2013 DRAFT discussion thread: Rookie Draft complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From article in "The Australian"

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...back-to-victoria/story-fnca0u4y-1226717212963

Teammate Taylor Adams is also on the move from the Giants, with interest in the midfielder coming from a number of clubs, including Melbourne and Geelong.
Should Adams remain out of contract, he could slip through to the Demons, who have the second overall selection in the pre-season draft in November and are keen to bolster their midfield.

That article also mentions that Gysberts wants to move from Norf after just the one year. Hrmmm.

Straight swap for Pedo?

I'd take him back in a heartbeat. Can see him thriving under Roos. Don't know why he'd want to return though, or what North would want for him.

Should we go after Docherty? And do we want Nick Dal Santo?

I'm pretty confident that Melbourne will secure Adams from GWS. Will end up paying overs for him though

And do we want Nick Dal Santo?

Dal Santo will either stay at St. Kilda as a mentor to the Saints kids (as suggested in an article/interview with him on afl.com.au), or go to a club with a decent crack of a premiership.

I can't see any value for him in entertaining a move to Melbourne.

I'd take him back in a heartbeat. Can see him thriving under Roos. Don't know why he'd want to return though, or what North would want for him.

Should we go after Docherty? And do we want Nick Dal Santo?

Docherty is the player Brisbane picked up after the Mitch Clark trade. So basically it would be thanks for looking after pick 12 for 2 years will take him now :) :)

Gys was the more valuable side of the trade and they gave him a ONE year deal AND WE GAVE PEDO THREE?

And we downgraded picks in the trade as well. Go figure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would take Gysberts back. He actually had the ability to find the ball. Saw him play a few good games for Werribee. HE would have played majority of games for Melbourne this year. Maybe the pre season pick 2?
Also would like to look at Chris Cain from Port with a late pick. Classy midfielder type. Now 26 but would be handy for a few years.

I was a big fan of Gysberts but his poor endurance doesn't fit into the way we are moving forward into Roos' gameplan of hard running mids, he's coming from too far back. He was drafted with poor fitness surprise surprise

I was a big fan of Gysberts but his poor endurance doesn't fit into the way we are moving forward into Roos' gameplan of hard running mids, he's coming from too far back. He was drafted with poor fitness surprise surprise

Nothing a good preseason can't fix. I thought he actually did well in the time trial a few years ago?

Nothing a good preseason can't fix. I thought he actually did well in the time trial a few years ago?

;)

He's had 4. Can't put on weight. As I said I really liked him as a clearance player but has always had poor fitness. I don't think he'll fit into the Roos style tbh.

Thinking (hoping) JA7 was being tongue in cheek - re the time trial he didn't partake in allegedly (cause he couldn't be farked)

He's had 4. Can't put on weight. As I said I really liked him as a clearance player but has always had poor fitness. I don't think he'll fit into the Roos style tbh.

Yep but emphasis was on the word 'good' - hoping Roos and Misson can together bring a really good fitness program to the club as well. Didn't Misson work under Roos at Sydney during their flag years? Or did he work for Lyon.

Thinking (hoping) JA7 was being tongue in cheek - re the time trial he didn't partake in allegedly (cause he couldn't be farked)

Yeah I was :p The point I was trying to make is that he might just need a serious wakeup call, which hopefully he'd get from our new coach.

I'd take Gysberts back if we got him for not much. I'd also insure Pedo to the hilt then leave him in a paddock full a snakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back