Game Day 2013 Elimination Final: Carlton v Richmond discussion/celebration!

Remove this Banner Ad

What the hell does King think he's adding with this statistical crap?

Insight.

All I hear is noise. And ffs...if you're gonna do it, do it properly.

Can we pause there? Uh! No..we can't, uh...go back. Yep. Nope. Uh...stop!

Just another meathead justifying a wage.

I had a bad feeling they were going to call a free kick against Eddie Betts for holding or something. The way the game was being umpired its all I expected lol

Luckily they didn't and Garlett kicked a memorable goal. Great shepherd.

For those watching the replay.....Murphy laid a brilliant tackle on Maric who spun around a few times looking to handball and then clearly dropped it. Pretty sure it was in the 4th quarter with about 10 minutes left. How on earth did we not get a free kick at this crucial point?

I couldn't believe the free kicks Richmond got and I couldn't believe the amount of obvious ones we didn't get!!! It frustrates me that our tackling goes unrewarded by the umpires so often.

Interesting that they called the free kick against Morris, not Eddie, and called advantage :)

I was waiting for it to be paid against Eddie as well.

Believe it or not I haven't watched the replay yet! So I've only seen it in the heat of the moment and I kind of got caught up in the emotion of it all!

:eek: - get onto it woman! I have watched it twice already! :p

What was the better win for you guys - The 1999 Prelim win against Essendon, OR Sunday's win against the Tigers?

I doubt I'm capable of enjoying a Grand Final win the way I enjoyed the '99 Prelim.

I know it's just a game and all but I don't think my feet touched the ground for the next 8 hours. Just unbelievable and again we have to...............thank Essendon. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Currently watching the second quarter and hating life. Only thing that's stopping me from fast-forwarding it is I know how sweet the pay-off is in the end.

I hadn't actually heard any of the commentary prior to now--is it just me or is it quite pro-Tigers?

Only watched the second half the other night, and thought Bruce and the boys were pretty good.

It was interesting how the comentators on Fox were talking about how much Richmond wasted there chances early and should have been well up at quarter time. Suppose thats what happens when you read too much into stats. All of the Tigers shots were from long range (outside 40) or tight angles under pressure and the only easy shot they missed all day was Edwards after out marking McInnes from about 20. For all their possessions the slow ball movement allowed Carlton to get numbers back.

While Carlton didn't use the ball well and lost a number critical 1 on 1s in the first quarter the forward line was wide open and it wouldn't have take much for the team to have scored another 2 or 3 goals.

Even at half time I still felt in it after the run they had with umpiring.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2013 Elimination Final: Carlton v Richmond discussion/celebration!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back