2012 SEQAFL Division 2 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one team mate. I dont play, I just am a local footy follower.

Well said megaman, I have to agree that the professionalism of that club will go throught he roof. I cant speak out of any knowledge of this comp but when you start talking winning flags, it's not your best 6 that win you a flag its your bottom 6. If the the top 6 can drag the level of the bottom group up now your starting to get somewhere!
p.s Megaman did you frequent alot of Sandgate games over the last couple of years?

I watched a fair few sandgate games mate. Saw a few caboolture and Redcliffe games as well, be interesting to see how they handle the step up.

Looks like Wynnum has a new coach Darren Ferguson from the NT. Talk was Wynnum didn't have a coach set in place before Christmas. Ferguson is looking to implement Ross Lyons Methods. I hope it's methods and not game plan. Lol

Looks like Vikings will be fielding a pretty young squad this year. If i recall i dont think the 18's where that impressive at all last year.

Long time no see..

good to back in the country after spending the summer working in the states...

looks like theres a bit happening...

yeronga found the check book...(wonder how much AFLQ have helped with this) having there head office there surely would help some how...

brock machines comment does baffle me... from the sounds of it the players they have picked up are key position players CHB CHF FF etc...
quote "notting would be a massive chance to kick a 100 goals with yerongas midfield"... what midfield?? there team won the spoon... and being a supporter of Alex hills... our very young midfield managed too touch them up on both occasions last year??

thundville seems to be on the money and i have seen at a few clubs with deep pockets attract big names from interstate or whatever....high leagues even.
but when the going gets tough.. travel etc wet games...cold nights.....blokes go missing ...cos lets be honest they wouldnt be playing there for free...

meagman is on the money 6 players doesnt change everything...they will be beatable...teams that play together year by year develop together they start to go places...

BOC -your right about the draw (has it been released?) i cant beleive its only 16 rounds again IMO too short...sort of sort of worked with 8 teams but with 12.. its a stupid idea i think atleast 18.... max 20???

interesting to see how caloundra travel...havent lost a game last season so how i think this might work against them....havent played in a close game either.....

Not much news out of the Alex camp.......simlar faces around the club again... couple of old faces from the 2009 GF making an apperence but no word on commmitment yet...
will be a young side for the 3rd year a row in 2013

My ladder predictions

1. Yeronga (its hard no to with the names on paper)
2. Aspley
3. cooparoo
4. Robina
5. Alex hills
6. Nambour
7. Caloundra
8. kenmore
9. redcliffe
10.kedron
11.wynumm
12. Calboture

Still early days but i think theres a good 4-6 team that could take the flag

Long time no see..

yeronga found the check book...(wonder how much AFLQ have helped with this) having there head office there surely would help some how...

brock machines comment does baffle me... from the sounds of it the players they have picked up are key position players CHB CHF FF etc...
quote "notting would be a massive chance to kick a 100 goals with yerongas midfield"... what midfield?? there team won the spoon... and being a supporter of Alex hills... our very young midfield managed too touch them up on both occasions last year??

thundville seems to be on the money and i have seen at a few clubs with deep pockets attract big names from interstate or whatever....high leagues even.
but when the going gets tough.. travel etc wet games...cold nights.....blokes go missing ...cos lets be honest they wouldnt be playing there for free...

meagman is on the money 6 players doesnt change everything...they will be beatable...teams that play together year by year develop together they start to go places...

BOC -your right about the draw (has it been released?) i cant beleive its only 16 rounds again IMO too short...sort of sort of worked with 8 teams but with 12.. its a stupid idea i think atleast 18.... max 20???

interesting to see how caloundra travel...havent lost a game last season so how i think this might work against them....havent played in a close game either.....

Not much news out of the Alex camp.......simlar faces around the club again... couple of old faces from the 2009 GF making an apperence but no word on commmitment yet...

