List Mgmt. 2013 LIST MANAGEMENT thread - Finalised

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fitzpatrick is a lot more talented though. Gawn's kicking can be atrocious but Fitzy is faster, more agile and has better disposal skills. Gawn's the better ruck, but I think that comes down to exposure too.
Going forward I can see them both being 150+ game players for the club

Who I'd like to get rid of - Gillies Sellar Tynan Taggert Macdonald Jetta Nicholson

Dunn and Pedo I'd also like to cut but they are contracted (Pedersen on a 3 year deal is almost as bad as Bailey forcing juniors retirement). Davey stays because our small forward options are terrible.

Why are people throwing Davey out? He's been good for us this year and will cost bugger all to keep.

Agree. He has shown more interest this year than last. He does go missing a bit in games, I'd like to see him used more as sub - he's a leader so he can make himself useful on the bench until he's actually put into the game.

Why are people throwing Davey out? He's been good for us this year and will cost bugger all to keep.

I'm not throwing him out by any means, but just saying that he's not the most pressing case in terms of uncontracted players. Mostly because I don't think he'll go, and is pretty certain to sign soon.

He hasn't shown a great deal. It's more that he has improved from being a disgrace over the last 3 years

What? He has shown quite a lot in terms of effort, tackling, decision making and skills execution.

He is still the most dangerous kick in the team.
Had more than 10 kicks 3 times this year and despite him looking like trying a heap more than previous years, has still gone missing regularly

Had more than 10 kicks 3 times this year and despite him looking like trying a heap more than previous years, has still gone missing regularly

He's playing as a f***ing small forward, it's not about how many touches he's getting.

The whole f***ing team goes missing regularly don't just pin Davey for it.

We don't need a cleanout, surely.

5 or 6 blokes to go.

Gillies
Sellar/Pedersen (if we can flog him...)
Rodan (surely he doesn't have the legs)
MacDonald (retire? seems to have a bit going with his business).
Jetta/Davis

Gillies (junk)
MacDonald (his time is up - thanks for the effort)
Jetta (had long enough, sorry bud)
Spencer (Fitz and Gawn are better number 2 rucks now, will need to draft or rookie another though)
Nicholson (had long enough, will never play seniors for a top 8 side)
Rodan (if we use 6 picks, let him go)

Stark (hasn't showed anything as far as I know)
Couch (Magner is enough, thanks for coming)

Davey, Dunn and Pederson are keepers (for different reasons) for another year in my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It should be noted in this thread that you can pay out players with years on their contract as long as you've got enough space in this year's cap. Which we obviously will, but I can't see them doing it - given that there's a bunch who are absolutely gorn anyway you might as well keep Bail and Dunn as cover instead of replacing them with pick 86 and 100. Unless we get some free agents or players through the PSD of course..

Not saying this how I want our departures to go - and it doesn't take any surprise trades into account - but here's my predictions:

Delisted: Davis, Gilies, Jetta, Sellar and Taggert from the primary list and Magner/Couch from the rookie list.

Retired: Rodan

Free agent: Sylvia

Trade: Jamar

That's eight off the main list and two rookies.

Davey: if we keep him, it has to be for cheap. Unfortunately, I can see a Leon Davis situation occurring where we offer Aaron the fair market rate and Aaron probably feeling insulted as the offer is likely to be way below what he has been getting paid over the last few years....and then Aaron nicking off/retiring as a result.

Davey should still have use as a sub. Also, he can actually kick straight - not something that we have a surplus of at the MFC.

Davey: if we keep him, it has to be for cheap. Unfortunately, I can see a Leon Davis situation occurring where we offer Aaron the fair market rate and Aaron probably feeling insulted as the offer is likely to be way below what he has been getting paid over the last few years....and then Aaron nicking off/retiring as a result.

Davey should still have use as a sub. Also, he can actually kick straight - not something that we have a surplus of at the MFC.

Nah Davey won't be going anywhere, we gave him a good contract last time round, I think he will push for a 2 year contract whereas we might be offering 1, but I don't think price will be a huge issue.

Doubt we'd get anything worthwhile for Jamar. He is like a 10 year old car that you've owned and taken care of since new, more value to you than what you'd be able to sell for. It would be good to have him retire as a one-club player.

You get the chance to promote Gawn to first ruck and not have to pay Jamar for the last year of his contract. Don't care if we swap him to Collingwood for pick 100.

You get the chance to promote Gawn to first ruck and not have to pay Jamar for the last year of his contract. Don't care if we swap him to Collingwood for pick 100.
Pull your head in Super, he's a club stalwart.

Pull your head in Super, he's a club stalwart.
Totally agree, about time we stop flogging off our long serving senior players for nothing and start showing some respect to them.

Totally agree, about time we stop flogging off our long serving senior players for nothing and start showing some respect to them.

People scream blue murder at Bailey and Schwab for delisting McDonald, and now they want to do something similar.

People scream blue murder at Bailey and Schwab for delisting McDonald, and now they want to do something similar.

Agreed, Jamar is a better tap ruckman then anyone else on our list and even if he just played in the twos as a backup he will still be an asset to helping Gawn and Spencer learn.

It should be noted in this thread that you can pay out players with years on their contract as long as you've got enough space in this year's cap. Which we obviously will, but I can't see them doing it - given that there's a bunch who are absolutely gorn anyway you might as well keep Bail and Dunn as cover instead of replacing them with pick 86 and 100. Unless we get some free agents or players through the PSD of course..

Not saying this how I want our departures to go - and it doesn't take any surprise trades into account - but here's my predictions:

Delisted: Davis, Gilies, Jetta, Sellar and Taggert from the primary list and Magner/Couch from the rookie list.

Retired: Rodan

Free agent: Sylvia

Trade: Jamar

That's eight off the main list and two rookies.
No to trading Jamar, unless he asks to go. I agree he has maybe fallen behind Gawn and Fitzpatrick, but considering our awful record when it comes to our treatment of veterans I want some loyalty shown to him for his service.

Next year having him, Gawn & Fitzy rotate with only two of them in the side at any on game so they all play 12- 15 games next year. Gives them some experience with a good quality ruckmen before Jamar retires and the two younger ones take over the duties by themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back