Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
First let me say its nice for the hawks to have a low profile, just getting on with it.
Strong back 6 with some options to as back up (not rough obviously)

On to the topic. had a couple of crap games, one loss, one win (melbourne) but the players put their hand up themselves for playing crap even though the hectic opening schedule might have given them an excuse for the sydney game fade out.

Works much better than the old feather duster grandstanding and preening - which just sent the players into siege mode

Now onto Saturday and another 'danger' game. go hawks !

My only beef with Jeff was that he would always put a team down the same week that we would play them.
In regards to him telling us that we played crap and need a kick up the ass then he was always right, we have done nothing since 2008 and he felt sorry for us as paid up members and as supporters of this club for many years.

Despite how far we may go this year, the reality of it all is that we achieved nothing since winning the 2008 flag and we have not beaten the Cats since then either.
Meanwhile the Cats have won 2 more flags....

Jeff had a BIG mouth, but no one can deny how much he did for our club and how much he loved our club.............

First let me say its nice for the hawks to have a low profile, just getting on with it.
Strong back 6 with some options to as back up (not rough obviously)

On to the topic. had a couple of crap games, one loss, one win (melbourne) but the players put their hand up themselves for playing crap even though the hectic opening schedule might have given them an excuse for the sydney game fade out.

Works much better than the old feather duster grandstanding and preening - which just sent the players into siege mode

Now onto Saturday and another 'danger' game. go hawks !

Wouldn't have thought 40 scoring shots was a crap game.

Did it? I doubt whether the players would take much notice of what JK said in public to be honest. Didn't he do the same in 2008 and we won a flag?

I think this thread is drawing a long bow.

BTW, GH likes his name spelt with 3 !!!s please. Gets a little upset otherwise :D

Henry, thanks for that, send me the time to meet at the Fish & Chips shop as i'm home today.

Pess, if you could trade Presidents, Melbourne would give up anything for a high profile President. Their pres was on 'on the couch', and I found him deplorable.

Love him or hate him, you have to give credit where credit is due. Jeff provided so much to our club.

He wasn't scared of the AFL. It doesn't sound like much but a lot of stuff like the Tasmania deal or fostering NZ for Hawthorn we have been 5-6 years ahead of the AFL on.

Him and Eddie also have done a good job of balancing the needs of existing clubs with the requirements of expansion.

Henry, thanks for that, send me the time to meet at the Fish & Chips shop as i'm home today.

Pess, if you could trade Presidents, Melbourne would give up anything for a high profile President. Their pres was on 'on the couch', and I found him deplorable.

Love him or hate him, you have to give credit where credit is due. Jeff provided so much to our club.

And I don't think enough credit was given in Clarko's first few years of the work Jeff did. He did a hell of a lot of media and was the public face of the hawks taking the pressure off Clarko to talk to the media all the time. I bet if Neeld had a president that was more public facing, he could be taking a lot more of the heat leaving it for Neeld to do the coaching.

Also, on the OP, I was commenting the other day that I miss the message from the President on a weekly baisis and hope they bring it back!

My only beef with Jeff was that he would always put a team down the same week that we would play them.
In regards to him telling us that we played crap and need a kick up the ass then he was always right, we have done nothing since 2008 and he felt sorry for us as paid up members and as supporters of this club for many years.

Despite how far we may go this year, the reality of it all is that we achieved nothing since winning the 2008 flag and we have not beaten the Cats since then either.

Jeff had a BIG mouth, but no one can deny how much he did for our club and how much he loved our club.............

Interesting point and i agree....i wonder what most supporters think is a pass mark for us this year....but thats probably for another thread.

Agreed. No Hawks fan should be pleased with what we have (or have not) achieved since the 2008 GF. Not even making the 8 in 2009, and then just squeezing into the 8 in 2010 was just not good enough.

Whether Jeff made us cringe or not, he was saying what most of us were thinking.

Very true he did have a habit of saying what i was thinking.

Just no one listened to me :rolleyes:

Anyway - lets hope there are no more of those moments where something needs to be said

I really miss Jeff as our Pres........now who is our President again. :rolleyes:

Miss his weekly write ups of what is happening around our club and also the headlines in the newspaper,there was never a dull moment plus it kept Hawthorn right up there in the news with Collingwood and Eddie

Awwww! A Jeff appreciation thread.
Honestly suprised we havnt heard more from Jeff. I am sure he still has valid opinions on most aspects of our club and game. He was on the radio a month back suggesting that Melbourne and North (i think) should merge.

Just for the record, I am a Jeff fan too.

Personally I give the playing group a little more credit than what they are being given. I really don't think Jeff spouting anything in public made one iota of difference to their pride or playing efforts on field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The players can just log into the HFC forum on Bigfooty to find out how crap they were last week. Jeff is entirely superfluous.

They got a good spray by supporters on Saturday as they were walking off tue ground. They can also log onto the HFC Facebook page, where it's absolute meltdown.

They got a good spray by supporters on Saturday as they were walking off tue ground. They can also log onto the HFC Facebook page, where it's absolute meltdown.

Some of the biggest twits/trolls you'll find online can be found there.

Do we know when Lewy is organizing the next love in session.. Telling all the players that "we've only play 3 bad quarters of footy.. Keep your heads up - we're still awesome!"

Jeff was our president but he was also a fan of this club, he felt and spoke what we all were thinking and feeling.

I miss his letters to us as fans and members....

Agreed.
Remind me again who our current President is.......

Remove this Banner Ad

2012 shows players didnt need jeff telling them they were crap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back