My ladder predictions

2. Aspley
3. cooparoo
4. Robina
5. Alex hills
6. Nambour
7. Caloundra
8. kenmore
9. redcliffe
10.kedron
11.wynumm
12. Calboture

Caloundra haven't played a competitive game of footy for let alone lost a game for 12 mths. Last year was really just kick and giggle for them. I know premierships at any level can be savoured but not sure this one is one that is going to go down in the Panthers history as a memorable year. Saying this reckon they will be competitive as will Nambour this year. Both sides are recruiting as well as topping up with some juniors.

Long time no see..

My ladder predictions

2. Aspley
3. cooparoo
4. Robina
5. Alex hills
6. Nambour
7. Caloundra
8. kenmore
9. redcliffe
10.kedron
11.wynumm
12. Calboture

Read it carefully Stanley . Notting a big chance to kick 100 EVEN with yerongas midfield . Which Notting will be more of a midfielder than a forward as our forward line is already super strong with other recruits playing forward he will mainly play midfield if all goes according to plan . Are practice matches organised by aflq or clubs to organise there own??

Organise own i think this year Devils - know this is what my club is doing. Reckon Stanley is barking up the wrong tree re the AFLQ "assisting" Yeronga completely (they couldn't give a rats if the home club is successful or not I would think) with recruits but is it just mates these blokes are being attracted by? Devils have worked pretty hard to get themselves up and about again I'd think after a few mistakes at the end of the nineties caused a major slide from one of the better clubs in the old BAFL. Surely major bucks aren't changing hands?

Organise own i think this year Devils - know this is what my club is doing. Reckon Stanley is barking up the wrong tree re the AFLQ "assisting" Yeronga completely (they couldn't give a rats if the home club is successful or not I would think) with recruits but is it just mates these blokes are being attracted by? Devils have worked pretty hard to get themselves up and about again I'd think after a few mistakes at the end of the nineties caused a major slide from one of the better clubs in the old BAFL. Surely major bucks aren't changing hands?

A great bunch of guys and a very proud club . Yes indeed mates if mates this has contributed a lot with our 5 execptional recruits no $$$$ getting around the club and I tend to agree with ure comment on the aflq and helping , we are the least of there concerns as long as we don't trash the ground they at generally happy . I'm sure other clubs have had 5-10 new players this preseason !!! We are just very fortunate that 5 of ours are guns and well known around qld footy even if hey are older heads we feel this is what we needed to steer the devils shop in the right direction in 2013.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeronga have Tim Notting...does it matter where he plays? I'm sure he will be VERY handy as a key position or midfielder! Mugavin has an enormous rep as a gun forward, u only have to do a coaching course in this state & u'll find out that.. Devils Child I saw 2 games in the 2012 Div 3 season & was following this thread (& several others) and 1 of them was the GF, i have since checked the numbers but Flower was insignificant on the day & the thread had spoken of his defection from Calamvale the season prior.. In saying this he seemed to be an unaccountable wingman? (poor coaching i believe) Instead of a dangerous forward, I'm sure if he & Mugavin can demand the forward 65m they will do well.

Yeronga have Tim Notting...does it matter where he plays? I'm sure he will be VERY handy as a key position or midfielder! Mugavin has an enormous rep as a gun forward, u only have to do a coaching course in this state & u'll find out that.. Devils Child I saw 2 games in the 2012 Div 3 season & was following this thread (& several others) and 1 of them was the GF, i have since checked the numbers but Flower was insignificant on the day & the thread had spoken of his defection from Calamvale the season prior.. In saying this he seemed to be an unaccountable wingman? (poor coaching i believe) Instead of a dangerous forward, I'm sure if he & Mugavin can demand the forward 65m they will do well.

Agree with all ure comments , we also noticed this footy we are planning on playing him forward as when he was at Calamvale he kicked 90 odd goals so we are hoping him returning to that sort of form . Any way how have other clubs recruited ?? Any other clubs recruited well???

