2013 SuperCoach Draft strategies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone need a league?
Started one recently but haven't been an active recruiter, code is 300155.
Banzai draft, 22 players and free-for-all trading.
Draft is tonight, unless there is not enough members, at 8.

Yeah you can.... maybe not during the draft... but once its comple - was playing round with my team earlier tonight and noticed I could do that with Goddard and Gibbs... from the bench they can move into either midfield or defence

So if I have dual position players I don't need someone to swap with that is also dual position?

So if I have dual position players I don't need someone to swap with that is also dual position?

That's correct ... you just need someone from the same line on your bench to take their place .. eg Hannebery is missing from my midfield for a week and on the bench I have Stephen Hill and Michael Johnson - If i think Johnson will outscore Hill put Johnson on the field for Gibbs and then swing Gibbs into the middle

That's correct ... you just need someone from the same line on your bench to take their place .. eg Hannebery is missing from my midfield for a week and on the bench I have Stephen Hill and Michael Johnson - If i think Johnson will outscore Hill put Johnson on the field for Gibbs and then swing Gibbs into the middle

Cool, thanks :)

So this is how my draft team ended up.

scdraft.png

8Zjp4KZ.png

Had pick 1 which was a bit of a curse in reality. Was an 8 man league and I can already see that the guys with picks 4/5/6 have the strongest sides/well rounded.

Yeah in our 12 team league the talent dried up very quickly. I think ignoring defenders till about halfway through is a good strategy - you have to take a ruckman in the first two rounds (in a 12 teamer), I would say 3rd round latest. Get a couple of gun mids, maybe one gun forward, then go for 'mid price' type value picks....Very tough to field a strong team and I reckon depth across the park will be critical. Guys who can average a solid 60-70 or 80-90 who you would never pick in the normal SC version because of their awkward price will probably be very important for your team so don't overlook those safe, boring types.

you have to take a ruckman in the first two rounds (in a 12 teamer), I would say 3rd round latest. Get a couple of gun mids, maybe one gun forward, then go for 'mid price' type value picks
Agree with the rucks, unless you have pick 1/2/3 where you really should pick Ablett/Swan/Pendles you should try to pick up Cox in the first round. If you didn't get Cox in the first round get a ruckman in the 2nd.

Don't agree with ignoring the backs, if anything you should completely ignore the midfield after round 3, get a ruckman and two gun mids in the first 3 then try to fill out the fwd/def as the talent dries up extremely quickly whereas the midfield has a lot of depth in it.

Anybody welcome to SC Draft tonight, Tuesday 19th at 9pm (AEDT.) Code is 130252.
7 spots remaining. Snake, 90 second picks, 5-6-2-5/4

Silly question maybe...but when you do team trades...you don't have swap like for like do you?. ie. I'm trying to trade with a guy who has Sandilands in his team. I'm offering him Mumford...but I want Priddis in return. If I get Priddis do I then need to shed a mid and get another ruckman?.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have Sidebottom and offered him up for trade to test the waters out, and I have been offered Nicky Dal.

I feel that Sidebottom could go a bit backwards this year, given that Collingwood will see the return of Ball, so he'll probably be spending more time up forward. But on the other hand, he's at the age where he could take another step up this season.

Dal Santo had an off year last year, and is a proven point scorer -he had a bad year last year and still averaged over 100.

What do you guys think?

I created an Excel spreadsheet of the top 300 ranked players as per the recent HUN article to use for my draft. I used it to highlight who was taken and filter out/sort who was left. You're welcome to use if you want.

Just change the file type back to .xlsx to use

Attachments

• SC Draft.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 56
I'm also interesting in posting my draft results. Is there an easy way to export this or is it just painstaking manual bullshit?

The NFL fantasy comp emails you a summary :(

Just did a 12 man draft gets thin really quick
Ended up with
Backs - Birchall - Reilly -Hartlett - Yarran - B.Ried -- Laidler
Mids - Murphy - Judd - Fyfe - Hannebery - Ziebell - Cunnington -- Ball
Rucks - Maric -Kreuzer -- Leuenburger
Forwars - Rioli - Cloke - J. Brown - Ballantyne - J. Kennedy -- L.Hansen
Started with pick 11 which is a real problem to work around, the middle area is where you want to be starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back