List Mgmt. 2013 LIST MANAGEMENT thread - Finalised

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skimmed this list and dont see Shagga Byrnes on the piss off list anywhere.

Safe to presume he will go around again in 2014 on your list again?

Thanks

Go Catters

That's just because he's still under contract, I'm afraid. Outside of a couple of games, he's been dire.

De-listing Taggert?

No way. The kid hasn't even had a pre-season at the club!

I'd rather delist older spuds.

I think we don't need to cull this list, we just need to grow it.

Yep. Pure madness to delist players that have only been on the list for two to three years and have actually played pretty well in the VFL, when there is so much 24 year old deadwood.

I think Taggert should get another year given his injury issues. Evans took a long time to get back from a similar injury, but is now among our best 25 when fit. I hope Taggert gets a game or two before the end of the year though to see what he can do.
Same with Tynan. Has started to put together some good VFL performances and should be given another year.
Gillies and Sellar are both surplus.
Rodan might have earned a second year. Byrnes is looking shaky (how many years did he get?).
Bail looks gone. Don't think he can really improve much and doesn't offer enough already. Strauss is probably in the same boat. Probably has more potential, but hasn't realised it and with Terlich, Clisby and Nicho taking those running defender spots I don't see a place for him really.
If Davis can't get a game this year I think he'll be gone.
I agree with others in that we don't need another massive cleanout/cull of the list. Trim the deadwood, but we've got a solid enough core now that we shouldn't need to make 15 changes in the off-season.

DELIST

James Magner
Tom Couch
Shannon Byrnes
David Rodan
Tom Gillies
Joel MacDonald
Lynden Dunn
Neville Jetta
Rohan Bail

UNDECIDED

Luke Tapscott
Troy Davis
Jordie McKenzie
Daniel Nicholson
James Strauss
Josh Tynan

Someone...please delist some of these prized Pontiac spuds....please!

Spud Gillies
Spud Byrnes
Spud Pedersen
Spud Dunn
Spud Jetta
Spud Davey
Spud Jamar
Spud Rodan
Spud Mckenzie
Spud Couch
Spud Sellar
Spud Magner

A good selection of spuds to pick from. good luck and good picking.

Spud Gillies
Spud Byrnes
Spud Pedersen
Spud Dunn
Spud Jetta
Spud Davey
Spud Jamar
Spud Rodan
Spud Mckenzie
Spud Couch
Spud Sellar
Spud Magner

Ok really ?
Magner is not a spud , rodan has been decent and jamar an Davey are 10 year servants

Spud Gillies
Spud Byrnes
Spud Pedersen
Spud Dunn
Spud Jetta
Spud Davey
Spud Jamar
Spud Rodan
Spud Mckenzie
Spud Couch
Spud Sellar
Spud Magner

Missing Spud Nicholson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think we need to clear 5-7 spots.

What i would like to bring in.

Hogan
Magner - we need inside ball winners
1st round draft pick
2nd round draft pick
3rd round draft pick
Quality free agent
Quality free agent

5 spots minimum and a couple more if we can get quality free agents, we don't want free agents that are just spot fillers like Rodan and Byrnes, we need free agents that would actually have an impact like Dale Thomas and Adam Cooney.

First 5 players gone, Gillies, Macdonald, Jetta, Nicholson, Rodan. That would give us Hogan, Magner and our first 3 picks.

If we manage to sign free agents other candidates would be, Davey, Davis (re-rookie), Fitzpatrick (re-rookie), Bail ( pay contract out), Pederson (pay contract out)

Can't just delist every spud, have to look at what we can bring in.

Mate..take the blinkers off....they are all spuds.

Mate jamar is still our number 1 ruckmen and Davey the small forward , not alot of competition but they are
And rodans been with Matt jones out best clearance player this year , yeah these guys aren't anything on what they used to be but what do you wanna replace them with pick 90 118 an rookie pick 40?

I don't see why Fitz would or should agree to being re-rookied when another club would pretty happily pick him up for the seniors list.

Mate jamar is still our number 1 ruckmen and Davey the small forward , not alot of competition but they are
And rodans been with Matt jones out best clearance player this year , yeah these guys aren't anything on what they used to be but what do you wanna replace them with pick 90 118 an rookie pick 40?

Actually..yeah I would. Good id

You can't just 're-rookie' players. You have to delist them, they go back into the draft and then you hope they are still there at you pick. Fitzpatrick for one would get snapped up in a heartbeat IMO and Davey probably too. Both have been, on average, in our top 25 players thus year and there is no chance that Fitz gets delisted - none.

Davey will only go if he retires or is unhappy taking a pay cut and a one year deal.

You can't just 're-rookie' players. You have to delist them, they go back into the draft and then you hope they are still there at you pick. Fitzpatrick for one would get snapped up in a heartbeat IMO and Davey probably too. Both have been, on average, in our top 25 players thus year and there is no chance that Fitz gets delisted - none.

Davey will only go if he retires or is unhappy taking a pay cut and a one year deal.

Davey was good, I'll grant you that, but he has turned into an overpaid prime spud.Now all he does is hang around the outside of packs, looking for some easy feeds. thanks for the memories Aaron. it's time mate. We have been paying him 450,000 a year for the past 4 years. I think even he would have to admit that the gravy train is over.

That gravy train is most definitely over! But if he is happy to take a one year deal closer to the $200k mark, I'd be very happy to keep him around based on this year's output to date. Admittedly, yesterday he was not good.

I know you can't just re-rookie players, it's a risk but I doubt clubs would snap fitz or davis up before us, in 4 years Fitz has only had 1 good game and a couple solid performances. Look at Dylan Roberton, picked up in the 2010 draft, played over 10 games in each of his first 3 seasons and improving in each, enters the draft last year and no one picks him up, st kilda got him as a rookie. It's strange but clubs prefer picking 18 year old unknowns rather than picking up young players with a bit of experience.

Believe me I would rather keep Fitz, Davis and Davey over Bail and Pederson but the latter 2 are under contract, not sure on the rules if we can just delist them and if we can are we in a position to pay their contracts out?

Skimmed this list and dont see Shagga Byrnes on the piss off list anywhere.

Safe to presume he will go around again in 2014 on your list again?

Thanks

Go Catters

Was given a one year contract last year and has been on the fringe most weeks. I expect he will retire at the end of the year, alongside Rodan. Gillies will be delisted and sadly I expect Aaron Davey may realise his football career has come to an end

Agree re Byrnes.Apart from toady's game ...he has been a witches hat in every game. he really is a dud ....a blatant waste of a pick....and a waste of dollars.

He was a FA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back