Mega Thread 2013 Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

It should be easy. Here I'll help you. Narrow it down to the Egirls supporters, that should bring it down to say 10, then isolate the juvenile, childish one's and that should narrow it down to...no still 10. Ok, isolate the one's with an IQ below 50, that should narrow it down to... no still 10, umm, ok there's bound to be one that's a total f@*#ing imbecile amongst them, no still 10, I see your problem, you're right, not the end of the world.

Not the end of the world but the WeeGirls supporters seem to have this distinct aura of idiocracy around them.

I have a story about a few WeeGirl supporters and how I helped them in their time of need but I won't get into that as it will make my blood boil.

freo.jpg

Here is where we currently stand, as long as my office chart is up to date. There's almost an entire new reserves team entering the preseason who couldn't get on the park last year. If we include Mitchie, Forster, Morabito, then we are looking at 14 new guys available.

What about Moller?

I also briefly chatted to Crozier and noticed he's bulked up a bit. Was at 73 before glandular, dropped to 70 and now shot up to 77kg! And confirming all those other report he does look a few extra cms taller.

That's extraordinary when you think about it. Glandular fever has been known to hinder elite sportsman for up to a year and he has got over it very quickly and put on a substantial amount of weight. Can't question his commitment.

He would be 80Kg's+ if he didn't get the GF.

Assuming Michie does debut in 2013 - he would be getting close to holding the Freo record for longest time between drafting and playing a senior game.

Last game of 2011 versus Bulldogs Casey Sibosado played his one and only game nearly 3 years after being drafted #3 in the 2008 Rookie draft. Was delisted a few weeks later.

Viv I think is the only player drafted in the 2010 ND to still be on a list and not having had a debut. If he can make it from that far back as a player (as well as being pick 44 in that draft as well) he will have a story to rival Micky B.

It would be a good story and I can see it happening. Viv showed plenty before getting injured and looked to be the most likely at the time from that year's draft for us. None of us outside the club really know but it would appear from the outside that perhaps Freo didn't manage his injury/return to the best advantage.
You are either going forward or going backwards.
If Viv can recapture that form and Morabito do likewise they can be two key ingrediants in lifting Freo's performance next year.

Assuming Michie does debut in 2013 - he would be getting close to holding the Freo record for longest time between drafting and playing a senior game.

Last game of 2011 versus Bulldogs Casey Sibosado played his one and only game nearly 3 years after being drafted #3 in the 2008 Rookie draft. Was delisted a few weeks later.

Viv I think is the only player drafted in the 2010 ND to still be on a list and not having had a debut. If he can make it from that far back as a player (as well as being pick 44 in that draft as well) he will have a story to rival Micky B.

I think Crowley and Duffield were both delisted after not playing a game in their first 2 seasons at the club

It would be a good story and I can see it happening. Viv showed plenty before getting injured and looked to be the most likely at the time from that year's draft for us. None of us outside the club really know but it would appear from the outside that perhaps Freo didn't manage his injury/return to the best advantage.
You are either going forward or going backwards.
If Viv can recapture that form and Morabito do likewise they can be two key ingrediants in lifting Freo's performance next year.
If Michie and Mora are both fit and firing this year it will be like 2 new recruits which should pose some serious depth in the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moaaaaaarrr! ;)
The wind was pretty strong on the east side of the ground and not many of the guys where hitting targets out there. Simpson looked very natural with the ball in hand and kicked extremely well on the right foot considering he is a lefty.

Pitt, Mayne, Duffy and Mundy did a heap of sprint/walk repeats around the oval. And poor Max was struggling to keep up with Mundy but with a bit of an egg on from us on the sides he made up a bit of ground ;)

Crozier looking a million bucks except when he throws up, speaking to some guys at the club they say he always does it. Amazed how much weight and height he has added over the last few months.

Clarke still looks a bit too skinny for my liking but he moves so well and was right up there with Mzungu and Menegola in the repeats sprints.

Can't remember anything else at the mo. Might come back with more later...

I only saw the last ten minutes as I was wandering by, and so this may not be reflective of the whole session, but in the little bit I saw
Suban looked excellent, really stood out.
Mzungu and Sheridan did some nice things
Faulks was playing the McPhee role in drills so he may get first crack at being his replacement
Zac Clarke was playing KPF and is miles off, Sumich was quite frustrated, poor Suma has his work cut out there

Looking forward though to reading the views of everyone there for a full report

The wind was pretty strong on the east side of the ground and not many of the guys where hitting targets out there. Simpson looked very natural with the ball in hand and kicked extremely well on the right foot considering he is a lefty.

He's a right footer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2013 Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back