2013 Player X v Player Y

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott Thompson vs Brent Stanton and why?
Brent Stanton, Hird has said Goddard will be playing in the midfield this year this should mean that Stanton drops down the ranking in terms of Essendon's best midfielder meaning Stanton will et less attention from the opposition allowing him to run more freely.

Brent Stanton, Hird has said Goddard will be playing in the midfield this year this should mean that Stanton drops down the ranking in terms of Essendon's best midfielder meaning Stanton will et less attention from the opposition allowing him to run more freely.
But im pretty sure Scott Thompson will be running free aswell with Danger in the side. This hasn't made it any easier guys.

But im pretty sure Scott Thompson will be running free aswell with Danger in the side. This hasn't made it any easier guys.
That's probably a good thing though, you're getting to see arguments for both players helping you be more informed when you decide which player to go with.

My only concern is his age, his 30 now. Am i being silly?
Even though I'm on the Stanton side, been 30 shouldn't really affect him. He's a very fit individual and is showing no signs of slowing down.

I'd go Stanton over Thompson. I remember reading that the last three seasons his start to the year has been incredible (In the first 5-6 rounds he's averaged 120 (2010), 100 (2011), 120 (2012). With 44 trades, I think it's definitely a good idea to start with Stanton and then if he plateaus mid-way through the season just trade him out.

Cant decide between JPK and Mitchell.. JPK definitely has the more favourable early draw but Mitchell's has had a ripping PS.

I am definitely giving Ablett a couple of weeks to prove his worth, he certainly has earned that right. If he is underperforming massively with the new role, simply trade him out before round 3 and use the extra cash elsewhere. He may not get his 130/140/150's anymore, but you never know.

Stanton will be my round 1 loophole VC - he can go big and has had a solid pre-season.
when he spuds up he is out for the best up and comer...

Stanton will be my round 1 loophole VC - he can go big and has had a solid pre-season.
when he spuds up he is out for the best up and comer...

What are your thoughts on Dangerfield the for VC loophole?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologies if it has been done before,

Hartlett v Hanley.

I am thinking more and more that I want that 4th premo in the backs now to join the locks (gibbs,goddard,heppel). I am leaning towards Hanley.

If i had Danger i would put the VC on him for sure!

Who is your non playing rookie though?

It will be Colq if he isn't selected. Will give me the DP link between my mids and backs that I want...so no big loss if he doesn't play Rd1, reckon he will play sooner than later and score well when he does.

It's a pretty sure bet that the big five midfield rookies (Whitfield, Wines, Viney, Crouch and O'Meara) will be selected so I fail to see your point.

So you know for a fact that those will be the best 5 mid rooks?

So you know for a fact that those will be the best 5 mid rooks?
This has nothing to do with whether they'll be the best five midfield rookies at this stage or not. I was merely asking a question to VSTone about how he plans to use the VC loophole, but then I answered my own question when I realised with 44 trades, you could simply trade back in a decent midfield rookie the next week.

It's frustrating how many pedants there are on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back