Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you have any direct information that says he doesn't? Because unless you do I think it's incredibly harsh to be making these assumptions about him. Mf didn't even play today yet suddenly everything is his fault.
Yes, the extra chin under his first chin tells me he doesnt. I'm not blaming him for today, just the defence of him when he clearly isnt as professional as he should be

And you think he doesn't? Darcy isn't blowing out. He's literally been at this weight for his entire career. He won a b&f at this weight. You really think he's had that b&f season and then decided to throw all professionalism out the window?
Yes but at “this weight” you are putting huge stress loads on joints and ligaments continuously. If you have a disposition, do something about it or retire

Hate to pile on, but hard to disagree. A fit and firing, strong version of Darcy puts us over the top, in my opinion.

He needs to get together with Jackson and Treacy let the big cohuna lead them along his path. If Darcy got fitter, and Jacko & Darcy marked like Treacy, we'd be unbeatable.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Try to stay in shape when you can't get on your feet. Fyfe was a ****ing stick when he came into the club. Darcy was already big. Surprise surprise, different people are built differently.
Sorry, immobility isn't an excuse. As a pro athlete he should be counting his macros. Blowing up like this shows you're not serious about your profession.

And you think he doesn't? Darcy isn't blowing out. He's literally been at this weight for his entire career. He won a b&f at this weight. You really think he's had that b&f season and then decided to throw all professionalism out the window?
Ya that was whole 3 years ago.

Carrying that weight year in year out as you get older only gets harder on the body exponentially.
Especially in the ruck

It was also at time when the team was in a totally different phase to now.

Notice how all his contemporaries at the club have lifted the bar in terms of their professionalism as the squads progressed and the teams goals have shifted?

Big baby Darcy’s basically been stuck in a time loop every season since that BnF and our teams noticeably the poorer for it

Sorry, immobility isn't an excuse. As a pro athlete he should be counting his macros. Blowing up like this shows you're not serious about your profession.
I just find it hard to believe that as a pro athlete he's not already doing that. It's bare minimum. I've seen people comment on photos of Darcy taken literal days apart and one person will say that he's slimmed down, while another will say that he's come back in awful shape. Without player weights it's honestly a guessing game. McGovern still gets the "fatty" tag and he looks gaunt in person.

Does Darcy need to lose weight and get fitter? Sure. But it's a hell of a lot easier said than done after recurrent injuries. I just don't believe that he's not already doing everything in his power to acheive that, and I find it hard to believe that the club would just be standing my taking no action if he was that unprofessional.

I just find it hard to believe that as a pro athlete he's not already doing that. It's bare minimum. I've seen people comment on photos of Darcy taken literal days apart and one person will say that he's slimmed down, while another will say that he's come back in awful shape. Without player weights it's honestly a guessing game. McGovern still gets the "fatty" tag and he looks gaunt in person.

Can gaurantee that even if Darcy does reach peak shape he will not look much different to now.
He needs to do whatever Nankervis is doing.

But then again you have blokes like Luke Ryan who are never injured and he's still got a massive gut. So maybe I'm giving the club too much credit for their professionalism standards.

Can gaurantee that even if Darcy does reach peak shape he will not look much different to now.
Look we know he is one of your faves but no one should be defending him at this stage.

He is one of the highest paid players at our club. We traded out Meek and parked Jako in the forwardline to give Darcy the ruck mantle. The club has sacrificed a lot of time and resources to give Darcy success. He has only played 12 games this season and 15 games last season. His unavailability is killing us and could cost us finals this season.

The best way to reduce injury is to reduce weight. Weight loss is literally 80% dieting 20% exercise, this is backed up by science. It is time he repays back the clubs faith and puts in the hard work.

Does Darcy need to lose weight and get fitter? Sure. But it's a hell of a lot easier said than done after recurrent injuries. I just don't believe that he's not already doing everything in his power to acheive that, and I find it hard to believe that the club would just be standing my taking no action if he was that unprofessional.

