NFL 2013 NFL - Off-Season & Pre-Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched that and I do belong in the 'I hate Sherman camp' but that did change my perception of him a bit, I still wish he would talk less trash on twitter though needs to keep that stuff in game.

Even Seahawks fans are very divided on his loud mouth. Some aren't fussed as long as he keeps playing the way he is but there are those who wish he was a lot more reserved and quiet.

Thought some people would be interested in this salary cap team and position comparison

Salary Cap Comparison

Breaking down individual teams, offense, defense and ST, and then the positional cap expenditure and on who.

Very interesting comparison, especially across positions within the same team (ie Michael Boley's cap hit @ OLB is bigger than all of the Giants WRs combined)

And along with all that, some stellar graphic presentation in my opinion.

Even Seahawks fans are very divided on his loud mouth. Some aren't fussed as long as he keeps playing the way he is but there are those who wish he was a lot more reserved and quiet.
At least he can back-up his talk because he is one hell of a player. Maybe he just has a different persona when he is playing the game, because from that video it made it seem like he would be a great bloke to hang out with and have fun. But he is a dividing character that's for sure.

Final draft order:

Pick|Team|2012 Record|SOS
\1|Kansas City Chiefs|2–14|.516
\2|Jacksonville Jaguars|2–14|.539
\3|Oakland Raiders|4–12|.469
\4|Philadelphia Eagles|4–12|.508
\5|Detroit Lions|4–12|.566
\6|Cleveland Browns|5–11|.508
\7|Arizona Cardinals|5–11|.559
\8|Buffalo Bills|6–10|.480
\9|New York Jets|6–10|.512
\10|Tennessee Titans|6–10|.512
\11|San Diego Chargers|7–9|.457
\12|Miami Dolphins|7–9|.500
\13|Tampa Bay Buccaneers|7–9|.502
\14|Carolina Panthers|7–9|.516
\15|New Orleans Saints|7–9|.521
\16|St. Louis Rams|7–8–1|.539
\17|Pittsburgh Steelers|8–8|.465
\18|Dallas Cowboys|8–8|.523
\19|New York Giants|9–7|.521
\20|Chicago Bears(not tied)|10–6|.512
\21|Cincinnati Bengals|10–6|.438
\22|Washington Redskins (traded to St. Louis)|10–6|.494
\23|Minnesota Vikings|10–6|.520
\24|Indianapolis Colts (not tied)|11–5|.441
\25|Seattle Seahawks|11–5|.504
\26|Green Bay Packers|11–5|.508
\27|Houston Texans|12–4|.496
\28|Denver Broncos|13–3|.457
\29|New England Patriots|12–4|.496|
\30|Atlanta Falcons|13–3|.422
\31|San Francisco 49ers|11–4–1|.504
\32|Baltimore Ravens|10–6|.496

Teams with the same win/loss record rotate picks in subsequent rounds, except where shown as "not tied" due to being knocked out in different phases of the season. eg. regular season vs wild card round.

Looking at the 9ers quickly, they need some DT depth on the outside of the line. If they keep their 1st round pick maybe a Johnathon Hankins from Ohio state?

Also, will they think about revis? if they do then obviusly they wont have a 1st round pick.

Their corners are good tacklers, but ordinary at coverage and got found out. if im their GM i seriously think about getting the best CB in the business if he is indeed on offer. may as well go for broke when your so close..

No idea what trade would work though

Looking at the 9ers quickly, they need some DT depth on the outside of the line. If they keep their 1st round pick maybe a Johnathon Hankins from Ohio state?

Also, will they think about revis? if they do then obviusly they wont have a 1st round pick.

Their corners are good tacklers, but ordinary at coverage and got found out. if im their GM i seriously think about getting the best CB in the business if he is indeed on offer. may as well go for broke when your so close..

No idea what trade would work though

Jets will want picks. There is talk that Alex Smith would go east, but the Jets would likely need to restructure his contract to fit him under the salary cap so that might be a non-starter.

If you proejct to the 2014 49er free agents I can't see how they could afford Revis and retain some of these guys.

The DBs are fine, an upgrade at safety (need better range in pass coverage), the Smith heir and more grunt in the middle of the defensive line should be the main priorities.

The 49ers finished the year with two pass rushing linebackers, a running back and two wide recievers on IR so there is talent to return.

With potentially 14 draft picks plus what they jag for Alex Smith and the team pretty well loaded (18 starters from the SB signed for 2013) I expect a lot of trading into the day two area and draftingfor projected starters in 2-3 years.

Edit: wouldn't even be surprised if they spent a draft pick on a kicker given the number of picks available and not wait until rookie FA signings.

Reminder...

Feb. 9-10: Regional Combine (Orange Coast College in Los Angeles, CA)

Feb. 16: Regional Combine (Methodist Training Center in Houston, TX)

Feb. 17: Regional Combine (Cleveland Browns Training Facility in Cleveland, OH)

Feb. 20-26: NFL Combine (Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, IN)

March 2-3: Regional Combine (Atlantic Health Jets Training Facility in Florham Park, NJ)

March 9: Regional Combine (One Buccaneer Place in Tampa, FL)

March 9-11: Teams can begin negotiating with the agents of players set to become unrestricted free agents at the start of the league year (teams can only talk to agents and not the players during this negotiating window)

March 10: Regional Combine (Halas Hall in Chicago, IL)

March 12: 2013 League Year begins at 4 p.m. ET, opening free agency and the trading period

March 16-17: Regional Combine (Atlanta Falcons Training Facility in Atlanta, GA)

March 17-20: Annual League Meeting (The Biltmore in Phoenix, AZ)

March 23-24: Regional Combine (Virginia Mason Athletic Center in Renton, WA)

March 23-24: Regional Combine (Baltimore Ravens Training Facility in Baltimore, MD)

March ?? Annual Owner’s Meeting when compensatory picks are handed out.

