2013 All Australian Team Announcement

Remove this Banner Ad

Pearce Hanley (50/50 midfield and half-back), Malceski, Morris could have been in the team, Andrew Walker and Kade Simpson are some that come to mind.

Hanley I can cop... had a great season!!

Malceski shouldn't on the back of his dive, sook etc from the buddy bump in rnd 23.. soft as butter

Morris is a lock down back pocket...

Walker & Simpson both good seasons, but neither fit to stud Samuel's boots.. Mitchell played a lot more Half back this year than Kiren Jack played HFF... Likewise the best key forward of the year gets named in a forward pocket to allow the AFL GWS Giants FF to take the prize spot.

Pearce Hanley (50/50 midfield and half-back), Malceski, Morris could have been in the team, Andrew Walker and Kade Simpson are some that come to mind.

Hanley I can cop... had a great season!!

Malceski shouldn't on the back of his dive, sook etc from the buddy bump in rnd 23.. soft as butter

Morris is a lock down back pocket...

Walker & Simpson both good seasons, but neither fit to stud Samuel's boots.. Mitchell played a lot more Half back this year than Kiren Jack played HFF...

Andrew Mackie in the team? Argh terrible.

Kieran Jack is amazing, and was deserving of being in the 22 but he's not a forward, he gets his goals from hard running both ways. That doesn't make him a forward. Either start him on the ball or put him on the bench.

Roughhead in the forward pocket? No.. Put him in his natural position or put him on the bench, you construct the team based on positions, either do it completely or don't do it at all.

Drop Mackie from the team, drop Jobe Watson or Travis Boak from the team, include Pearce Hanley and Lindsay Thomas.

Put Jeremy Cameron on the bench, rotate Rough to full forward, Lindsay Thomas to forward pocket, Pearce Hanley to the bench, Kieran Jack to the bench, Daniel Hanneberry (Who played much more forward than Kieran did) to the forward flank or drop Hanneberry for a real forward.

Because I have a difference of opinion to you?

No I respect others thoughts, I don't respect a blind, one eyed dislike for Collingwood and its players.

What part of Swans year doesn't deserve an AA selection?

No.1 for disposals

21 goals

No.4 for Inside 50's

Just a sample of the year hes had.

Cant see in anyway shape or possible how he couldn't be in there

Is this a ******* joke? How did Jobe Watson get anywhere near the AA squad let alone in the 22?

Surely noone with half s brain thinks Watson had a better year than Fyfe, Mundy or Barlow.
Did you watch all Essendon games or are you just going on a "vibe" thing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cameron named on excitement and hype alone. All Australian forward in a team that won one game.. No.
Mackie is also a surprising one to get in, alot of others that should have been ahead of him. Jobe Watson as well, out for 3-4 weeks and didn't really do anything last month or so. But guess the Selectors have their favourites..

Dont agree with people saying Hanley should have been in. Was terrific early and by 1/3rd the way he was a walk up start for mine.
What i saw was a drop off in form, and what many may not be factoring in is he seemed to be playing midfield as well as fwd from what i saw. To think of him as a HBF to me is wrong...therefore compare his season to midfielders/fwds and try to find a slot ahead of others. Thought he'd earnt a squad spot tho which would have been a great reward for a great season. Slipped out of the 22 for mine though by the time June/July came around. I cant remember him playing much at all at HB, and the HBline is the strongest of all this season and a tough gig to break into.

It's more a case of amusement really.

The AA selectors open themselves up to ridicule every year, yet still make monumental blunders like this one.
How is Mackie's selection a monumental blunder? As other Cats supporters have pointed out to those who do not see Geelong week in, week out, Mackie will be right up there in the Cats B&F.

There are no monumental blunders when it comes to AA

Cloke over Riewoldt first mistake of the team.

Open your eyes...

Inside 50's

T. Cloke - 73
N. Riewoldt - 71

Contested marks

T. Cloke - ave 2.6
N. Riewoldt - ave 1.8

Goals

T. Cloke - ave 3.4
N. Riewoldt - 2.1

Marks inside 50

T. Cloke - ave 4.5 (99)
N. Riewoldt - ave 3.4 (72)

Tackles

T. Cloke - ave 1.3
N. Riewoldt - ave 2.0

Happy to see Thompson's season recognised, which was Scarlett-esque.

Comfortable with none of the other three Roos making it too, although Thomas could probably consider himself the unluckiest of the three.

Remove this Banner Ad

2013 All Australian Team Announcement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back