2013 Player X v Player Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Byrnes and Pittard (bench)
or
Knights and Stevenson (bench)

Well i have all 4 players but out of the two, I would probably go with the first option because of job security.

I believe all 4 will play round 1 but Pittard has better job security than Stevenson. Knights probably has a higher ceiling than Byrnes but is also the more likely out of the two to lose his spot in the team.

Tambling or Pittard and 70k on r1+ upgrades

Pittard has far better JS than Tambling, comparable scoring potential, and he's 70k cheaper. Obvious question is obvious. I'd take Pittard over Tambling if they were the same price.

Also a Crows supporter I know on Twitter said that Tambling has hurt his back, so you should all trade him out based on my super reliable source :p

Pittard has far better JS than Tambling, comparable scoring potential, and he's 70k cheaper. Obvious question is obvious. I'd take Pittard over Tambling if they were the same price.

Also a Crows supporter I know on Twitter said that Tambling has hurt his back, so you should all trade him out based on my super reliable source :p

It was reported on 5AA last night and in the paper today. Tambling out v Cats due to back strain.

lower v Moloney?

both at new clubs, moloney probably with the better JS, and probably more of a potential keeper.
But Lower could be a massive POD in your midfield, and did average 97 in the games he played last year.

lower v Moloney?

both at new clubs, moloney probably with the better JS, and probably more of a potential keeper.
But Lower could be a massive POD in your midfield, and did average 97 in the games he played last year.

Lower only played a hand full of games last year..he was pretty hand with a 79 average in my Def in 2011 though.

Personally, I think they are evens ATM. Either could have career best DT averages this year...flip a coin

Tambling & earmarked for a big year? isn't that what his coaches have always said since day 1? He's shown us nothing.

I love it when people come on and say stuff like this. clearly you have not be paying attention to anything thats been happening at the crows this pre season.

the one thing that Sanderson has done while at the crows is not beat around the bush and he says he will have an impact so I'm good with that, time will tell as usual. he's not named this week against the cats so who knows?

He's out due to a minor back soreness. THey said had it have been a normal week he would have played but since its NAB they are taking no risks whatsoever and what to keep the injury at 2 players for now so he is sitting out. He should play next week against the blues.

Roughead looked very very average last night and Franklin a lot better than his usual self so far this pre season. David Hale night have picked up an injury that could still keep roughead in very close contention if he has to play no1 ruck at hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick Riewoldt Vs Mathew Wright ....early rounds and season?

I believe Wright is the way to go. A lot of talk about NRoo early with the Saints having an easier start to the year but i think they will struggle this year and his supply will be down.

I can't see why Wrights average would drop so at the very worst you are going to get a solid forward who won't drop much in price. He will still get plenty of midfield time with Adelaide and has plenty of upside.

Even though you are looking for someone for the early rounds of the season by picking Wright there is a good chance that he will boost his average and become a good pick for the whole year. I can't see that being the case with Riewoldt.

I believe Wright is the way to go. A lot of talk about NRoo early with the Saints having an easier start to the year but i think they will struggle this year and his supply will be down.

I can't see why Wrights average would drop so at the very worst you are going to get a solid forward who won't drop much in price. He will still get plenty of midfield time with Adelaide and has plenty of upside.

Even though you are looking for someone for the early rounds of the season by picking Wright there is a good chance that he will boost his average and become a good pick for the whole year. I can't see that being the case with Riewoldt.

yeah - that's the way i'm leaning too, it allows the benefit of focusing that extra trade on the weekly maximum B/E potential swap (Highest B/E to Lowest B/E) for team value accumulation.

Ok, we'll revisit this during the home & away season ;)

Also ...

Boyd vs Griffen ?
Neither.

Watching the 'Dogs last night, you can see our future - Wallis, Liberatore, Smith. While Boyd scored decently, it showed that when these kids get their hands on the ball, things happen. When Boyd gets his hand on the ball 35 times, 50% of them go straight to the opposition - now if you were a coach, would you let Boyd keep racking up these disposals, or shift his role and allow these youngsters to share these disposals and use them effectively? Boyd's role will change - maybe not this year, but it will happen for sure. I wouldn't touch him, because there's no way of telling how soon that change will come.

Griffen scored something like 48 points in his first quarter and a bit - ridiculous. Then he started getting more attention from the opposition and managed only another 51 points in the remaining three quarters. This is the problem with Griff - until we get another outside mid with his ability, he will always get the tag, and he isn't consistent enough to shake them regularly.

^he played forward for most of the second half....that is why his scores went down.
He played as a high half-forward because he was getting tagged and double teamed in the midfield. Scored something like 13 points in the second quarter IIRC.

He played as a high half-forward because he was getting tagged and double teamed in the midfield. Scored something like 13 points in the second quarter IIRC.
Scored 23 points 2nd quarter whilst Sewell and Stratton tagged him. Then rested deep forward, goal square for last half. Still scored about 30 points doing this and he copped a corky in early quarter 2 or late quarter one its why he had that strange bandage i remember the incident. Also a reason why he rested forward.

Ok, we'll revisit this during the home & away season ;)

Also ...

Boyd vs Griffen ?

Its not the point. Tambling has shown that he is hungry for the ball and can win quite a bit of it so far this pre season, and is thus inline for a round 1 berth. Regardless of his skill level, @200k he appears to a lot of people as likely type in DT come round 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back