2012 SEQAFL Division 2 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stanley - no not #11 - thats our coach - over 320 games with the club and a handful of premierships - when alex sent 37 to him we figured the best tihng to do was get him deep in the forward line and ended up working well. It did however push me up the ground and I got sick of hitting him lace out haha. Much prefer the comfort of the 3 white lines that are the goal square as shaqsun will confirm I would currently struggle to run out of sight on a dark night!!

RUL - yeah have a feeling ur 2's would be hoping we get beat. the last 3 times we have played them (last game last year and 2 this year) have been good games and we think we know what it takes to beat you ( getting the opportunity though will be the tough part). We had the kings measure early in the year but they beat us on the smaller ground about a month ago - we have no expectations or pressure and i think it showed that again on the weekend - should be a ripping game with lots of support for them from their seniors and would think some interested on lookers in ur boys. I think its fair to say if we do beat the kings that win or lose the week after i will be having a million beers so happy to accept the bet!

Stanley - no not #11 - thats our coach - over 320 games with the club and a handful of premierships - when alex sent 37 to him we figured the best tihng to do was get him deep in the forward line and ended up working well. It did however push me up the ground and I got sick of hitting him lace out haha. Much prefer the comfort of the 3 white lines that are the goal square as shaqsun will confirm I would currently struggle to run out of sight on a dark night!!

RUL - yeah have a feeling ur 2's would be hoping we get beat. the last 3 times we have played them (last game last year and 2 this year) have been good games and we think we know what it takes to beat you ( getting the opportunity though will be the tough part). We had the kings measure early in the year but they beat us on the smaller ground about a month ago - we have no expectations or pressure and i think it showed that again on the weekend - should be a ripping game with lots of support for them from their seniors and would think some interested on lookers in ur boys. I think its fair to say if we do beat the kings that win or lose the week after i will be having a million beers so happy to accept the bet!

Come what may, I want to leave Grand Final day with 2012 with a smile on my face. Be that part of a Premiership team or having a few beers with good footy people, I don't intend to leave crying, thats for sure!

King Reserves looked very tough. Their #34 certainly was getting plenty of it in the midfield and up forward

Mate, no doubt we will go in again as the underdogs. The challenge is before them now. The weight of expectation shouldn't be there because no one gave us a chance last year, this year or now that we have lost, NOW.

The real difference on Saturday from my perspective was the ball on Saturday. Our passes and kicks didn't stick, and the Kings midfield around the stoppages were beautiful. Everything just stuck for them in the stoppages. Can't deny that.

We stopped them and beat them twice this year, so they are beatable. There is no such thing as perfection or all-powerful.

Wait a minute! You're not in the granny yet. I'm tipping Kenmore in a major upset. :p

How come you boys aren't hosting the match?

disappointing way for us to finish the year on the weekend - good luck to both Uni and Kings on the weekend.
For what its worth I think the 2's game will be fairly close early - Kings were all over us like a cheap suit but slowed to almost a walk after half time for the second week in a row - a cpl of older and bigger bodied boys through the middle really felt the pinch on wynnum's ground in the sun.
I tip the Lions to run over the top of them in the second half for back to back arrogant premierships :)

Seniors is hopefully a great game - that week off will have done the Kings the world of good and I think that may just be the difference but a real toss of the coin job and either result wont surprise.

disappointing way for us to finish the year on the weekend - good luck to both Uni and Kings on the weekend.
For what its worth I think the 2's game will be fairly close early - Kings were all over us like a cheap suit but slowed to almost a walk after half time for the second week in a row - a cpl of older and bigger bodied boys through the middle really felt the pinch on wynnum's ground in the sun.
I tip the Lions to run over the top of them in the second half for back to back arrogant premierships :)

Seniors is hopefully a great game - that week off will have done the Kings the world of good and I think that may just be the difference but a real toss of the coin job and either result wont surprise.

BOC – A big couple of days I take it? It’s good to see you back and condolences mate but still a fantastic effort by you and the boys …. Well done.

Moro - yeah a pretty solid post season review conducted from saturday to monday!!

We had a cpl of late withdrawals with the flu and injuries and its just so hard to cover that in a 2's team - fair play to both uni and kings for having both teams in the gf - must have some excellent depth.

special mention to the femal goal umpire on the weekend - potentially a deliberate ploy to have me not leave the goal square which worked a treat...

Moro - yeah a pretty solid post season review conducted from saturday to monday!!

We had a cpl of late withdrawals with the flu and injuries and its just so hard to cover that in a 2's team - fair play to both uni and kings for having both teams in the gf - must have some excellent depth.

special mention to the femal goal umpire on the weekend - potentially a deliberate ploy to have me not leave the goal square which worked a treat...
Geez BOC she's young enough to be your daughter but still i get where your coming from. Are you or any Robina boys venturing to the GF on Saturday?

mate, she looked about 15.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hahaha that was bait for shaqsun - he has form with the barely legals :)

In all seriousness good to see younger umpires both field, boundary and goal of both sexes over the finals series.