Says part of his diet changes (note it’s on the pre season only just gone included giving up the beers…

Umm yea he’s only just giving them up (doesn’t actually say all together or just during season too) but for someone who’s body weight is and always has been clear issue only just now giving up the grog into what was his 8th preseason doesn’t exactly scream to me someone who’s doing “all they can”

Also the boldness probably the biggest misnomer in footy and I can’t believe people still dont realise it-

The club can provide all the resources in the world for its players but at the end of the day it’s up to the players themselves how much (or little) they take on board from it

Says part of his diet changes (note it’s on the pre season only just gone included giving up the beers…

Umm yea he’s only just giving them up (doesn’t actually say all together or just during season too) but for someone who’s body weight is and always has been clear issue only just now giving up the grog into what was his 8th preseason doesn’t exactly scream to me someone who’s doing “all they can”

Also the boldness probably the biggest misnomer in footy and I can’t believe people still dont realise it-

The club can provide all the resources in the world for its players but at the end of the day it’s up to the players themselves how much (or little) they take on board from it
Do they not include these things in contract clauses though? Like if you're signing someone with weight issues and knee issues on a long term deal can you not add clauses related to weight/body fat/availability etc?

Reading that article though it seems clear to me that now at least he's taking things seriously re weight loss. Why did it take so long? Probably because his availability wasn't actually an issue until mid last year. And we can't go back in time, so what's the point on dwelling on what he did in the past? All we can hope is that he continues along that path and comes back lighter and fitter.

Im sure his diet is fine he needs to lay off the piss.

The selection of Taberber today infuriated me. News came in as i walked through the gate and i turned to the bloke next to me. Might as wall Walk out now we aren't winning with Taberenr.

He has stolen a career, there is no way he lasts 10+ years on any other team's list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do they not include these things in contract clauses though? Like if you're signing someone with weight issues and knee issues on a long term deal can you not add clauses related to weight/body fat/availability etc?
Nah no way not for that lol
Players union would lose their shit haha

Only games played /BnF finishes etc
For bonuses

Im sure his diet is fine he needs to lay off the piss.

The selection of Taberber today infuriated me. News came in as i walked through the gate and i turned to the bloke next to me. Might as wall Walk out now we aren't winning with Taberenr.

He has stolen a career, there is no way he lasts 10+ years on any other team's list
Harsh. You should be frustrated at JL, not the guy who got the call a couple minutes before the game

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

People have different body shapes. Shultz looks like he has a gut too but he’s actually an angel.
Schultz is another one who clearly didn't put any time into his weight and figure. He looks fat. As with Ryan, people don't care about the professionalism side of things. They just care if they're available to play.

Yup, so he should be losing weight. After all, it's mostly diet hey?

No one has a problem with him because he plays through his back injuries, but what use is it when he's playing like complete dog shit.
A lot of people have a problem with Ryan. Why the backline coach keeps giving him a legit defensive role is beyond me. He is one of the most useless defenders i have ever seen. Intercepting, is a different story.
I hope we are in the market for better coaches. Seriously..

A lot of people have a problem with Ryan. Why the backline coach keeps giving him a legit defensive role is beyond me. He is one of the most useless defenders i have ever seen. Intercepting, is a different story.
I hope we are in the market for better coaches. Seriously..
I mean we've never had discussions on here about him being overweight or unfit. He's been useless the back half of the year. Can't believe he won an AA playing as a KPD because he looks useless at that now.

It’s definitely a contentious topic, and incredibly hard to discuss on forums like this without venturing into “8% or GTFO” territory - but being lean and athletic is without doubt a diet thing.

Darcy might indeed show up to every session early, not skimp on cardio, and be the consummate professional in his ruck craft and even get 90% of nutrition right - but you just don’t present the way he does if you’re on top of what you put into your body.

I mean we've never had discussions on here about him being overweight or unfit. He's been useless the back half of the year. Can't believe he won an AA playing as a KPD because he looks useless at that now.
Surprising isn't it. Not sure if limited training is part of the cause but it still doesn't excuse the coach repeatedly giving him that role when he is clearly useless at it now. Don't really think Ryan's playing weight is in the same league as Darcy. Also Schultz is a lot more unfit looking now then when he eas with us and it does seem to be affecting his play to some degree. Or it just might be that he is a bit player in there forward line.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back