NFL 2013 NFL Playoffs - Divisional Round

Remove this Banner Ad

So the Saints had a failed season?

and trust me I give the Saints some hope but why is it anytime a Saints lover says the Seahawks haven't beaten anyone they never mention the win over New Orleans?

New Orleans couldn't give their plays away too early. They threw the game.

Saints have no hope...

Yeah you tell them that.

I like the Seahawks but their draw this season reads like a who's who of failed seasons + the 49ers.

Saints, Panthers, Cards x2, 49ers x2, Colts, hell the Rams went 7-9...

fair call

They just didn't care. The Saints weren't even trying once the scoreline was out of reach.

That doesn't mean they aren't underdogs just that the Seahawks are no certainty.

I'm not on the Saints bandwagon by any stretch. I'm very happy to see the Seahawks win. I just think it's more like a 60/40 proposition rather than the predicted drubbing the odds indicate.

I doubt we'd have thrown away lightly a chance at the #1 seed.

The difference with that game to other road losses was we were comprehensively smashed. That's why nobody in their right mind would think we're a chance. This team has shown over a long period they can fight out games even on the road even after starting badly. In recent road losses we haven't even managed that.

But . . . the NFL is a game of adjustments and this Saints team has shown over a long period they can make adjustments in-season as well as any team. I live in hope.

Loving the Patriots too, banged up maybe but no way will the Colts hang with them in a shoot-out.

Will be interesting to see what role the weather will play in this one. On paper you'd think it should be a shootout but if it rains all day and night could have a big bearing on the outcome.

I was listening to SEN today yesterday. They had some guy (a 49er fan) from there previewing the weekends games. He then started to preview, without realising, the nfc c'ship between Seattle and the 49ers! He was talking about all the problems the 9ers would have with the Seattle crowd.

There I was in my car thinking "Hey, you haven't played Carolina yet!"

I was listening to SEN today yesterday. They had some guy (a 49er fan) from there previewing the weekends games. He then started to preview, without realising, the nfc c'ship between Seattle and the 49ers! He was talking about all the problems the 9ers would have with the Seattle crowd.

There I was in my car thinking "Hey, you haven't played Carolina yet!"
MUST'VE BEEN sjsdu

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chargers D has improved a lot from first couple of months of the season and are flying a bit under the radar imo. I posted last year that their young D was green but very talented.

Johnson, Butler and Ingram have all come back from injury and have made a big difference. Look how good Ingram and Butler played against Bengals. Teo has even improved. LBs improving have made Reyes and Liuget better. Liuget was another who was great against Bengals. Some changes in the secondary have also made a difference, Marshall has played well since he got the starting gig.

I'd love to see Manning win because he deserves a second SB but with Rivers hot, OL and running game playing well and improved D.....sheesh I smell upset.

Looking forward to 49ers-Panthers game, two very good D's. Great win against good opponent in tough conditions last week, think they'll be more match hardened than the Panthers. Playoff inexperience may cost Newton.

Why the Saints would have thrown the game a few weeks ago is beyond me, but think it'll be closer this time but didn't think Saints O were overly impressive last week so Hawks for me.

Going for the Pats to beat Colts. Key will be Pats running game, looked solid last two weeks relying on the run. Colts run D ranked pretty low (pass d not so great either).

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. C'mon Indy!

Indy? You're representing everyone out there against the evil patsy's. Don't let us down!

I'm warning you.

DON'T

LET

US

DOWN!

:mad:

Call it team bias or whatever but I think the Colts can and will beat the Fats today...At least its on a decent time today to ( The game I meant)

Seahawks, pats, broncos and 49ers for mine. Both of those final games would be outstanding, especially the 49ers v Seahawks if it happens

I just have a feeling that New Orleans will use the loss to the 7-9 Seahawks in the 2010-11 playoffs to fuel them. Especially to players like Brees and co who were around then. I expect them to sell out vs the run early not letting the offence get in a rythm, gain a 10-14 points lead, then hold that for the day. New Orleans to win 38-24

Colts-Patriots is the only game this week I can't pick. But for tipping sakes. New England to win 35-33

I can't see San Francisco doing much damage on Carolina's defence, while I just have this feeling that Newton will make enough big plays to win it vs San Fran's d. Carolina to win 17-3.

I think there will be rust. I think San Diego will be fired up, I think the Chargers will even have a 14 to 21 point lead during the game. But Manning will be fired up and will pull Denver back from the death to a stunning win in the best match this year (Until NE win the AFC CG). Denver to win 41-38

Gives us Carolina vs New Orleans and Denver vs New England Championship games.

Just got a chill down my spine.
This crowd is amazing.
Here's hoping for the safety of the Seattle residents and New Orleans win. Last time these two teams played a playoff game here, seismologists picked up what appeared to be an earthquake when Lynch hit beast mode.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2013 NFL Playoffs - Divisional Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Back