Opinion 2013 Grand Final Week Discussion....

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeing Pav in the rooms with his wife and kid... you gotta feel for the great man.
His first half was appalling.

Redeemed himself to some degree in the second half but the jitters Freo had early were largely his fault. They needed their captain to show some poise early to set the example and he was invisible in the first, shanked them in the second.

He may have thrown an elbow but Brian Lake could win Norm here.
Could he be the first player to win the Norm Smith medal and get suspended for his actions in the same game?

Should be deliberate, low impact, high contact. Not that different to McKernan's cheap shot, only difference being that the closing speed was lower, so the impact wasn't as severe.

Watching Tippett doesn't hurt so much because you can almost always trust him to flop in a final, on the other hand Gunston excels in that environment.

Haha... Pearce.

Don't want to go all Wayne's World on everyone, but this was my appraisal in the Round 18 FaceOff:

The recruitment of Danyle Pearce creates an interesting texture to Fremantle’s midfield and adds a dimension. Freo fans are quite enamoured by him at the moment. Sure, they’ll learn by the end of the season that the ‘fools gold’ that is Danyle Pearce doesn’t glitter quite as brightly in big games. A stern glance from Craig Bird will be enough for Pearce to soil himself, curl up into a ball and lube up for a rogering, but through the minor round he is an asset.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you implying that if it was a Fremantle player who elbowed a Hawthorn forward it wouldn't of been 50?
No, I'm saying that 6 points = 6 points.

Also, definite different interpretation on holding the ball or incorrect disposal depending on who tackled.
Yeah some of the early holding the balls were poor.

That makes attempted murder a misdemeanor, not a crime.
What aren't you getting?

Walters kicked the goal.

If he kicked it from the goal line instead of 40m it makes no difference to the game.

What aren't you getting?

Riolli got a free for holding the ball when he was the one holding it and faking an attempt to clear it.Umpires were whistle happy for one side in their forward half and reluctant to penalize that same side in their defensive half.

I've seen so much of it for 21 years against us I would forget how to wipe my bum first.

Riolli got a free for holding the ball when he was the one holding it and faking an attempt to clear it.Umpires were whistle happy for one side in their forward half and reluctant to penalize that same side in their defensive half.
The Rioli one was obviously holding the ball. Spurr didn't want to risk releasing the footy at the top of the goal square and was praying for a bounce.

There were some others that were wrong but that was spot on.

I've seen so much of it for 21 years against us I would forget how to wipe my bum first.
Umm... ok.

Puts an end to a crap season that will be remembered for everything but the footy. And geez - shit grand final in terms of spectacle. TheGF used to be the pinnacle to the season with choreographed pre-game entertainment that would inspire and give you goosebumps. Today was truly pathetic. Glad it's finished.

What did you guys think of the pre match entertainment??
IMO it was the perfect song to get us in the GF mood!:thumbsu:

Puts an end to a crap season that will be remembered for everything but the footy. And geez - shit grand final in terms of spectacle. TheGF used to be the pinnacle to the season with choreographed pre-game entertainment that would inspire and give you goosebumps. Today was truly pathetic. Glad it's finished.

Agree. At least the 2nd half was much better, but overall poor GF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion 2013 Grand Final Week Discussion....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back