2013 SuperCoach Draft strategies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's great if they're there... :D

Towards the end of the draft take punts on potential. Someone who can explode and average 100 (Beams, Dangerfield, etc) is a lot better than someone who you know is only going to score 80 points. After all these are probably going to be bench spots generally.

I'm thinking one of the most important aspects of drafting, is picking the lesser known but still high scoring players towards the end of the draft?
It's the mid-tier guys that make or break you. Everyone knows who the studs are and will wind up with one or two (depending on number of coaches and draft position), but it's the next level down where you separate yourself from the pack. As for the rookies and late rounders, you've got to get lucky for the most part.

I'm in a league and I'm hoping to start with pick 4. I'll take buddy or cox which ever one is available (assuming the top 3 are Ablett swan and one of those 2).
I think having the highest scoring player in the back ruck or forward would be good, plenty of mids out there.
But this is my first go so I'm probably wrong

Just checked the league one of my mates set up and she is a doozy.

3 Backs, 4 Mids, 1 Ruck, 3 Forwards, 4 Bench

10 person league Everyone votes on trades, 1 day wavier, Last Pick to bottom wavier priority.

Should make for some interesting late draft choices can see people drafting with trading to other peoples weakness' in mind

Just checked the league one of my mates set up and she is a doozy.

3 Backs, 4 Mids, 1 Ruck, 3 Forwards, 4 Bench

10 person league Everyone votes on trades, 1 day wavier, Last Pick to bottom wavier priority.

Should make for some interesting late draft choices can see people drafting with trading to other peoples weakness' in mind
When is the draft?

You need to look at players ranked above the 250th player, just had my draft then, last 2 picks i got Leanberger and Christensen. Either the guys in my league weren't the best at it or Cox can slip, I had pick 1 Ablett, then at 16 got Cox. Search for players that are a bit lower, bloke who called Fyfe 40 picks before his rankings got a bargain I believe. Look at how many players there are on the field, 8 man league 2 rucks each, all the good ones went early (noone went down to the berger at ranking 300 early)

Be mindful of auto draft late if your interest fades, mine for 176 picks went 2 hours, one guy left early and copped tippett and harvey consecutive picks

I can't wait for my first crack at it with this drafts game. I have a league going with my mates.
Only thing we are disappointed about is that you cannot customise how many teams make the finals. Eights of 10 team's making the finals is ridiculous. We are customising our own final five as we are all mates.

Does anybody know that once you are out of finals or head to head matches are over, if teams can still do/edit their team and play on as usual? We're concerned that if a team is still alive in our finals series but they are knocked out on the actual sc game (weather it be head to head matches over or knocked out of final 8 online) that it just stops and u can't go on.

Any idea? Thanks

Does anybody know that once you are out of finals or head to head matches are over, if teams can still do/edit their team and play on as usual?
Pure speculation from me, but I wouldn't imagine a knocked-out team would be able to play on. With every player unique, you don't want the free agent pool to be thinned out by a team that's no longer in the running.

Th
Pure speculation from me, but I wouldn't imagine a knocked-out team would be able to play on. With every player unique, you don't want the free agent pool to be thinned out by a team that's no longer in the running.

Thanks goodo. Hopefully next season they will customise the amount of teams make finals. Well just run with 8 this year....and as its a cash league make it the lower you finish on the ladder the more you pay

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure if this is where to ask...but a few mates and I are keen to start our own draft league, but for the life of me I can't figure out how! If anyone could tell me how to start one, that would be most appreciated :thumbsu:

EDIT: of course, 30 seconds after posting, I found it...cheers anyway

Just wondering how benches work. Im in a 10 man league with 4 on the bench, say if you pick four mids on the bench can they cover an injured defender?

Just wondering how benches work. Im in a 10 man league with 4 on the bench, say if you pick four mids on the bench can they cover an injured defender?
Position is irrelevant re bench players. Refer the FAQ:

Select whether you'd like one player on your bench to act as an auto-emergency. If you have a starting player who doesn't play for any reason in any round, the lowest scoring player on your bench (with a score above 0) will act as auto-emergency and replace them on your squad. Only one auto-emergency per team is available.

sorry but
just say you dont fill your private league in draft
say you have got 8 spots but only seven coaches what happens

Well draft order is now known and it's pick #4 for me in a 10 team league so pretty happy with that allows me to grab one of the top mids then hopefully to grab a prem ruck or forward with pick #17

Ive got pick #7 in a 10 man draft. Does anyone think this is too early to be picking Goddard?
Personally I would say yes I would go either one of the gun mids or rucks as quality ruckmen are in short supply with Sandilands breaking down again

Ive got pick #7 in a 10 man draft. Does anyone think this is too early to be picking Goddard?

Not IMO. There are very few known premium defenders at this stage of the year, so grabbing one will set you in good stead. There are a lot more decent midfielders that you can stock up later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back