2013 SEQAFL Division 2 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

I was at a bit of a loose end on Saturday so I went out to Yeronga to watch them play the bears.Yeronga were pushed the whole way and I actually thought they were going to get done, but they ended up winning by about 4 goals. Kenmore were leading at half time and into the third quarter, so don't anyone pretend this was a walk-over.

The conditions didn't suit the Yeronga boys at all. They've obviously decided to play a high possession style of footy, which suits their older, bigger, slower, more experienced and more skilful side. It brought them unstuck a number of times and the younger, faster and fitter Kenmore side managed to move it well in the conditions on the rebound.

The bears were helped by at least 3 goals directly from 50m penalties so I'd say Yeronga need to work a bit on their discipline. I imagine a lot of it was caused by frustration that resulted from them realising they weren't the world-beaters they thought they would be in this division.

Got chatting to a couple of Kenmore boys on the hill. One of the blokes said they've lost 5 of their best players from last year including their 4 highest goal scorers, and haven't really replaced them. So Kenmore won't be playing the standard of footy they were last year. This leads me to wonder whether Yeronga are actually as good as they think they are. I realise the conditions were no good, but surely if Yeronga were going to be far and away the best side in the competition, they'd have done to Kenmore what Robina did to Wynnum.

Well thats dumb at this level (and any level below NEAFL imo) - no side has enough players skilful enough to maintain possession under any sort of pressure and they won't win games they should and they will win games by less than they should bc it is a pretty simple game at suburban level that doesn't need tinkering with in the main.

BOC - Maroochy have done a huge reversal over the past 2 years - decided that spending money (which they didn't have) on players in an attempt to win premierships was stupid and there was enough talent within the club and around the coast to sustain a pretty good squad. Made this decision 2 years ago, went thru some big pain and the tough guys stuck fat. Very good coach (disclaimer - good mate!!:)), very good admin, excellent junior set up and a great facility. Maroochy should be strong - it just had a bit of a hickup when it went out of business in 2000! :D Saying this we are hoping that both Nambour and Caloundra do very well this year! Despite the rivalry bn SC clubs we love seeing any of them do well which is often shown when someone plays finals and usually a good contingent ends up coming from a rival club to support..

Smy - great to hear - played in a few Pbc classics up north. Great environment and worn my fair share of abuse from the respective hills!!

I know that regardless of league all the clubs I've played in have enjoyed a quality game and then a good night out on the tiles!!

I reckon redcliffe 2's probably thought a 37-1 win and 3700% would b tough to top - played in some big wins but never in round 1 - cant say I've ever seen 11900% before!!

Right so hopefully the weather stays nice and everyone gets a game of footy in this weekend!
Whats everyone's thoughts on the games ahead? Mine as follows:
Alex V Caloundra Alex by 6 goals
Hornets V Coorparoo Coorparoo by 4 goals
Caboolture V Robina Robina by 11 goals
Kedron V Nambour Nambour by 8 goals
Kenmore V Redcliffe Kenmore by 5 goals
Wynnum V Yeronga Yeronga by 12 goals
I could be no where near it but thought i would throw it out there for open discussion! Go for it!

Playing Vikings will be very critical and potentialy dangerous for some teams. Positions on ladder through percentage could dictate final standings.
Wynuum are not as bad as the scoreline suggested on the weekened. Lets hope it was a off day

Has anyone heard what will happen with the abandoned game from the weekend? I've heard kedron has built a fairly strong list this year, can't wait to see the result this weekend...

Smy - great to hear - played in a few Pbc classics up north. Great environment and worn my fair share of abuse from the respective hills!!

I know that regardless of league all the clubs I've played in have enjoyed a quality game and then a good night out on the tiles!!

I reckon redcliffe 2's probably thought a 37-1 win and 3700% would b tough to top - played in some big wins but never in round 1 - cant say I've ever seen 11900% before!!

First time poster on this thread, and am affiliated with Redcliffe.

BOC, i thought our 2's would be sitting pretty with 3700% until your scores were put up. Cant say I have ever seen one teams percentage above 10000, let alone 2 above 1000.

Here's hoping Wynnum did just have an off day seeing how we have the fortunate challenge of playing you guys twice in the first half of the season.

