2013 DRAFT discussion thread: Rookie Draft complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kennedy-Harris?

Just need Carlton to pass on him and we can snag. Seems like a perfect fit. Anyone else good still on the board that I should know about??

More:

Hunt is from Brighton Grammar. He played in the APS v AGS representative match. Hunt is a quick midfielder/half-back. He is a good kick both sides.

He has a light frame with plenty of development to build into a good size frame. He is good overhead and has a powerful, good leap.

Hunt was a gun junior with the likes of Josh Kelly and Christian Salem.

He had a growth spurt in last couple of years and is a big talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hunt being spoken of VERY highly on SEN.

Whether we can develop these picks and they can progress at AFL level is yet to be seen. Based on raw talent though, this has been an exceptional draft for us.

Knew he looked familiar....
Qx86vi.gif

Hunt seems a bit of a left field choice. Oh well, at least the club is making those at pick 57 these days, not in the first round. Good luck to all the players. Salem looks good; JKH fills a need and Hunt might take a while, but it was fairly low-risk for possibly high rewards. Hard to say if we've done well out of this draft for a while, but on the surface they all look like decent enough picks.

Wrapped to get JKH but pretty underwhelmed by Salem's highlight package and stats. Can anyone with any knowledge of the topic say why he was a top 10 pick? Seems like another massive reach i mean he only averaged 15 disposals a game at the champs and 22 a game at TAC level and wasn't an AA. Don't see how we pick him over the likes of Sheed and Dunstan.

Wrapped to get JKH but pretty underwhelmed by Salem's highlight package and stats. Can anyone with any knowledge of the topic say why he was a top 10 pick? Seems like another massive reach i mean he only averaged 15 disposals a game at the champs and 22 a game at TAC level and wasn't an AA. Don't see how we pick him over the likes of Sheed and Dunstan.

He was going at 10 if we didnt get him at 9 so it wasnt a reach. It was a common belief hes a top 10 pick.
Hes quick, and is an extremely accurate and bullet of a kick. Fits our needs

Great left foot kick, excellent pace over short distances, loves the gritty stuff too, the tackles, spoilers shepherds. He is a good decision maker and has a solid body.

He hasn't got huge numbers but when he gets the ball he uses it well which I'd prefer to a Magner.

Salem is a hard at it footballer with a beautiful kick, fantastic attitude and makes good decisions.

Cool name too.

Better kick and better mark than both of those guys, faster and taller than Dunstan as well. That would be the view.

Salem really appears to be a guy without a major weakness and decent complete all round game. If the weaknesses aren't there at AFL and the strengths are capitalised on then he becomes an all round midfielder with a big ceiling.

JKH is extremely well spoken. Not that it matters, but he's probably the most articulate/literate AFL player I've ever seen on Twitter, too. Knows how to use his apostrophes, which is more than can be said for most of the rest of the league.

Looks like a serious player. Not the quickest I've seen but knows how to run (if that makes sense) according to his role, and knows how to find and use space as well. Good kick too, and hard at it. Great hands too, and has an eye for the ball.

Salem has really great skills. Will be one of our best kicks which is something we really need in our midfield if we're going to make the most of our inside 50s, especially with our legion of tall forwards. Only Watts and Toumpas in the middle are really anywhere near elite kicks at the moment. Fantastic mark too. Is a bit in the mould of a Nathan Fyfe type. Has some serious pace.

Tossing up between Salem and Freeman, I think it might have come down to Freeman's speed advantage being far outweighed by Salem's huge kicking/marking advantage. Salem's a harder player too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back