April 7-8: Super Regional Combine (Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, TX)

April 25-27: 2013 NFL Draft (in New York City, NY)

May 20-22: NFL Spring League Meeting (Hyatt Harborside in Boston, MA)

Sounds like Alex Smith may be on the Chiefs next year.

“Andy Reid and the Eagles were trying to acquire the services of Alex Smith last year during the off season”

“There was a courtship last year, to a certain degree,” Dilfer told the San Francisco Chronicle during an interview.

Dilfer couldn’t get into the details, but he made it clear that Andy Reid wanted to make Smith an Eagle.”

If Niners are smart, they keep Smith for next year, and pay his the 7 mil. Kappy is getting less than a mil. Paying 8 mil for your starter and backup isn’t bad. Lots of teams seasons are ended if the starting qb goes down, because the backup isn’t all that good.

Smith is a solid backup that knows the playbook.

He might not like it, but that’s the best move for the niners.

Niners and Seahawks are run intelligently.

Both will likely keep their expensive backup / cheap starter QB situation unless a 1st round pick is offered.

A look at how the Bills are installing the systems run by coach Doug Marrone.

Watching the Super Bowl and thinking about the Dolphins.

Will the Patriots help open up the 2013 season?

You can probably guess the conclusion of an analysis of the Jets quarterbacks.

Ravens DT Haloti Ngata has plenty of time to heal up after leaving the Super Bowl early with a knee injury.

RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis will miss retiring Bengals running backs coach Jim Anderson.

The Browns defensive line had 25 of the team’s 38 sacks in 2012.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin thinks football is an effective teaching tool for young men.

The Texans website is profiling Georgia DT John Jenkins.

Looking back at the top catches of the Colts season.

Will the Jaguars pursue 49ers QB Alex Smith this offseason?

Said Titans G.M. Ruston Webster of QB Jake Locker, “I think Jake did a lot of really good things and I think Jake is a tough guy who is never going to tell you when he’s hurting or anything like that. He’ll play through whatever. He was obviously banged up there toward the end, and for most of the season, really. Then we had injuries around him, which made it even tougher. Our offensive line being in flux and some things like that, losing our tight end, I think that made it tougher on Jake.”

John Elway’s Broncos Super Bowl memories don’t have a warm spot for New Orleans.

The Chiefs wound up taking “Leon Sandcastle” with the first overall pick in an amusing Super Bowl commercial.

Monte Poole of the Bay Area News Group doesn’t think it’s hard to understand why former Raiders WR Tim Brown was passed over for the Hall of Fame.

How can the Chargers put themselves in position to make the Super Bowl?

Emmitt Smith doesn’t agree with criticisms of Cowboys QB Tony Romo.

Lawrence Taylor believes former Giants DE Michael Strahan should join him in the Hall of Fame.

With the Super Bowl done, it’s time for Eagles coach Chip Kelly to get to work.

Redskins QB Robert Griffin III says he’s ready to get back after it.

Former Bears QB Jim McMahon doesn’t have the fondest memories of his trip to the Super Bowl.

What’s next for the Lions?

Former Packers DE Willie Davis has written a book about his football life.

Vikings coach Leslie Frazier said he’s surprised that Lovie Smith didn’t wind up with another job this offseason.

Falcons TE Tony Gonzalez was one of the standout performers of the postseason.

Panthers LB Luke Kuechly said that he has to keep learning after taking home the defensive rookie of the year award.

A repeat of his experience with the Saints wasn’t meant to be for 49ers C Jonathan Goodwin.

Buccaneers LB Lavonte David didn’t garner much support in voting for defensive rookie of the year.

Cardinals DE Calais Campbell and CB Patrick Peterson were in the NFL’s Super Bowl commercial.

Frank Bush brings a lot of experience with him to the Rams coaching staff.

The interception by QB Colin Kaepernick on Sunday was the first in a Super Bowl by a 49ers quarterback.

Seahawks QB Russell Wilson wound up winning the NFL.com rookie of the year award.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Teo named second most hated sportsman behind Lance.
Cutler
Vick
Romo
also on the list
:eek:
No Suh?????

I personally love him but I thought he was most hated.

Not entertain you while I didn't access BigFooty while in Melbourne?
Yes, because I was talking about you, and not the fact that Suh has done nothing to 'entertain' the masses enough to hate him in a while :rolleyes:

"What have you done to me lately" isn't talking about me? o_O
It's a play on 'what have you done for me lately', a joke pertaining to peoples inability to remember anything that happened more than 5 minutes ago?

But, now you'll just try to cover up the fact that you misread my post, try and blame me, blahblah, so I'll just step out of this conversation.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2013 NFL - Off-Season & Pre-Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back