2013 SuperCoach Draft strategies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My strategy was to pick the best available mid with my first pick which was #6 in a 10-man league. Can't believe how lucky I got.
#6 - Beams
#15 - Cox
Filled up a star in my defenc and forwards with my next two picks:
#26 - Rockliff
#35 - Heath Shaw

Ended up with a damn solid team. No huge weaknesses across the field. Biggest would be my Mid's which I waited until a bit later and picked up some younger ones who I hope will improve.
With a 5-6-2-5 Set-up I ended up with:

Def: Shaw-Birchall-Heppell-Broughton-Burgoyne
Mid: Beams-Greene-Fyfe-Hannebery-Duncan-D.Swallow
Ruc: Cox-Bellchambers
Fwd: Chapman-Rioli-Rockliff-Breust-LeCras
Bench: Hibberd-Shiel-Leuenberger-Darling

My strategy with those last 4 picks was to pick players who would be playing every week barring injury. Also, there were some very weak ruck divisions, and picking up Leuenberger with my last pick, #220 was a must.

thinking of going with a dpp with second oick
when do we find out our draft picks?

My strategy was to pick the best available mid with my first pick which was #6 in a 10-man league. Can't believe how lucky I got.
#6 - Beams
#15 - Cox
Filled up a star in my defenc and forwards with my next two picks:
#26 - Rockliff
#35 - Heath Shaw

Ended up with a damn solid team. No huge weaknesses across the field. Biggest would be my Mid's which I waited until a bit later and picked up some younger ones who I hope will improve.
With a 5-6-2-5 Set-up I ended up with:

Def: Shaw-Birchall-Heppell-Broughton-Burgoyne
Mid: Beams-Greene-Fyfe-Hannebery-Duncan-D.Swallow
Ruc: Cox-Bellchambers
Fwd: Chapman-Rioli-Rockliff-Breust-LeCras
Bench: Hibberd-Shiel-Leuenberger-Darling

My strategy with those last 4 picks was to pick players who would be playing every week barring injury. Also, there were some very weak ruck divisions, and picking up Leuenberger with my last pick, #220 was a must.

That's a very solid team.

I have the same picks. Have danger and cox.
Next picks I'm looking at shaw and then I'm not sure who. This is way more interesting than normal supercoach

In the middle of my draft which started last night... half hour time limit and a couple of people havent logged in so kinda ruined it as i was looking forward to it, now its dragging on ..... My strategy is to load up on premium backs as i feel there are fewer of them than any other line .... took goddard pick 8, m.murphy 13, then gibbs, shaw, duffield at 23, 38, 43, was pleasantly surprised that rockliff fell to me at pick 58 and just snagged mumford at 63 ....
half the sides havent even selected 1 back yet and looking at the list thats left available, grima, rance, dempster, taylor are in the top dozen names there... yikes... glad i wont be stuck with any of them

That's a very solid team.

I have the same picks. Have danger and cox.
Next picks I'm looking at shaw and then I'm not sure who. This is way more interesting than normal supercoach

Yeah, I'm really happy with my team. I would love an 18 team league with 22 players on each team. Would mean each player needs to be in tune with not only the guns, and young rookies, but mid pricers as well. Would make it even more interesting, imo.
Also, one player in this league has Hudson as one of his first two ruckmen. May true and get Goodes out of him for Leuenberger/Bellchambers.

The auto emergency takes the lowest scorer from your bench, so it could be anywhere from 30-70pts. I'd rather choose a player from my bench, and take the 75% chance they aren't the lowest scorer on my bench. Having flexibility with DPP options makes this possible.
So you are saying better to de-activate the Auto-Emergency and therefore each team needs to pick 1 emergency each week?

Sorry, I misunderstood what you were getting at. If you are worried about which player gets selected if there is a late withdrawal, then a more consistent bench is handy to have. However, I would be more concerned about injured players that you don't want to drop from your squad. Having a good spread of positions on your bench to do manual swapping will come in very handy in this scenario, and fwiw, I think this scenario is more likely to happen than a late withdrawal.

Thanks for your help... Still not sure of the spread i will look at for the bench..... Im not keen on a ruckman sitting on my bench i dont think...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It won't let u in until your actual draft time... Same thing happened last night to me.. There was some panic as I thought the website was down...

It won't let u in until your actual draft time... Same thing happened last night to me.. There was some panic as I thought the website was down...

We were all able to log in jus before the draft time which was 10pm last night. We done an offline draft then all set our pre rankings and set it to auto pick. No one can still get in.

Hey guys just have a quick question, if I was to hold a "draft night" with my mates at my house, would everyone need to have access to their account so they can pick each round? Meaning they would need to have a PC/Laptop or Mobile to access the site?

Or is there a way to manage all picks from the one account so we can set it up on the TV and everyone can watch on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back