Mega Thread 2013 Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

he had shoulder surgery after the season, if that answers it.

how big are fyfe's legs now? freakin' big.

allsystems246b.jpg
OMFG! I had no idea he was anywhere near that size! I hope it help him somehow.

Can't shake off a tag, is mentally brittle (missing set shots from 20 metres, despite having a beautiful kick), and does the arse-out-arms-in approach when he's rarely forced to make a tackle. Just sayin'. But BF falls into a false dichotomy: Great times or bad times, champion or spud. He's soft. Which is okay if people admit it, but posters insist on saying how tough he is... he just isn't.

Matt DeBoer is tough but a pretty shocking kick. Just like Rhys Palmer was a ball magnet but butchered half his disposals. And just like Hill is a great running midfielder with an effortless kick, but with a pretty soft side.

Can't shake off a tag, is mentally brittle (missing set shots from 20 metres, despite having a beautiful kick), and does the arse-out-arms-in approach when he's rarely forced to make a tackle. Just sayin'. But BF falls into a false dichotomy: Great times or bad times, champion or spud. He's soft. Which is okay if people admit it, but posters insist on saying how tough he is... he just isn't.

Matt DeBoer is tough but a pretty shocking kick. Just like Rhys Palmer was a ball magnet but butchered half his disposals. And just like Hill is a great running midfielder with an effortless kick, but with a pretty soft side.

Stop it. You're embarassing yourself.

But you said nothing about his positives. You just said he needed a heart transplant. Which is one of the stupidest things possible to say. The kid has courage, to cope with the hard tags, to run them off their feet, and to have an impact with each of his disposal.His tackling could be better, you want him to be a tagger?
Honestly, when a poster shows such stupidity, we should be allowed to abuse him for it. Be careful about trying to be a journalist; even that profession requires some intelligence, unless you are an ex-eagle.

Hill ran repeat sprints with Clancee,Duff,Johnson ,all looked in great nick
Neale and Crozier,Griffen ran laps .Walters ran the sprints then ran laps. Not much to report ,just a solid session with Suban,Fyfe and
Menogola performing well.New recruits performed well and didnt look out of place
After Christmas the ante should be raised and will be interesting to see who excells

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The kid has courage, to cope with the hard tags, to run them off their feet, and to have an impact with each of his disposal.His tackling could be better, you want him to be a tagger?
Riiiight. Another few fallacies committed here.

I never said anything about what position I'd like him to play.

How can he deal with hard tags? How many times did commentators mention his poor stats last year? He was barely running taggers off their feet. He struggled a fair few times this season with a tag, only to do okay in the last quarter (through the exhaustion of the tagger, probably).

As I said, people just love pumping out all positives or all negatives on here.

I thank the blokes who go down to training and take their time to report on it. But seriously, I think I've heard about maybe a dozen negatives all off-season. It's all about how big our players are, how great their kicks are, how neat their handballs, how hard they're running... a little balance would be okay.

It's ten sentences about all his positives, a single sentence on one of his many negatives. I'd like to think we can be a little subjective, unlike Eagles fans, and note some negatives.

How can he deal with hard tags? How many times did commentators mention his poor stats last year? He was barely running taggers off their feet. He struggled a fair few times this season with a tag, only to do okay in the last quarter (through the exhaustion of the tagger, probably).

I thank the blokes who go down to training and take their time to report on it. But seriously, I think I've heard about maybe a dozen negatives all off-season. It's all about how big our players are, how great their kicks are, how neat their handballs, how hard they're running... a little balance would be okay.

It's ten sentences about all his positives, a single sentence on one of his many negatives. I'd like to think we can be a little subjective, unlike Eagles fans, and note some negatives.

I agree, I'm positive that you are a douche and you are negative in the brains department.

Chris Mayne hurt his groin at training today. I don't think we'll be seeing him on the track again before Christmas.

That is 2 shocking calls now. DeBoer's kicking is miles better than Palmer's kicking. But why stop now? You are on a roll!

Fyfe is a serious unit now compared to the skinny kid recruited a couple of years ago. Not just in bulk but height too. Watching the warm up today at training , standing next to mayne who is 188 cm, fyfe is easily 3 to 4 cm taller. Considering he was listed at 186 when he was drafted.
Morabito was training before the main group did some ball drills and then was running repeat 150's. looked smooth.
Hill was in the group prior to main group training doing ball drills then running . Moving well.
Taberner and Howson training and Hannath yet to turn up.
Only player sidelined at the moment being Pavich from memory. A far cry from early last season when so many players were injured.
A lot of match simulation stuff today , our key position forwards being matched up against the key position backs was interesting.
Newbies being taught how to tackle.
Always so much interesting stuff to watch!

That's exactly how to deal with a hard tag! You run them off their feet so they can't go with you any more. Then when the game is in the balance during that second part of the 3rd qtr going into the 4th he can start doing some damage while everyone else is tired. Not to mention that he was carrying an injured ankle and an injured shoulder for most of the season. Stats aren't the be all and end all of a player - 19 touches from Hill can be just as damaging as 30 from Fyfe.