A great bunch of guys and a very proud club . Yes indeed mates if mates this has contributed a lot with our 5 execptional recruits no $$$$ getting around the club and I tend to agree with ure comment on the aflq and helping , we are the least of there concerns as long as we don't trash the ground they at generally happy . I'm sure other clubs have had 5-10 new players this preseason !!! We are just very fortunate that 5 of ours are guns and well known around qld footy even if hey are older heads we feel this is what we needed to steer the devils shop in the right direction in 2013.
Better check your resource about money changing hands because I know for a fact that one of those player is getting paid. And it's nothing to sneeze at either.

Agree with all ure comments , we also noticed this footy we are planning on playing him forward as when he was at Calamvale he kicked 90 odd goals so we are hoping him returning to that sort of form . Any way how have other clubs recruited ?? Any other clubs recruited well???

One recruit I know of is Boeh Davies to Robina. Davies played in 2012 for Broadbeach,... played nearly every game in the seniors and whilst not a star, was a pretty good performer. Will be a very good player at this level.. good pick up for Robina.

Didn't John grant the head of the Nrl commission play juniors for yeronga??? Maybe he is throwing the cash around so his old club wins a flag. I don't think his rugby league mates will like that !

finally found the fixture (thanks to the div 1 page) .... 16 rounds is a rip job for this comp...

Some teams will get better draws then others...eg playing nambour caloundra or robina twice means roadtrips..

I have to say i am a massive fan of a 12 team comp...provides more contests and is more exciting to watch IMO.. i know nambour are very successful club but robina struggled when they came up 2 years back...

and they used to dominate teams back in div 3. what i am getting at is that i hope redcliffe calboutrue and nambour can all compete...it would be a stupid concept if these 3 teams finished in the bottom 4-5 hopefuly atleast 1 plays finals which leads me to another question?

12 teams... top 5? or top 6? last year there were 8 teams with a top 5.....so surely top 6 this year?

Does anyone wanna have a go at the following as we do each years?

Leading goalkicker- Muggsy

League medal - Notting if he plays the whole season if not Campbell for Alex could be a show Plummer if kenmore go alright.

Premiers - Yeronga

Spoon - Kedron

Big improvers - Alex - robina

Top 6
Yeronga
cooparoo
Caloundra
Alex
aspley
Nambour
Robina 7th

finally found the fixture (thanks to the div 1 page) .... 16 rounds is a rip job for this comp...

Some teams will get better draws then others...eg playing nambour caloundra or robina twice means roadtrips..

I have to say i am a massive fan of a 12 team comp...provides more contests and is more exciting to watch IMO.. i know nambour are very successful club but robina struggled when they came up 2 years back...

and they used to dominate teams back in div 3. what i am getting at is that i hope redcliffe calboutrue and nambour can all compete...it would be a stupid concept if these 3 teams finished in the bottom 4-5 hopefuly atleast 1 plays finals which leads me to another question?

12 teams... top 5? or top 6? last year there were 8 teams with a top 5.....so surely top 6 this year?

Does anyone wanna have a go at the following as we do each years?

Leading goalkicker- Muggsy

League medal - Notting if he plays the whole season if not Campbell for Alex could be a show Plummer if kenmore go alright.

Premiers - Yeronga

Spoon - Kedron

Big improvers - Alex - robina

Top 6
Yeronga
cooparoo
Caloundra
Alex
aspley
Nambour
Robina 7th

Agree with all your tips Stanley except Alex won't improve I reckon they may just scrap into the finals. But I wouldn't expect them to set the world on fire . How's my will muggsy kick to win the Goal kicking??

Reckon it will be 2 geographical comps (north/south) pretty soon for Div 2 / 3 with no basis of ability. In due course this will even out the clubs. As you alluded to Stanley, road trips seem to kill clubs at the lower levels although Caloundra managed ok 2 years ago! Think more guys would play if there was less travelling.
Agree re 16 games - minimum 18 for all comps it should be imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back