Rumour 2013 Trade and Free Agent Rumour Mill

Remove this Banner Ad

We passed when he was free, so can't see us trading for him after an unimpressive season. :confused:

Unimpressive? He played for a shit team and still managed to kick a few bags, didn't he? I always thought his positioning and strength was good when I watched him. And although it doesn't mean much in the scheme of winning games, his kicking action is beautiful. I rate him. Deceptively tall, too.

We don't need Sylvia!! he's a great player when he's up and going but we defs don't need him. He does provide a lead up target but he's no more capable than Mayne, Waters or Ballaz. If we get Sylvia it just means Crozier is never going to get a game and I feel with the right development he can be better than Sylvia.

*yawn*

He'd be competing with De Boer for his spot. If he can lift the defensive pressure, he'd be a significant upgrade on De Boer (much better offensive side to his game). I'd think he'd rotate forward and middle swapping with Fyfe. We'd have the best midfield unit going around. Mundy/Barlow/Fyfe/Sylvia/Crowley/Hill/D.Pearce/Sandi/Clarke. With pretty much all of them capable of pushing forward and hitting the scoreboard.

This may have been mentioned already not too sure...

Thoughts on J-Pod ?....if you can convince him to move over with family, would slot right into FF

Their supporters are finally waking up to how crap their list is (they're a bit slower than us, we've been telling them for 12 months). This way they get to start again with shiny new picks and sell false hope all over again.

I think you'll find it's been a lot longer than 12 months that we have collectively been telling WCE they are crap. It's only that for a lot of this time, we have not performed much better (if at all).

If we don't get Gumby it is probably a must for a year or two. He hasn't had a great season but he is a big body and we would be a better forward line with him in it than without him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really think our list management team has developed a great FA strategy - look for players that will fit in to the lineup, won't cost the world (and piss off the rest of the player group), and can make an immediate impact.

Everyone is clamouring about Sydney, but geez they've paid a lot for who they're getting. Our model appears to be a very sustainable one, and shows also that we are a VERY attractive club to play footy at right now.

This may have been mentioned already not too sure...

Thoughts on J-Pod ?....if you can convince him to move over with family, would slot right into FF
Just no. Dislike the guy and doesn't contribute enough when the ball is in general play. We re after forwards for the future, when Pav hangs up the boots. J pod is a stopgap option which will only make the problem worst. Don't think around here like him either..

Just no. Dislike the guy and doesn't contribute enough when the ball is in general play. We re after forwards for the future, when Pav hangs up the boots. J pod is a stopgap option which will only make the problem worst. Don't think around here like him either..
We are going to try draft for forwards of the future and are trading or FA for now. JPod isn't going to replace Pav in the future, he is going to support him while he is still here. He hasn't impressed me much JPod this year, but if Freo think he is what we need for a year or two then I respect their judgement on that.

apuchar said:
Yeah reckon Morabito is more in the Pav mould than Fyfe.

Has the knee injuries caused him to lose height, very serious non pun question. Recently I checked Freo site he was listed as 189 cm, I was certain he was 190/1 when he was drafted.

Shuey for #2 is the stupidest thing I've read on here in a while. Not having a go at you as an individual, just saying that skirt wearing duck isn't even the slightest bit close to being worth #2. If he was, then we'd be offering Suban for a top 10 pick.

i think the deal's pick 25 + Shuey/???

Has the knee injuries caused him to lose height, very serious non pun question. Recently I checked Freo site he was listed as 189 cm, I was certain he was 190/1 when he was drafted.

I noticed that myself. He was listed at 191 cm when he was recruited and now 189cm. The heights seem to be all over the place. A while ago they had Macca at 195cm now he's 192cm. They also had Pav at 191cm now he's 192cm. Mora's a big dude anyway.

I noticed that myself. He was listed at 191 cm when he was recruited and now 189cm. The heights seem to be all over the place. A while ago they had Macca at 195cm now he's 192cm. They also had Pav at 191cm now he's 192cm. Mora's a big dude anyway.

Barlows also dropped, was 190+

If you don't mind me saying I do doubt Freo's height claims at times, even though your midfield is taller than most. Seeing Morabito around he's hardly taller than me at 185cm.

There's similar discrepancies with Adelaide too, from 2012-13 more than 10 players supposedly lost or gained a good 2cm in height.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2013 Trade and Free Agent Rumour Mill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back