Not sure at this stage Moro - a few boys have interest in the div 3 gf and the PHC prelim being played on the same day so not a great idea from a scheduling point of view.

Hahaha, sorry to disappoint shaqsuns. Absolutely nervous for all 44 of me boys running out there tomorrow.

As far as banter goes, never seems to matter what is said, no one ever wins behind a keyboard. I just look forward to one of the best days of the footy calandar, having a nice day and hopefully enjoying a very historic day for UQAFC.

And RE: being at two grounds at one, I've stuck with the D2 boys this year in the role I got. The D3 boys I've trained with and might have a run with next year if I can get my niggling injuries. I'm sure a few posters in the D3 forum will be welcoming that news and shining their elbows up :p

RUL - good luck in both grades - to win both is a pretty special acheivement and makes it a ripper end of the year.

As above i think u will split it 1 each.

Ill be about 6 beers deep into a bucks party before kick off in the 2's tomorrow - but look forward to finding out the result. Enjoy the beers that are sure to flow.

Hahaha, sorry to disappoint shaqsuns. Absolutely nervous for all 44 of me boys running out there tomorrow.

As far as banter goes, never seems to matter what is said, no one ever wins behind a keyboard. I just look forward to one of the best days of the footy calandar, having a nice day and hopefully enjoying a very historic day for UQAFC.

And RE: being at two grounds at one, I've stuck with the D2 boys this year in the role I got. The D3 boys I've trained with and might have a run with next year if I can get my niggling injuries. I'm sure a few posters in the D3 forum will be welcoming that news and shining their elbows up :p
great to hear Uni got done again, Could not happen to a better club two years in a row :p :p :p :p :p

Lay your hate on me, haters.

Big congratulations to King. Better team, no denying that. Looks like everyones predictions were right.

still a great day for my club. Tonnes of emotion afterwards. Partying happening down now with silly sunday. Thats it for me, im calling it quits with my role. Look forward to just watching my club play in 2013.

Again, congratulations to the best team of 2012

Another quality game of footy from the benchmark teams of the past 24 months.

Kings old hard bodies have got it done again - didn't allow the Red Lions to get out wide where they enjoy the play and yet again Hugh Millikan couldn't tell you what brand of football they use on GF day and if it wasn't for Damien Hughes at CHF early in the game, it could have been ugly. The man had the ball on a string.

Thought Morrison and Minchev were probably stiff not to squeeze in for BOG honours but still a well deserved medal for Captain Ben Cowan - stood up when it mattered. In front of a crowd close to 2,500 - awesome numbers for this level of football.

With whispers of the Coach, Vegas and a couple of key backmen heading up the road to Morningside next year, could UQ have missed the boat for a flag? Decent size holes to be filled in the off season at Oval 7.

Any news on retirements/departures around the clubs as yet?

Another quality game of footy from the benchmark teams of the past 24 months.

Kings old hard bodies have got it done again - didn't allow the Red Lions to get out wide where they enjoy the play and yet again Hugh Millikan couldn't tell you what brand of football they use on GF day and if it wasn't for Damien Hughes at CHF early in the game, it could have been ugly. The man had the ball on a string.

Thought Morrison and Minchev were probably stiff not to squeeze in for BOG honours but still a well deserved medal for Captain Ben Cowan - stood up when it mattered. In front of a crowd close to 2,500 - awesome numbers for this level of football.

With whispers of the Coach, Vegas and a couple of key backmen heading up the road to Morningside next year, could UQ have missed the boat for a flag? Decent size holes to be filled in the off season at Oval 7.

Any news on retirements/departures around the clubs as yet?

A fair review of the game Ashley.

I've calmed down from the bittersweetness of last week. Would of love to have seen the boys claim the flag we lost last year, but not the case and again, a better football team won the day... AGAIN....

But we still won 2 flags as a club, so there is an upside :)

Would love to know who the source of those whispers are.

For my sake, I hope your wrong :p No point on speculating on the future at this point. A lot can happen between now and pre-season

Looks like UQ now have definitive data on how much gas it takes to choke 22 footballers :)

Great atmosphere with a big crowd, memo to AFLQ, never subject the people to that sh1th0le that is Zillmere again. People have voted with their feet.

Pretty good effort by Mt Gravatt's twos to take out the flag. Super game by Cowan, each time UQ threatened in the last he stepped up, Carey like in picking his moments with big bombs from around 50. Well deserved medal, actually earned his kicks instead of falling over every time he was touched like Old man Morrison.

Card situation was a disgrace. How players can get red carded in GF's when the 'hit' players are able to play on totally unaffected is a joke.

Anyone know if these two teams are in line for Pineapple Cup promotion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back