With the training reports - Have you considered that maybe the reason why there is all this positive feedback is because they boys actually look good? I've seen it a few times where yakka/Salim (sorry if I miss any one out) does a report and they will mention that player x didn't train well and was missing targets.

This is the time to be positive and look to the future season that will be here before we know it.

You are really not very bright are you?

What fallacies were committed? Do you have any idea what words mean?
The comment about the position Hill plays in is obvious to anyone who can read for understanding. Just for you, I'll type slowly so you can understand. Hill's courage is different to de Boer's brick wall courage, as their roles are different.

Commentators mentioned that 15 stats from Hill is worth 30 from any other player on any number of occasions. This is not the same as complaining about low stats. It is true that the hard tag is hard to beat. Did you watch this year? Hill improved with his ability to break them, often by having the heart to run them into the ground.

"People just love pumping out all the positives or all negatives on here." You mental midget, you were the poster who said that Hill needs a heart transplant. Where's the balance with that comment?

You want balance in the preseason reports? What does this even mean? For every comment about Menegola's running, we have to make something up to counter it? Do you know how stupid that is? That is not balanced reporting, it's not even reporting. It's making shit up.

You've had the opportunity to go to training, you've talked about being too young to say hello to the old people. Go and look for yourself. Do your best to make shit up, just like you did about Stephen Hill.

Why would we want to be subjective when describing players' strengths and weaknesses? I want to know what they are, not the way you want to see them. Look up words in the dictionary before you start using them incorrectly.

Heard of Godwin's Law? Ok Eagles fan aren't quite Nazis, but when you have to accuse people of being just as bad as Eagles fans, you've lost the argument.

You are really not very bright are you?

What fallacies were committed? Do you have any idea what words mean?
The comment about the position Hill plays in is obvious to anyone who can read for understanding. Just for you, I'll type slowly so you can understand. Hill's courage is different to de Boer's brick wall courage, as their roles are different.

Commentators mentioned that 15 stats from Hill is worth 30 from any other player on any number of occasions. This is not the same as complaining about low stats. It is true that the hard tag is hard to beat. Did you watch this year? Hill improved with his ability to break them, often by having the heart to run them into the ground.

"People just love pumping out all the positives or all negatives on here." You mental midget, you were the poster who said that Hill needs a heart transplant. Where's the balance with that comment?

You want balance in the preseason reports? What does this even mean? For every comment about Menegola's running, we have to make something up to counter it? Do you know how stupid that is? That is not balanced reporting, it's not even reporting. It's making shit up.

You've had the opportunity to go to training, you've talked about being too young to say hello to the old people. Go and look for yourself. Do your best to make shit up, just like you did about Stephen Hill.

Why would we want to be subjective when describing players' strengths and weaknesses? I want to know what they are, not the way you want to see them. Look up words in the dictionary before you start using them incorrectly.

Heard of Godwin's Law? Ok Eagles fan aren't quite Nazis, but when you have to accuse people of being just as bad as Eagles fans, you've lost the argument.

Totally agree. Hill shows courage because he continus to hunt the ball when he is consistently harrassed and tackled. Does a ton of unrewarded running also.

Its great to see hill invloved from half back to half forward, pump the ball deep inside 50 with precision which unfortunately spilled and is switched to the opposite flank only to be cut of by Hill, spilled then again gathered by Hill while under pressure to turn with great vision and pin point a pass to the chest of Walters (I think). Late in the last quarter in a tight game with a niggling shoulder injury. He looked like he was going to spew his guts up on the sideline. Heartless?
We don't need 18 Matty De boers running around. Hill plays a role, he gets thumped,targeted and injured enough as it is without even doing the throw your body on the line kind of stuff. He's a ball carrier with a precise and damaging kick, he gets a hard tag and attention from others while freeing up our other mids so he plays a part even when he doesn't get possessions. I'm happy having Hill on the park every week and letting the tough nuts do the grunt work and not the silky smooth ball mover.

No, because you have no original thought process. Besides, Hill is not one-dimensional, and that'd shoot your "positive vs. negative" pitch down.
Why post a question and answer it?

What, you work for a tabloid or something? People need to see murder on the news bulletin do they? Maybe you've been hurt one to many years of blind faith huh? Ready to hand in the membership because the club always lets you down? I mean seriously mate if you think we all want to bag the stuffing out of our club you're in the wrong place. Pre-season has only just begun and as you have identified there are close to a dozen negatives already... but no, lets preach 90% doom and 10% sparkly stars for the lil'guy.

I for one reckon the positives are worth getting out after a good run in 2011. Ross himself has stated the advancement on the 2011 pre-season of the players re: time trials and skinfolds. There is great stories like Morabito and Michie pounding out laps.

Just crawl back into your air-raid shelter. Oh wait 12.12.12 passed without the skyfalling - damn you Mayans!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2013 Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back