2013 DRAFT discussion thread: Rookie Draft complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aish just went ahead and laid 0 tackles in a Grand Final (admittedly a winning one).

Mark against him I'd say.

Doesn't appear to have had a very good game at all. That being said, it's a bit unfair to judge him on a game that he played and other draftees didn't. I guess the fact that he played at all is what counts. Trent Dumont actually seems to have had a better game than Aish. He's a player we should look at with our second rounder.

Might be worthwhile looking at some of Dean Terlich's mates from Norwood, see if we can pick up another gun ;)

I see where you're coming from, but I don't agree.

Think it's a big deal, Josh Kelly didn't lay less then 3 tackles in a TAC Cup games this year and is a fair bit skinnier then Aish.

I think recruiters put a big emphasis on finals, Dumont didn't lay a tackle either - a mark against him despite getting a few kicks, he's an inside midfielder.

I see where you're coming from, but I don't agree.

Yep definitely wasn't trying to use it to defend Aish, just putting it out there. Don't agree with it myself either, but I probably wouldn't consider it a big mark against Aish still.

Not sure why anyone is talking about Thorp. He was delisted because he was a rubbish player.

To be fair, dean terlich was drafted a tonne lower and delisted so it doesnt mean mitch thorp is genuinenly rubbish

Mitch Thorpe during his previous stint was one of the shittest blokes ever.. and I know well..only if he has his personality cut out and replaced, could he be worth drafting!

This is a bit short-sighted. He's not saying that Aish isn't skillful by any means.

Just that perhaps our team would be better if we paired Toumpas with Kelly and not Aish, even if Aish is the better player. Or that maybe Aish is the most hyped mid in the draft and deservedly so as the most skilled one, but still not the best one for us and we need to make an independent judgment based on our assessment and needs. Champion team > team of champions and all that jazz. It's a legitimate point, though nickgrant69 could have said it better.

I thought you guys might want some good news. Michie from the Dockers just nominated the Demons as his club of choice. The kid is a clearance machine averaged 26 possessions a game in the WAFL after a slow start to the year. He is super, super strong and the only reason he didn't play more for us last year was because we have a ton of tall midfielders who play the same role as him. He will probably come cheap as he had two years not playing footy with a foot injury. Probably your third round pick. Good judges in WA footy have said that he will be a star. His recruitment (which appears likely) would allow you to recruit more outside mids. HIs combination with Viney could be awesome in a couple of years.

I thought you guys might want some good news. Michie from the Dockers just nominated the Demons as his club of choice. The kid is a clearance machine averaged 26 possessions a game in the WAFL after a slow start to the year. He is super, super strong and the only reason he didn't play more for us last year was because we have a ton of tall midfielders who play the same role as him. He will probably come cheap as he had two years not playing footy with a foot injury. Probably your third round pick. Good judges in WA footy have said that he will be a star. His recruitment (which appears likely) would allow you to recruit more outside mids. HIs combination with Viney could be awesome in a couple of years.

Not sure why you've quoted me, but this is very good news! Our third rounder or Sylvia compensation seems very fair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PSD, pick 2... Mitch Thorp?

I know we are ok on talls, but he captained/coached a premiership is TSL this year so has leadership and could help with young talls. He's 25, so still has footy in him. Hawthorn only cut him because they had Roughead, Franklin and Williams and didn;t try him down back.

Just a suggestion, but could pick up a worse mature aged player.

I believe they delisted him (and no one else took him) because he was a massive dickhead.

To be fair, It's been mentioned that he's matured a lot in recent years - particularly after his coaching stint.

Some blokes seem to know a lot about the draft in here. I'm not one of them but from what I know Kelly and Aish are the best mids so I would imagine it's out of those to. Maybe Kelly on the Victorian thing but I don't buy into the go home factor. It shouldn't effect the picking

Kelly with his complete lack of an inside game worries me. Aish, whilst not a clreaence machine has a better inside game so that leads me to think he's the better option.

Some blokes seem to know a lot about the draft in here. I'm not one of them but from what I know Kelly and Aish are the best mids so I would imagine it's out of those to. Maybe Kelly on the Victorian thing but I don't buy into the go home factor. It shouldn't effect the picking
yeah this, Tapscott and Trengove and Jamar among others have never looked like leaving, if we are still offended by wiz and scotty t its concerning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back