2012 Tour de France Stage 11: Albertville - La Toussuire-Les Sybelles

Remove this Banner Ad

would the average poster herek now that Mick Rogers is a multiple TT world champion?
You mean with Quickstep in 03, 04 & 05, when he was a client of dr. Michele Ferrari? The same Ferrari who has just been banned for life for his activities during that time?

Even during his time with T-Mobile, when they took regular trips to the blood bank at Freiburg, Rogers couldn't do the things he's doing now.

Twas funny watching - thinking 'When is Evans attacking? Why doesn't he attack? He has to attack. Oh..........'

Today looked very like the 1985 tour whereLleMond had to support Hinault, and it was possible he was stronger (they finished 1-2, and LeMond won next year - with Hinault 2nd). Froome could have wiped out Wiggins in those last 5 Ks.

Evans will go on a flyer on a later stage to steal a stage and some time - but he's done for this year as a winner. Would not be surprised to see him drop out and prepare for the Olympics (Of course, the olympic road course is a silver platter for Cavendish). BMC might agree to that if they think TeeJay can keep up with the leaders for the TV coverage.

That was so funny when they all left Wiggo for dead.

Froome only tried to go because it was his only hope of winning the stage. Just sitting up at all cost him any chance he had.

Cadel was awful. Has had a year of partying I reckon and needs time to get over his big shot status.
Bit harsh. I don't think he has done this at all. Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't he the oldest tour winner ever?

It took him so long to get to the top and he must've thought he might not get there at some point.

The last year has been all TV spots, parties, interviews, not turning up to key form races.

I just don't see it as the best preparation ever and could be a reason he's not in the same form as last year.

That was so funny when they all left Wiggo for dead.

Froome only tried to go because it was his only hope of winning the stage. Just sitting up at all cost him any chance he had.

Cadel was awful. Has had a year of partying I reckon and needs time to get over his big shot status.

Evans won't win another TDF. Don't forget, he won it last year as the oldest to ever do so. He had illness leading through the spring this season which has also hampered his preparation. This sport is brutal and just weakens your immune system big time. Coupled with being an older fart, the odds are stacked against elder statesmen being strong in this sport.

He'll have his days but he won't be able to beat the younger guard coming through as well as Contador who will be fresh for the Tour, not with a Giro prep. Schleck will be a force next year too if my assumption that the 100th tour will be a heavily focused climbing tour is correct - afterall, most of the young French hopes aren't TTers either. Prudehomme will want the French riders to be in the mix.

I reckon Evans should have a final crack at the Giro or Vuelta, but more than likely, and GT he does at BMC will likely be as domestique for TJ.

suits me, keeps the commercial networks away from tdf

i dont understand why an aussie has to be involved in anything for anyone to get enjoyment out of the event. whether some athlete is an aussie or a foreigner, i still don't know the person. for all i know, the aussie could be more of a dickhead!

i want to see a good contest. an aussie not being involved does not lessen the enjoyment of anything one bit.

i dont understand why an aussie has to be involved in anything for anyone to get enjoyment out of the event. whether some athlete is an aussie or a foreigner, i still don't know the person. for all i know, the aussie could be more of dickhead!

i want to see a good contest. an aussie not being involved would not lessen the enjoyment one bit.

national pride is guess. its like the olympics, all of a sudden people give a shit and become instant experts about archery or rowing because australia has a chance to win

like you i'd rather a good contest and for the vast majority of the time ive been watching the tdf an australian hasn't been in contention

When Wiggins was riding third in the Sky train up the second mountain and in front of Froome I was going to make some lame joke about Wiggins riding for Froome but just couldn't be bothered reaching for my laptop.

Maybe I was right? :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got to the bottom of the last climb and just couldn't keep the lids up.

Woke up this morning, checked the tracker and saw Cadeldropped over a minute - wasn't that surprised given how short his breakaway was and the fact he couldn't keep up with Teejay

The optimist in me says, maybe he just had a bad day in the legs, the realist says he' f*cked.

national pride is guess. its like the olympics, all of a sudden people give a shit and become instant experts about archery or rowing because australia has a chance to win

like you i'd rather a good contest and for the vast majority of the time ive been watching the tdf an australian hasn't been in contention

i become an expert on yelena isinbayeva during the olympics. not the greatest head, but a sweet rig. hope to see womens pole vaulting action, and should with two aussie girls in the event.

also an expert on women's volleyball. the court variety.............is the long legs, and maybe the booty on the cubans and brazilians...........er and should be a good contest. ;)

the climbers classification is still a decent contest at the mo. two more category 1 climbs this evening so lots of points on offer. :thumbsu:

That was an epic, but ultimately heart-breaking stage. Highlights:

Paul's Best Fact Ever: the peloton rode through the valley that Hannibal sauntered through with his elephants.

Rolland winning two huge stages in two years. What a jet, the French must be absolutely frothing at the gash over this bloke. Two in a row for Europcar, chapeau.

Nibali's flair. After last years disappointing Vuelta, the early season Classics and the last couple of stages have reminded me why I have loved Nibali for a few years; he is just pure entertainment. He also pumped up Froome in the press again over Wiggo.

P&P not realising Menchov had been dropped for a solid two hours of racing. The Silent Assassin strikes again.

Froome attacking Wiggo for kicks. WTF was that? Contador would have kept going if he was 2ic, eh Lance? Also, to those wondering why Froome isn't the leader, it is definitely due to the ITT strength of Wiggo, and he is probably more marketable in GB too than a Kenyan with a passport.

Teejay. He was damn impressive last night, first mountain stage he stood up. 10/10 work in a support role, Evans won't forget that when he gets the chance to return the favour.

Sky's humility. Both Wiggo and Porte talked up the size of Evans' balls in the press for attacking when he did, which was slightly disturbing, and Wiggo also sought out Nibali during the stage to clear up their prior disagreement. I know they have a lot of people off-side, but showing respect to your adversaries should never be overlooked.

Cadel. Speaking of balls, well done man. Better to lose with style than disappear into obscurity. He clearly didn't have the magic today, if he did combined with Teejay's excellent form that could have become very sticky for Sky. I am not patriotic at all when following sports, but something about Cadel has always brought it out to me. His win last year was my AFL Grand Final, and I will always love him for it. As a previous poster said, I would love to see him go for the Giro-Vuelta double next year. He is worthy of more than one GT and that may be his best way to get it. The 2012 Podium still beckons.

Remove this Banner Ad

2012 Tour de France Stage 11: Albertville - La Toussuire-Les Sybelles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back