting Giles to pocket 350k and upgrading a forward i need but i am a bit gun shy! :cool:

Unsure as to what Giles will score with Brogan in the team and i have massive hopes for Kruez this year and i think a 90-95 average will be achieved easily. Kruezer will be floating from the ruck to forward line and will take a heap of marks that are massive scoring wise especially when contested. His NAB form has been excellent and i expect big things honestly and scores to reflect it but cannot bring myself to drop him!

Anyone else starting Giles with a premium?? I don't think Giles will be a Z Smith from last year but i have been wrong before!!

Starting a rookie ruck is a massive risk IMO.

H Mac having a ripper game.

21 touches, 8 marks, 13 hitouts, 3 tackles.

Good price @ 364k :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feeling like a massive goose. Traded out H-Mac and decided to go with mummy and giles starting with Stephenson and Rowe on the bench

Now seriously considering going Cox and Hmac, but struggling to find money to make these trades, unless i downgrade a midfield premium (ablett, swan, selwood and murphy currently)

Feeling like a massive goose. Traded out H-Mac and decided to go with mummy and giles starting with Stephenson and Rowe on the bench

Now seriously considering going Cox and Hmac, but struggling to find money to make these trades, unless i downgrade a midfield premium (ablett, swan, selwood and murphy currently)

Murphy is a gun but i feel he is a bit overpriced this year. Gibbs will be spending a heap of time in the middle this year and there are only so many points to go around with Juddy and Simpson etc etc! I see Murph as an upgrade target for me as he needs a 120 pt game to break even every week.

Scotty Thompson and Swallow ( North ) are great alternatives that will get you 100+ every week and 40k cheaper. Thompson has some massive projections and the Crows have a soft draw.

My rucks are now Kruez and H Mac and that is staying as is! I can see a lot of the big name rucks dropping a bit this year and then i am swooping on them!

My first 2 picked...cox and hmac. Easy decision

Still unsure of Giles/Stephensen combo, but that will most likely stay

My first 2 picked...cox and hmac. Easy decision

Still unsure of Giles/Stephensen combo, but that will most likely stay
I don't understand how players can pick a ruck in supercoach who is 2nd in line at his club for ruck duties? (McIntosh).

Won't average over 100 either

I don't understand how players can pick a ruck in supercoach who is 2nd in line at his club for ruck duties? (McIntosh).

Won't average over 100 either

Not looking for a 100 average.

If he can get me 75/80 average with 1 100+ score every month, then i will be happy.

Any more is a bonus. for 364k, it's helping me in other areas

Not looking for a 100 average.

If he can get me 75/80 average with 1 100+ score every month, then i will be happy.

Any more is a bonus. for 364k, it's helping me in other areas
In the grand scheme of things, picking a 364k player that you aren't going to keep for the whole year (surely you aren't keeping him for the whole year), is a waste of money, and a waste of a trade.

Why not spend 200k more and get Leuenberger and have him for the whole year? Or at least Giles who could probably even average more than him this year.

In the grand scheme of things, picking a 364k player that you aren't going to keep for the whole year (surely you aren't keeping him for the whole year), is a waste of money, and a waste of a trade.

Why not spend 200k more and get Leuenberger and have him for the whole year? Or at least Giles who could probably even average more than him this year.

I'm confident McIntosh will play the whole year, and play well.

H Mac having a ripper game.

21 touches, 8 marks, 13 hitouts, 3 tackles.

Good price @ 364k :thumbsu:

No Goldstein remember. But thats an impressive game for a big man in the wet.

(correction: Goldy played the 1st half)

I still think ruck should be set and forget. You need 2 guys who will average over the ton all year.
Is HMac gonna do that with Goldy the recognised #1?
Kreuzer, with Hampton and Warnock in the same team? If Wingnut Ratten announced tomorrow that Kreuzer will be first choice ruckman all year maybe. As a tall forward/backup ruckman no.

Whats the consensus on Port's Redden for a spot on the bench?

No Goldstein remember. But thats an impressive game for a big man in the wet.

I still think ruck should be set and forget. You need 2 guys who will average over the ton all year.
Is HMac gonna do that with Goldy the recognised #1?
Kreuzer, with Hampton and Warnock in the same team? If Wingnut Ratten announced tomorrow that Kreuzer will be first choice ruckman all year maybe. As a tall forward/backup ruckman no.

Whats the consensus on Port's Redden for a spot on the bench?

I was a massive goldy fan last year, based on the fact that the kangas no:1 ruck (mcintosh) was out. Remember goldy only became the number one when mc was out.... i don't have him at present but he is the best value ruck in the bunch IMHO.
Redden defintely on the radar - Primus rates young keen ruckmen and Redden certainly fills that description. Guess the bench is really a battle of 6 blokes, Giles, Big O, Derickx, Redden, Ceglar or Witts (someone from the pies will be given a go as back up ruckmen and it wont be Cameron Wood0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back