Looking forward to the challenge this week of playing a team from Div 2 last year in Kenmore. Bring on the weekend.

Roll on round 2!

Good luck getting the catch up game played - I know from past years it can be a mission organising it.

Agree with shaq that wynnum will bounce back - may not get over the top of yeronga but hopefully they are more competitive on the scoreboard.

Welcome bondy - yeah I've never seen % like that before either - how were cabs 2's on the weekend? Another big win would put it through the roof!!

Cooly v Maroochy game never got replayed last year BOC - certain win to the Roos and they were gutted tbh. Was farcical, esp when the ground wasn't bad at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it's dry, I reckon Yeronga will kick 40 goals. Poor, poor Wynnum. :(

Alex
Coopoaroo
Robina
Kedron
Kenmore
Yeronga

Tips :
Alex
Cooparoo
Robina
Nambour
Redcliffe
And yeronga to fall over the line with there pathetic high possession footy by 4points .
I still can't believe we think we can play like that god dam we are dumb .

Go devils

Roll on round 2!

Good luck getting the catch up game played - I know from past years it can be a mission organising it.

Agree with shaq that wynnum will bounce back - may not get over the top of yeronga but hopefully they are more competitive on the scoreboard.

Welcome bondy - yeah I've never seen % like that before either - how were cabs 2's on the weekend? Another big win would put it through the roof!!

Game has been re-scheduled for May 11, the split round.

SMY - yeah remember that - didnt the maroochy boys only find out the game was off when they got half way down or to the ground? great way to spend a sunday!! Think Surfers and Springwood had a similar situation from memory as well with regards to points split or something.

UpNorth - glad to hear its been locked in already - ur from kedron yeah? is there any truth to the Darryl White whisper doing the rounds?

Alex
Coorparoo
Robina
Kedron
Kenmore
Yeronga

This weekend for me - Best bet of the day is for Chunk#5 to go BANG and kick a big bag in the 2's at cab with the reserves competitions most dangerous left foot chunk brother unavailable.

SMY - yeah remember that - didnt the maroochy boys only find out the game was off when they got half way down or to the ground? great way to spend a sunday!! Think Surfers and Springwood had a similar situation from memory as well with regards to points split or something.

UpNorth - glad to hear its been locked in already - ur from kedron yeah? is there any truth to the Darryl White whisper doing the rounds?

Alex
Coorparoo
Robina
Kedron
Kenmore
Yeronga

This weekend for me - Best bet of the day is for Chunk#5 to go BANG and kick a big bag in the 2's at cab with the reserves competitions most dangerous left foot chunk brother unavailable.
Yeah i'm glad there will be space in the forward line this weekend looking forward to sooooooo much more room to move haha! good luck to everyone playing footy this weekend hopefully we see some close results!

Alex
Coorparoo
Robina
Kedron
Kenmore
Yeronga

Yeah, Sunday of a long weekend mind you! Was one of the poorer decisions made by the AFLQ last year - Cooly should have been smashed for it financially and the game(s) should have been automatically awarded to the Roos bc it was an extremely cynical move to say the least..

Yeah, played/coached Kedron a few years ago BOC, but age has caught up with me and not playing any more. Get down to watch a few games when I am able, but that's about it.

Not entirely sure about Whitey, although he does have ties to the president through work a few years ago.

Alex V Caloundra Alex by 60 points
Hornets V Coorparoo Coorparoo by 15 points
Caboolture V Robina Caboolture by 5 points
Kedron V Nambour Kedron by 45 points
Kenmore V Redcliffe Kenmore by 36 points
Wynnum V Yeronga Yeronga by 99 points

Good to see the sun out.

Roll on round 2!

Only saw first half of the game before getting ready and it wasn't a great day for kicking goals at Reddy. I don't think the conditions suited to the Cab reserves, so not sure what to take out of the scoreline. But from what I saw in the first half, our boys were all over them.

Alex
Coorparoo
Robina
Kedron
Kenmore
Yeronga

Devils in the sun at wynumm tomorow hope the scoreboard attendant has a big nights sleep tonight cos fair chance muggsy,flowers notting and chicka will keep them extremely busy .

Go devils

Remove this Banner Ad

2013 SEQAFL Division 2 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back